Jump to content

💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Wicked Official Trailer


B2theRich33
 Share

Featured Posts

MessyTop
1 hour ago, BellaFahmi said:

could this do better than Joker 2? in terms of awards and box office?

Yes. Because 1 everyone knows the Wizard of Oz, 2 is the biggest Broadway musical in the last 20 years, 3 Ariana grande Fans. It has mega mass appeal. Plus it will be PG-13

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

WhiteWitch
8 minutes ago, bim said:

I’m curious how they’re going to divide the movie, especially in terms of Defying Gravity. That’s essentially the scene everyone wants to see. So do they put it in the first movie, which could deter the audience from coming back for part two. Or do they wait for the second movie, which could make part one feel like a let down without it.

The trailer looks quite promising either way. 

Defying Gravity will likely be the Pt 1 Finale honestly

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

WhiteWitch
2 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

Yes. Because 1 everyone knows the Wizard of Oz, 2 is the biggest Broadway musical in the last 20 years, 3 Ariana grande Fans. It has mega mass appeal. Plus it will be PG-13

Agreed, and the audience for this expects a musical as well. Joker 2 may have DC but there is a possibility that discussions about it being music centered could be a turnoff to some comic fans too. I think both will do well though, and I don’t believe they conflict with each other in scheduling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

WhiteWitch
56 minutes ago, phantasmas said:

there is so much color but somehow still looks dull?? wtf is up with studios using these dull and dark ass filters

I actually think the opposite is happening. Film and TV are over saturated which adds to the fake vibe at times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

HIM820
50 minutes ago, WhiteWitch said:

Agreed, and the audience for this expects a musical as well. Joker 2 may have DC but there is a possibility that discussions about it being music centered could be a turnoff to some comic fans too. I think both will do well though, and I don’t believe they conflict with each other in scheduling. 

I still think it will do well no matter what, but now that it’s been confirmed that the Marvel Agatha series is a musical I wonder how that’s going to play with fans expectations and perceptions of all of it. It comes out the week before, so they’re getting two comic book “musicals” at the same time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maria Brink
2 hours ago, BellaFahmi said:

could this do better than Joker 2? in terms of awards and box office?

Easily 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maria Brink
2 hours ago, GipJo said:

I'm sorry but this looks so boring. Ariana's acting is not good, so are the supporting casts. The production is on point but that's about it. Sadly this is the type of movies that still sell a lot no matter what just because it's Disney live action remake, just like Lion King. At least the music will be good.

Girl Disney what? It literally says Universal at the beginning 😂 this is not a remake. This is a prequel to the Wizard of Oz and everything that happened before Dorothy even was a thing in Oz. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reality

It's a great trailer and it definitely made me more excited for the movie, but a 3 1/2 minute trailer is wild :giveup: I kinda wished they showed less because it feels like they showed the whole movie 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reality
1 hour ago, MessyTop said:

Yes. Because 1 everyone knows the Wizard of Oz, 2 is the biggest Broadway musical in the last 20 years, 3 Ariana grande Fans. It has mega mass appeal. Plus it will be PG-13

I mean, Joker is literally one of the most iconic villains of all time, and you could easily make the Little Monster comparison to Arianators. Wicked being PG-13 definitely makes it more accessible to people, but the first Joker movie made over a billion dollars. Not to mention, the trailer did exceptionally well in terms of views and getting people interested in the movie.

Wicked is definitely more commercial than Joker 2, but I think it has a strong chance to be better at both the award shows and box office.

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughhouse Dandy

Why am I crying over a trailer?

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ziggy
2 hours ago, MadArchitect said:

not to dig on Ariana, but it feels she's still playing cat valentine sadly, she keeps the same body language and cadence..

I wouldn’t say that I jsut think there’s some crossover. Like Galinda speaks in a bit of a higher tone and should seem like she kinda floats through life. Cat, being a moron, did basically the same thing for different reasons lmao

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

SlowLoris

I wonder if they'll add some stuff that was in the book but not the Broadway musical

Link to post
Share on other sites

SlowLoris
2 hours ago, GipJo said:

I'm sorry but this looks so boring. Ariana's acting is not good, so are the supporting casts. The production is on point but that's about it. Sadly this is the type of movies that still sell a lot no matter what just because it's Disney live action remake, just like Lion King. At least the music will be good.

It's not a Disney remake.... It's based on a musical which is based on a book lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

phantasmas
1 hour ago, WhiteWitch said:

I actually think the opposite is happening. Film and TV are over saturated which adds to the fake vibe at times. 

maybe but to dull it down for Wizard of Oz is wild

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...