Featured Posts

Lucas
3 minutes ago, C Rose said:

If you say so...

... then I'm right, thank you :flower:

• LMAO 2

Chlorine
1 hour ago, Nycboy said:

I agree it’s kind of irritating (even though I’m the OP) but to me it’s interesting from a business/marketing/PR perspective. Gaga is an artist, but she’s also a businesswoman who cares deeply about her career. She knows that the Grammys will help her sell more music, benefit her image, increase her exposure before a tour, give her a stage to showcase a performance, etc. I think she really likes being taken seriously as an artist, and having more Grammys helps with that (even though the Grammys can be problematic). I think there’s something old-Hollywood about Gaga that pushes her to want to be thought of as one of the “greats” for generations to come, and this kind of plays into that notion. 

Point taken, but I will say that Gaga being an Oscar winner does majorly factor in. She is more cemented because of that in addition to her existing Grammys.

🖤🖤🖤
  • Like 1

Anderson123
1 hour ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

I don’t really care, either way. This may be bold, but I can see Taylor not getting an AOTY nom tbh. Pop vocal, song of the year and best collab, but not album. Not all critics loved it. Billie & Bey are locked. I don’t see Dua or Ari getting a nomination either tbh. 

I think Billie has a better chance to win Pop Album, Ariana Pop Solo (We Can't Be Friends) or Dance (Yes, And?), Taylor could get Pop Duo (Fortnight) but I want to think the Grammys will not give her Album of the Year this time. Midnights was pure Eras Tour hype win. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

HermesGr

Although i dislike her persona at all, the only competition this year i can see, is Beyonce's album. Its fenomenal. Not happy to say it.. 🤷🏻‍♂️ If Gaga will bring something magic n expiremental we will see, but i dont see any pop albut beat Beyonce this year.. 😬🥴

PartySick
1 hour ago, Siena said:

If she wins more Grammys great I’ll be so happy for her, but at the same time she has 13, and the Grammys have reallllly lost their value to me after the countless Lana snubs. They’ve become a popularity contest that doesn’t necessarily reward the best work. 

This

Taylor won AOTY what...4 times?

Clearly they're meaningless awards :laughga:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

weed

I feel like no matter what Taylor won’t win AOTY for at least 5+ more years? It would be ridiculous if she won AOTY again so soon, she already has the most ever. 

Nominated, sure, but I cannot imagine her winning it. 

Gaga, not sure I can imagine her winning either unless the album really is THAT special. 3 AOTY noms in a row, and nothing, so I don’t think they’re so keen on giving it to her, but maybe. 

SpadesToStart

Idc about winning Grammys at this point. She already has a pile of them, and their credibility is a joke these days with all the snubs and Swift worship. As long as she’s nominated, I’m chillin

• Like 2

Anderson123
8 hours ago, PartySick said:

This

Taylor won AOTY what...4 times?

Clearly they're meaningless awards :laughga:

Meanwhile Born This Way has 0 Grammys and ARTPOP 0 nominations out of all her albums. 

jacs vs looser
12 hours ago, Lucas said:

I don't think she stands a chance against Taylor, Bey and Billie. 

This 100%. She still has a shot at categories where they are not nominated of course, but that probably means 1 or at most 2 nominations where she could potentially win.

monstertoronto
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, C Rose said:

If you say so...

The literal CEO of the Grammys was suspended 4 years ago and then said on the record that the Grammys were rigged. How the labels had people on the “nominating committees” and would horse trade amongst themselves who they wanted to promote and would all agree on the nominees in spite of the number of nominating votes that came in. There were every specific allegations, like it was alleged that Miley Cyrus had been bumped for a different favoured contender even though Miley had the votes. There were many stories written about how the Grammys vowed to change their methods when artists like Drake and the Weeknd boycotted because they said the Grammys were fixed. There is a lot of journalism out there documenting the corruption of the Grammys. I mean, I still want Gaga to win because most of the world still values them and it helps her career, but I also don’t really believe they are fair and valuable any more. 

here’s a BBC article about the CEO even saying she has “evidence” the Grammys are rigged. It’s like BBC, not Buzzfeed. 
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51221137.amp

Edited by monstertoronto
  • Shook 1

C Rose
2 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

The literal CEO of the Grammys was suspended 4 years ago and then said on the record that the Grammys were rigged. How the labels had people on the “nominating committees” and would horse trade amongst themselves who they wanted to promote and would all agree on the nominees in spite of the number of nominating votes that came in. There were every specific allegations, like it was alleged that Miley Cyrus had been bumped for a different favoured contender even though Miley had the votes. There were many stories written about how the Grammys vowed to change their methods when artists like Drake and the Weeknd boycotted because they said the Grammys were fixed. There is a lot of journalism out there documenting the corruption of the Grammys. I mean, I still want Gaga to win because most of the world still values them and it helps her career, but I also don’t really believe they are fair and valuable any more. 

here’s a BBC article about the CEO even saying she has “evidence” the Grammys are rigged. It’s like BBC, not Buzzfeed. 
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51221137.amp

Oh, I know that the Grammys are biased. How else could Taylor bag 3 AOTY wins?!

I had my doubts about the person I was responding to. That's who I was referring to.