💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LG7 Grammys Competition

Nycboy

Featured Posts

Nycboy
Posted (edited)

With LG7 being teased, we now know the album is very likely to be released in 2024. The Grammy deadline this year is 8/30/24. If Gaga releases by that date, she’ll be up against Beyoncé, Taylor, Billie, Ariana and maybe Dua, Lana or even Katy for awards. For the AOTY category, we can also count on Kacey Musgraves and Vampire Weekend likely taking up a slot. How do we feel about all this competition? 

Alternatively, could this be a major sign pointing towards LG7 coming in September or later, to let the competition simmer down?

I think Gaga really respects the Grammys since they’ve treated her well, and she brings them viewers. 

Edited by Nycboy
  • LMAO 1

Red

you_need_to_calm_down.mp3

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 1

Lucas

I don't think she stands a chance against Taylor, Bey and Billie. If voters think that Midnights is deserving of AOTY then Taylor will win with whatever she releases in the future.

• Thanks 4

Chlorine

I find this discourse to be so irritating. :max:

• Like 1

palma

After 13 Grammy's idk if she'd really care to postpone her album - the competition is tough this year but there will also be releases next year.

I think she's very likely to win in the Dance categories if the album is indeed dancey.

• Thanks 2

Gagaplayer315

She better releases before the deadline so she can attend all the award ceremonies in 2025 with LG7 and Joker :vegas:

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

andy232000

Im ok with the lead before the deadline, but album after to better her chances

• Like 4

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

I don’t really care, either way. This may be bold, but I can see Taylor not getting an AOTY nom tbh. Pop vocal, song of the year and best collab, but not album. Not all critics loved it. Billie & Bey are locked. I don’t see Dua or Ari getting a nomination either tbh. 

Nycboy
1 hour ago, Chlorine Sevigny said:

I find this discourse to be so irritating. :max:

I agree it’s kind of irritating (even though I’m the OP) but to me it’s interesting from a business/marketing/PR perspective. Gaga is an artist, but she’s also a businesswoman who cares deeply about her career. She knows that the Grammys will help her sell more music, benefit her image, increase her exposure before a tour, give her a stage to showcase a performance, etc. I think she really likes being taken seriously as an artist, and having more Grammys helps with that (even though the Grammys can be problematic). I think there’s something old-Hollywood about Gaga that pushes her to want to be thought of as one of the “greats” for generations to come, and this kind of plays into that notion. 

• Thanks 1

C Rose
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I don't think she stands a chance against Taylor, Bey and Billie. If voters think that Midnights is deserving of AOTY then Taylor will win with whatever she releases in the future.

So you are judging the situation and Gaga has not released a new album yet... Seems biased...

• Thanks 1

erfaan

She should totally release the album after the cut off. I'd say lead single before the end of June (and hope this blows up) and then Album in September. 

If the lead single doesn't blow up, add in another single before the album drops. 

Siena

If she wins more Grammys great I’ll be so happy for her, but at the same time she has 13, and the Grammys have reallllly lost their value to me after the countless Lana snubs. They’ve become a popularity contest that doesn’t necessarily reward the best work. 

• Like 2

Lucas
31 minutes ago, C Rose said:

So you are judging the situation and Gaga has not released a new album yet... Seems biased...

Not really lol. Taylor is the Grammy's sweatheart. Gaga could release an album that is scientifically proved to be better than any Taylor album and Taylor would still win. The Grammy's are biased, not me.

• Like 4

C Rose
4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Not really lol. Taylor is the Grammy's sweatheart. Gaga could release an album that is scientifically proved to be better than any Taylor album and Taylor would still win. The Grammy's are biased, not me.

If you say so...