❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
question

Did Bloody Mary's Success Influence Gaga?

Chlorine

Did Bloody Mary's Success Influence Gaga?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bloody Mary's Success Influence Gaga?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Gagaplayer315

When LG7 is another yee haw album then what :franminervini:

Reality

If she is going in a "darker" route for LG7, I'm willing to bet that Joker inspired that tone more than anything. She said in the interviews during the Chromatica Ball Film red carpet that she wants to "break genres" and combine her music and acting more. I think that was a nod to Joker and perhaps the influences it had on the album. And if she is filming something in an asylum, like recent rumors are suggesting, then that's clearly connected to Joker :sweat: 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Like 3

crazygato

BM is a song about faith and loyalty so maybe its a sign she has faith again in herself and brand. :pray:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

tyler k

yes, and a bunch of other songs from BTW have gone viral (Judas, Government Hooker, Heavy Metal Lover), along with Joker I do think she's embracing the art of darkness again like she used to.

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

LordByron28
30 minutes ago, tyler k said:

yes, and a bunch of other songs from BTW have gone viral (Judas, Government Hooker, Heavy Metal Lover), along with Joker I do think she's embracing the art of darkness again like she used to.

Yes, I also think it’s been a while since she has embraced that side of hers. I think it was semi-important to not have her pigeonholed into always being the dark, weird one which is why in many ways Joanne, ASIB, Chromatica, HMH, & L4S were necessary to show balance and a bit more depth. However, I’m thinking all of the BTW tik tok viral songs and ARTPOP’s resurgence in appreciation helped influence the sound and imagery of LG7 as well as restore some confidence that was lost during that era. Especially since she kept saying how BTW & ARTPOP music were avante garde, futuristic, ahead of its time, and that it would last a decade. It really proved her point and likely restored some faith within herself as well as Interscope. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2School4Cool
Posted (edited)

Gaga’s eras have always felt unique but also natural and fitting to where she is in her life, so we’ll see once the album comes. However, I could see the success of BM giving her the confidence to venture into something a little darker again

Edited by 2School4Cool
See The Best In Everyone

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i don’t think we’re getting pop. i think we’re getting pure dance 

• Like 1

OMF

It may have played a role, as the darker/mysterious Gaga is the “classic”. With the exception of ASIB which was also a side-project for a film. She knows fans also have been craving for more of that. Let’s see though we can’t be sure what she has up her sleeve.

Starmie25

I think she's made closure with a lot of the hurt in her life. Chromatica was almost like a return to form her embracing the pop/dance again.

• Like 1

Radio Ga Ga
6 hours ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

When LG7 is another yee haw album then what :franminervini:

We’re getting dark country :classy:

• LMAO 1

Creyk
2 hours ago, Radio Gaga said:

We’re getting dark country :classy:

That could be really good actually.

• YAAAS 2