💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is LG7 a bit of a make or break for Gaga?

Mr S

Featured Posts

AndiGaga

Please keep in mind that Chromatica was intened to be MUCH bigger

But it was safe af. Tbh I dont listen to Chromatica that much, just Stupid Love and Replay have special place in my heart

ROM is a banger and the era needed this guaranteed hit but its no life changing song for me, i prefer SL

• Like 3

Starmie25

I too am missing her music side especially in pop, but that said it'll always be a part of her brand no matter what she does next in future.

Gaga has solidified herself as a rare chameleon in the music biz and won't just fade out whether LG7 smashes or not. You know it's true.

I think we as fans over analyse this tad too much tbh. 

Very excited though for LG7!! I'm glad she's feeling creatively inspired again.

• YAAAS 2

StrawberryBlond

Wild to see how many of you here are saying she'll essentially be done if this album isn't a major hit. She's solidified and she's for sure still got more hits in her. Age is viewed differently these days and her public image is the best its ever been. If Beyonce can still get #1's in her 40's and still have interest in her years between albums these days (6 years between Lemonade and Renaissance) and Rihanna still has fans hoping she'll release music even though she's devoted herself to makeup for 8+ years now, I think Gaga can still have success after 4 years or so since her last album. And she can totally act and still make music, many artists have done it. I'm surprised so many of you are underestimating her. Why do you choose to be on this forum if you don't have the confidence in her abilities? I find it pretty sad how Gaga once had one of the most supportive fanbases and now we can't even be super hyped for her next album. And we wonder why other artists are smashing and we aren't quite hitting the same level? :traumatica:

• Like 17
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Naak Le Vaar
2 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

I've been saying this, it absolutely is essential to her musical legacy, particularly for this decade 2020-2030. 

As someone who believes she should be in the same lane as today's modern day supremes (Bey and Tay), it is very frustrating to watch her take a back seat for so long and allow her voice to be so absent from musical pop culture. 

I fully agree it's a make or break - and I hate to admit sometimes I feel like she has already waited too long.

If she comes back FULL SWING, she can do it. But right now I can't believe it's nearing the end of April and we still don't have any real info. 

We need a BTW level era to bring us back.

This makes too much sense. So naturally Gagas gonna ignore LG7 and push for her jazz show and makeup until Joker drops and then go radio silent for the next year :enigma:

Lmao they blocked my signature
  • LMAO 1

NATAH

saying it's make or break is very dramatic but i will say, she needs to put the effort in to keep the core fanbase entertained and supportive

she has the money, the connections and the talent to give us something brilliant so there's next to no excuse other than her disability

hearing her say she's feeling inspired and enjoying creating is optimistic though, i don't remember her saying such things in the lead up to chromatica!!

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

rinasawachanta

While it is true that the next album is an opportunity that Gaga should not miss, I also don't think it necessarily implies the possibility of breaking with everything she has built so far. I read out there that "Beyoncé despite her age is still getting #1s".... Yes, maybe that's true, but for the US exclusively. I don't think Gaga's situation is comparable. Regardless of how many #1s she reaps, or how many or few streams her albums get, Gaga is still a star internationally. Outside of the US, there are few celebrities whose talent and star-quality are as unanimously recognized as Gaga's is. Of course it would be nice, and I hope, that she does very well with the next album, but above all I want it to be a GOOD album musically, and more adventurous than Chromatica. Many fans might abandon her, yes, but I don't think that the risk at stake is really that big.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

FreedomInTheMusic

I can’t help but feel that many of the feelings in this thread are probably exacerbated by the (somewhat amazing) success of Taylor and Beyoncé in the last two years. There’s a hunger for a 2nd imperial phase, which makes sense for a LG fan site. We love her and want her to be as big and popular as possible. That said, I just don’t see her as striving for those Tay/Bey levels of exposure right now, and I sort of think that’s ok. I don’t think she needs an Eras- level tour for her legacy to continue to grow. I’m confident it will continue to grow with Joker 2, LG7, and beyond, but I’m also sure her trajectory will look different than her peers. She’s frankly more creatively stretched than her peers, so her path of success will be different. And that’s ok.

And on a purely personal note, I’m still really enjoying everything she’s putting out. I have my small criticisms here and there, but by and large, she remains an absolutely captivating star with unbridled talent. I’m so excited to see what the future holds for her, and I’m ok if it takes time to see how that pans out. 

• Like 6
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

WhiteWitch

I mean this as a general question and not directed at anyone, but is that level of “success” even what Gaga wants? What does success look like for her?

I mean look at the bad in addition to the good that Bey and Tay deal with. We criticize a lot of decisions and express frustration at what could be, but sometimes I feel like we forget to ask what is best for Gaga. She has been clear that she struggles with mental health, we’ve seen that struggle viscerally on camera. It’s very plausible that she doesn’t want that level of fame, or what it comes with. I picked up on that resentment of fame a lot in ASIB and her more reserved interaction. I also think it’s important for us to ask ourselves if our love and support of an artist is contingent on that level of performance and notoriety, or if it would be better for the mental health of those artists, as well as our own, to curb our expectations and just enjoy the ride.

Its very hard to see how quickly fans arguably overreact to situations without detailed information, and how extreme our emotions swing from elation to disdain based on our individual experiences and expectations when these artists don’t know who we are as individuals. We’ve over personalized this to a detriment to everyone when it really is much easier to just like what we each like, let others like what they like, and enjoy what art we do get or decide it didn’t click for us. Sometimes it seems like we argue just to feel heard or just to argue and that’s honestly not fun for anyone or a community. Criticism is certainly fair of course. Nurtec is a prime example. 

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Stephen

I just think it's funny how some fans view her as someone who wants to be a Bey/Taylor in terms of pop music when I think she's made it very clear over several years now, that her career intentions are different. She has shaped an incredible lane for herself that no one else can claim. Too many fans view her acting or jazz as side projects when in reality these are pillars of her post-ARTPOP career. She's a different artist now. She's not going to suddenly jump back into being the "it girl" of the radio, hot 100, having hit and after hit after hit for 2 years or something. She's going to film another movie, she's going to continue singing Jazz, she'll have another Haus Labs campaign, and yes she'll have another album. But the expectation needs to be adjusted. Her being a multifaceted icon is actually what makes her more unique and interesting than Bey or Taylor. :shrug: This distinction should be viewed as a strength instead of a weakness that's somehow holding her back from chart dominance. She's doing what she wants, and it might not be what you want and that's okay.

tumblr_pnppuyTxnI1r8j1j3o1_400.gif

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 4

Caothan Mcbride

Yous are all diluded saying she’ll be remembered as an actress , Gaga changed pop culture and artists who grow up listening to her she’ll be remembered as a pop icon 

• YAAAS 2

JustAnotherGayASMR

She is already an icon & won't be going anywhere any time soon. Even after she becomes Princess Die people will speak very highly of her. Would it be nice for her to have a massive GP era, sure but that's not what I'm here for. I just want her to be happy & I'll enjoy whatever dish she chooses to serve. Let's not forget that she wanted to be an actress before she wanted to be a singer so are we really surprised that she is making such strides in that field.

Chromatica was honestly a musical masterpiece, no ifs or buts. I got the sense that each song was interconnected & told a story from start to finish about her journey with love. The orchestral interludes, genius. 911, arguably Gaga's best music video to date. She took a step back from pushing the album due to the pandemic, safety first & I can't argue with that.

Joanne was a more personal album. An album for her, family, friends & fans in my eyes. Didn't need to be a massive GP hit. It did what it needed to do :oops:

ARTPOP yeah there were a few misses in terms of undelivered promises but I loved it for what it was: experimental, rebellious & fun. Second best Gaga album after Chromatica for me. In keeping with ARTPOP, stop the drama, start the music.

After all it's just another gay x https://www.youtube.com/@JustAnotherGayASMR
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Ultimecia

Yes it will be a make or break, and it has nothing to do with charts or success.

If LG7 isn't "great", then I will be done expecting great things from her music.

I'll still be here as a casual fan, but if she does not want to be an Artist with a capital "A" anymore, then so be it.

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Borisapillar

Gaga just doesn’t have the eye of the tiger for pop music like that anymore.

WhiteWitch
3 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

I've been saying this, it absolutely is essential to her musical legacy, particularly for this decade 2020-2030. 

As someone who believes she should be in the same lane as today's modern day supremes (Bey and Tay), it is very frustrating to watch her take a back seat for so long and allow her voice to be so absent from musical pop culture. 

I fully agree it's a make or break - and I hate to admit sometimes I feel like she has already waited too long.

If she comes back FULL SWING, she can do it. But right now I can't believe it's nearing the end of April and we still don't have any real info. 

We need a BTW level era to bring us back.

Gaga literally broke her hip because she overworked herself during BTW. I don’t think it’s reasonable for anyone to expect what Gaga did during BTW from anyone. She went so hard she couldn’t even finish that era. Same with ARTPOP. Gaga has clearly set boundaries for herself that should be respected. 

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1