event

Eurovision Song Contest 2025 in Basel, Switzerland

Dutch

Featured Posts

SwissMonster
5 hours ago, Max said:

Zurich probably scrambling right now on how to fund it 

Well I guess there is a reason why they didn’t show interest yet and others did?

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, Okinawa said:

I agree with you. Basel has the potential to host the ESC. The St. Jakobshalle is located in Münchenstein, and therefore strictly speaking it's Zürich vs Münchenstein. However, I think that the border location of Basel is unfortunately a counter-argument, why? Switzerland naturally wants to benefit financially from the ESC. Hosting the ESC is a financial cost (minus), while the promo effects result in tourism which is a financial plus. So Switzerland wants to maximize the plus. If it were hosted in Basel-Münchenstein, many people would stay overnight in France and Lörrach because Basel is expensive, but FR and DE are cheaper and almost as close. This would deprive Switzerland of financial income expected from ESC tourist income, while leaving it with the cost of hosting.  The advantage of Zürich would be that Switzerland would not have to share its income with neighbouring countries. Only Zürich and Bern fulfil this requirement. Even with Geneva, a lot of ESC tourism revenue would be lost to France because Geneva is surrounded by three sides by France. Let's remember how Switzerland will be placing its nuclear waste repository at Rhein Hohentengen on the German border to minimize radioactive radiation on Swiss territory and outsourcing potential radioacitivity to Germany, like in case of terror attacks.  According to this logic of "negatives at the border", "positives within", Zürich and Bern would have better chances. Bern could be considered because it is in the same canton where Nemo was born and lived, but it does not have an arena as suitable as Basel or Zürich. I wouldn't be against it taking place in Basel, not everything should take place in Zürich. It's great how decentralised Switzerland is. But I think Zurich will do it.

Let's not forget how many shopping centres were built in Lörrach and Weil am Rhein and how Baseler are flocking there for cheaper shopping. If the ESC was hosted in Münchenstein, people would buy things on the weekend on the German side.

atrium-1.jpg

Switzerland values money the most and therefore it will prefer to keep the money to itself in Zürich, imo. Indeed, EBU is in Geneva, but SRFs (largest Swiss TV) headquarter is in Zürich (and it is co-hosted by ESC+SRF (most important part of SRG)).

Yeah thats definitely a point to keep in mind. But I am pretty sure that there aren’t that many hotels in the surrounding, very small french and german, cities to really make that difference. Especially since I think costs will also be less expensive in Basel then in Zürich. But yeah its a valid point I guess we will see. 
And yeah Bern would make sense because of Neme but it doesn’t have a fitting Arena since the roof is some kind of open/glass roof. 

• Like 1

SwissMonster
Posted (edited)

Well, speaking of host city…

SEPTEMBER??? You’ve got to be kidding me??? :air:

Edited by SwissMonster

SwissMonster

Monarch!!

• YAAAS 2

River

@SwissMonster off topic, can you tell me why there are dolls at the windows of some houses/apartments since the carnival? it's creepy at night :air:

I also noticed that when a new baby is born, there is a cute sign next to the building with the baby name and the birth date, I find it cute to announce it like that :laughga:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

SwissMonster
18 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Well, speaking of host city…

SEPTEMBER??? You’ve got to be kidding me??? :air:

I just checked and Malmö was literally announced in July?? September is super late no?

• Shook 1

SwissMonster
8 minutes ago, River said:

@SwissMonster off topic, can you tell me why there are dolls at the windows of some houses/apartments since the carnival? it's creepy at night :air:

I also noticed that when a new baby is born, there is a cute sign next to the building with the baby name and the birth date, I find it cute to announce it like that :laughga:

Nnn yeah Basel is a big Carnival city, thats like the biggest tradition here. I never really noticed that it was that present tho lmao

Yess thats such a cute tradition. When I was Born my Granpa made a Stork out of wood with my name and birthday on it too :giveup:

• Love 1

River
Just now, SwissMonster said:

Nnn yeah Basel is a big Carnival city, thats like the biggest tradition here. I never really noticed that it was that present tho lmao

Yess thats such a cute tradition. When I was Born my Granpa made a Stork out of wood with my name and birthday on it too :giveup:

OMG THAT'S SO CUTE :giveup:

There is a house on the street with these creepy dolls and every night when I walk with my dog, I'm like so scared, the f-ckers moves them on purpose too I'm sure of it :air:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 1

TMM90
On 5/12/2024 at 6:35 PM, POPANEINONEONE said:

#joostkleinforeurovision2025

Or not participating at all!

Dennis
Posted (edited)

Interesting how Switzerland kinda undeperformed with the public vote? Because the song and the performance are objectively good.

I wonder if the fact they're non-binary contributed to that.

I would imagine that Eurovision audience is mostly LGBTQ+ friendly. Do straights actually watch it lol?

Edited by Dennis

PartySick
4 minutes ago, Dennis said:

I would imagine that Eurovision audience is mostly LGBTQ+ friendly. Do straights actually watch it lol?

Well I watched it and I'm straight :vegas:

• LMAO 2

Dennis
Posted (edited)

So the government of Bern already rejected hosting?

"Schweizer has been consistently winning for years at the #corrupt #ESC. This year was also marked by terrible violent incidents involving police interventions and was labeled #antisemitic. And the otherwise oh so 'critical' @Tamedia papers? They no longer care. 👉 ESC: Stay away from Bern!"

I hope the political drama doesn't ruin the next edition too :enigma:

Edited by Dennis

Dennis
Just now, PartySick said:

Well I watched it and I'm straight :vegas:

we have straights on GGD?

PartySick
Just now, Dennis said:

we have straights on GGD?

I'm 100% straight, just ask @Flippy :vegas:

• LMAO 2

• Dutch changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2025 in Basel, Switzerland