CyanDante

"Open The Schools" is such a goddamn god tier read for her fans :billie:

LIVING :ladyhaha:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

Pandauralife
6 hours ago, manyatyau said:

I really like the album. I imagine a broken hearted lady standing in the library trying to find words to express the sadness. This is a album I would want after folklore and evermore. People need to really sit down in peace to listen to it. Same as people saying folklore was a snooze fest when it was released at first. Dig into the album again with some lemon tek. No measurement needed. 

Agreed. I really wasn't vibing with it upon first listen.

Princess Aurora

That's too harsh lol I thought the album was cute. The open the schools line sent me

Edited by Princess Aurora
❀⋆Once Upon A Dream⋆❀

Chromatography

i hope people realize they don’t have bylines very rarely. and normally it’s like political stuff. swifties are so beyond crazy that they’re literally a threat 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Quentin

Who are they even...

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

Sarah H

Quite harsh, but I will never understand the insanely huge fuss over Taylor Swift. I just don't get it, at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NewYorkGirl

Well it’s about time everyone pulls their head out of her mediocre bleached asshole. 

My. Lawyer. Liked. That.
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 2

Ladle Ghoulash
1 hour ago, NewYorkGirl said:

Well it’s about time everyone pulls their head out of her mediocre bleached asshole. 

In all fairness, Taylor’s asshole is probably not bleached. But otherwise, I absolutely agreed.

• LMAO 3

Ziggy

Honestly it’s deserved. The review is VERY fair tbh. She has a lot of talent. She can make great music. She clearly phoned it in hard and honestly this was an insulting listen bc of that. I really tried going in open minded but it felt like a comb on my brain with those dank drab synths. It’s an album reaching for inspiration imo. Like where is the girl painting PICTURES on speak now? This was all just vaguely gesturing at vibes rehashing overdone petty arguments that were never that deep anyway, and then trying to find something to say. A lot of tracks to say so little. Like this felt like a waste of my time and I say this as someone who has always given her music a shot.

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 1

Ziggy
9 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

Look, it isn't her best work and I do find it cringy and boring, but this review is being way too negative, the album isn't that bad...

Also, why are people on this site so hellbent on telling everyone they don't like her, or that her lyrics suck, or she's overrated? If you don't like her, no one is forcing you to listen to her or click on these Taylor Swift threads :trollga:

And some of ya'll clearly haven't listened to her albums from Fearless to Folklore and it shows :giggle:

I think they went hard bc honestly she sets up an apparatus where you can’t speak ill of her in their profession for fear of your wellbeing. That’s sick. And this album is way too insultingly mid for that. If you’re going to encourage psychotic harassment you gotta come through on the material and she didn’t. Personally, I welcome a hit back at all that energy.

to be clear I love speak now and parts of fearless so I’m not a hater lmao but the energy around her is very very rancid these days

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 2

Agunimon

I am not sure how they ranked this album lower than Loser (which they ranked a far too high score of 5.8). Truly a stain on her discography and I think this far exceeds Lover.

RenegAde
11 hours ago, manyatyau said:

imagine a broken hearted lady standing in the library trying to find words to express the sadness.

This is literally her last 4 albums. Infact her entire catalogue.

• Thanks 2

Edonis
26 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Honestly it’s deserved. The review is VERY fair tbh. She has a lot of talent. She can make great music. She clearly phoned it in hard and honestly this was an insulting listen bc of that. I really tried going in open minded but it felt like a comb on my brain with those dank drab synths. It’s an album reaching for inspiration imo. Like where is the girl painting PICTURES on speak now? This was all just vaguely gesturing at vibes rehashing overdone petty arguments that were never that deep anyway, and then trying to find something to say. A lot of tracks to say so little. Like this felt like a waste of my time and I say this as someone who has always given her music a shot.

The synth read really resonated with me. How you turn one of the most emotional forms of electronic music (that has such a rich history and importance in the art) to something as soulless and hollow is beyond me. And she's done it several times now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Edonis
4 hours ago, Chromatography said:

i hope people realize they don’t have bylines very rarely. and normally it’s like political stuff. swifties are so beyond crazy that they’re literally a threat 

I wish more people were talking about that part. I have never heard of a review publication having to do that unless something serious happened. Really eye-opening to see the dark side of that fan base. 

Spoiler

At the same time, if you've spent even 5 minutes on Twitter, you know it isn't all that shocking! :bear: