💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

event

Eurovision Song Contest 2025 in Basel, Switzerland

Dutch

Featured Posts

SwissMonster
3 hours ago, cookmyeggs said:

Looks like Biel (Nemo's hometown) would like for Bern to host in Bernexpo and would support their bid, even though Bern already said they don't want to host lol

Maybe Bern is not entirely out of the picture in the end, if Biel manage to convince them

Yeah I saw that too. BernExpo won’t be complete until end of April 2025. This would not be enough time to host it there. I can imagine Biel being involved somehow still. Nemo said they would love to have the turquoise carpet there. Not impossible even if its Zürich or Basel hosting

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Okinawa
Posted (edited)

News: It was reported that Switzerland wanted to confirm its host city in September but Zürich said it's not gonna wait until September and they want clarity as soon as possible because Hallenstadion is booking out in advance and they cannot afford not to make May 2025 appointments now.

https://www.bernerzeitung.ch/nach-sieg-von-nemo-bern-und-biel-sollen-sich-um-esc-reissen-427720881589

Edited by Okinawa
~We are Reel Cool~

Okinawa
Posted (edited)

Basel is experiencing problems: The roof of Jakobshalle is said to be not capable of carrying ultra-modern flood lights like Malmö was doing by May 2025.

https://www.bzbasel.ch/basel/basel-stadt/st-jakobshalle-an-der-decke-liegt-es-die-st-jakobshalle-ist-fuer-den-esc-2025-nicht-bereit-ld.2618566

Also Swiss government said that it is not going to financially contribute to the ESC and that the host city/kanton alone (together with sponsors) must finance the event. This makes it rather unlikely to be Bern, because Bern is less rich than Basel and Zürich.

Edited by Okinawa
~We are Reel Cool~

cookmyeggs
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

Yeah I saw that too. BernExpo won’t be complete until end of April 2025. This would not be enough time to host it there. I can imagine Biel being involved somehow still. Nemo said they would love to have the turquoise carpet there. Not impossible even if its Zürich or Basel hosting

Ahh I didn't know that! Guess that BernExpo looks unlikely then. Still I agree it would be great to have at least something in Biel

17 hours ago, Okinawa said:

Also Swiss government said that it is not going to financially contribute to the ESC and that the host city/kanton alone (together with sponsors) must finance the event. This makes it rather unlikely to be Bern, because Bern is less rich than Basel and Zürich.

I'm not surprised, probably in the end it will come down to which city is willing to put the most money into it

Edited by cookmyeggs

palma
17 hours ago, Okinawa said:

Also Swiss government said that it is not going to financially contribute to the ESC and that the host city/kanton alone (together with sponsors) must finance the event. 

It will be another year of Martin Moroccanoil isn’t it :franminervini:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?

bionic
1 minute ago, palma said:

I read the sponsorship ended with this year's contest, so if 'Moroccan' Oil are sponsors again next year it is an active choice by the EBU

buy bionic

Cello

stream zitti e buoni for clear skin :tony:

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana

SwissMonster

The Random :icant:

• YAAAS 1

SwissMonster

Not this :stupidoreo:

• LMAO 3

Okinawa
22 hours ago, palma said:

22 hours ago, bionic said:

I read the sponsorship ended with this year's contest, so if 'Moroccan' Oil are sponsors again next year it is an active choice by the EBU

I'm such a flop fan  :toofunny: :saladga::stupidoreo::stupidoreo: I always thought Moroccanoil was the state-owned central oil company of Morocco (oil rigs, oil platforms) like BP Oil or Gazprom of Russia that sponsors Schalke and football.

And I thought Moroccanoil was government subsidized by Morocco to create positive advertising for Morocco to distract from human rights violations there. And becausre ESC is such a big event, only a truly huge multi-billion company could sponsor it, and big oil companies usually easily can.

I had no idea Moroccanoil was a cosmetics company. This is too surreal to be true :sick::sick:

Somebody gotta verify thar Moroccanoil is not fake and truly exists. I got a feeling that behind its façade, could be a disguised offshore oil rig .

~We are Reel Cool~

bionic
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Okinawa said:

I'm such a flop fan  :toofunny: :saladga::stupidoreo::stupidoreo: I always thought Moroccanoil was the state-owned central oil company of Morocco (oil rigs, oil platforms) like BP Oil or Gazprom of Russia that sponsors Schalke and football.

And I thought Moroccanoil was government subsidized by Morocco to create positive advertising for Morocco to distract from human rights violations there. And becausre ESC is such a big event, only a truly huge multi-billion company could sponsor it, and big oil companies usually easily can.

I had no idea Moroccanoil was a cosmetics company. This is too surreal to be true :sick::sick:

Somebody gotta verify thar Moroccanoil is not fake and truly exists. I got a feeling that behind its façade, could be a disguised offshore oil rig .

Moroccanoil products are very famous lmao. They are very real cosmetic products and have a very recognisable smell

The actual brand has very little to do with Morocco beyond the fruit used. The product is almost entirely manufactured in Tel Aviv

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Thanks 1

palma
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Okinawa said:

'Moroccan' part of Moroccanoil comes from the Argan plant, native to Morocco which has many benefits to hair :huntyga:

It's a very nice product tbh, it smells a little goat-ish (I think in the Moroccan countryside some villagers still extract the oil from goat droppings :emma:, any product you'd purchase would be cold-pressed though) but it makes your hair very healthy. Don't purchase Moroccanoil though, it's WAY overpriced and they're trying to kill Eurovision so :volantis:

Edited by palma
  • Thanks 1

Juanlittlem
4 minutes ago, palma said:

'Moroccan' part of Moroccanoil comes from the Argan plant, native to Morocco which has many benefits to hair :huntyga:

It's a very nice product tbh, it smells a little goat-ish (I think in the Moroccan countryside some villagers still extract the oil from goat droppings :emma:) but it makes your hair very healthy. Don't purchase Moroccanoil though, it's WAY overpriced and they're trying to kill Eurovision so :volantis:

They did give us a totebag and some samples after the shows :ally:

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.

palma
3 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

They did give us a totebag and some samples after the shows :ally:

In Turkey I can get 30mls of Argan oil for like 3 euros - a similar sized Moroccanoil product is being sold for 60 euros :alsemanche: Their packaging is very nice though ig :volantis:

calmar

Let's celebrate last year's unproblematic, smooth-operating, kumbaya 2024 Eurovision with a nice video.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない
  • Like 2

• Dutch changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2025 in Basel, Switzerland