💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

The Tortured Poets Department Leaks

HelloHangoverz

Featured Posts

Rocketno10

I do like the first half in the initial listen! But second half is where it loses me to be honest, the production is kind one note so it didn’t help that it has 17 songs, lyricisms I need more time and actual lyrics  to comment on but there’s some that makes me feel like she just writing it for the sake of writing it… so far, I think it’s an 6.5/10 album for me idk maybe it will grow on me(it probably will), but I’m not gonna listen to it anymore before the official release, gonna go into it again on Friday just to see if sometime apart will do this album any good.

ObezyankaNol
12 minutes ago, Bi Rain said:

I'm not gonna listen to it till it releases. But ngl all the negative comments I've seen about it(not just on here) scare me :deadbanana:

GGD hates Taylor, don't let them scare you :yennefer:

Не верь, не бойся, не проси
  • Like 4

Bronco
18 minutes ago, Bi Rain said:

I'm not gonna listen to it till it releases. But ngl all the negative comments I've seen about it(not just on here) scare me :deadbanana:

It's not her best album, but if you've enjoyed Folklore/Evermore/Midnights you'll enjoy TTPD. 

Jack's production is definitely stale at this point though. The tracks Florence is involved with are significantly better.

• Like 2

Micmaky
7 minutes ago, ObezyankaNol said:

It’s kinda getting the same reaction in atrl, Reddit, Twitter.

side note but that fortnight ai song that leaked built up hopes it was going to be a sexy synthy album and instead we got a snooze fest with bland production (I’ve only heard a few songs)

• Thanks 3

Trigger

I listened to the leak. I actually love it! I’m just a casual listener when it comes to Taylor but I like the Midnights sound so I guess I was in luck. I’ll be honest, I listen to Taylor for this kind of music. I wasn’t expecting anything cutting edge. :laughga:

• Like 2

BoomBig

For people who haven't heard the album yet - don't let other people's opinions ruin the experience. It's up to you to decide for yourself whether you like the album or not.

Where am I going with this? Yes, the opinions of the fans will be subjective, very much so. However, the opinions of people who listened to the album before the release of as of right now are also strongly subjective. :awkney:

• Like 7
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2

CyanDante

Omg its horrible :enigma: Well I guess I only like 2-3 tracks from Midnight, so a rejects album isn't going to be my cup of tea.

Good for swifties, for the ones who can enjoy this sort of monotonous pretentious stuff.

Maybe she called it Tortured Poets because the people listening to it would be 'Tortured Listeners' :franminervini:

Her mind, omg :giveup:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 4

lavender blonde

I'm huge swiftie and there's my thoughts after one listen:

1) Songs lack strong, catchy chorus. I don't see a smash hit among these songs.

2) She NEEDS to ditch Jack. The production is very bland and unexciting

3) Am I the only one who kinda got worried about her after listening to these lyrics? She talks being "functioning alcoholic", SO MANY drugs references and hospitalization. If these lyrics reflect what's going on in her mind, this girl really needs a break... :saladga:

4) I also find it funny how male-centered this woman is. She wanted to marry Joe, he is the "loss of her life", then she wants to marry Matty and "have his baby" :fatcat:, he swears he will kill himself if she ever leaves (they were together for a month), then in "Alchemy" she sings about Travis and how love like this "happens only once in few lifetimes" girl pleaseeee :lmao: are these people normal?

5) The album overall isn't bad but it's also not wondeful either. Maybe it'll grow on me :oops:

6) Title track and I Can Do It With Broken Heart are so cringe that I couldn't believe she actually wrote something like this...

• Like 1

monketsharona

Her releases starts to sounds exactly the same and you can tell they milk too much than necessary the collab with Antonoff... This plus the fact she's not taking enough time to explore new grounds...

Not a hater, but I actually miss her trying new stuff and taking time to make good pop records

• Like 2

Chesescake

Holy shiet guys the rating on rateyourmusic just dropped to 2.05 out of 5!
It's her worst rated album so far!

I haven't listened to the album yet the parade had already turned into a whole carnival :messga:

Edited by Chesescake
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
  • Shook 4

holy scheisse

Ehhhhh. I snored through Cowboy Carter and yall praised tf out of it so, i'm (radically) optimistic that maybe you are all just seething haters and it wont be too bad to my ~basic~ taste:selena:

• LMAO 2

Edonis
2 hours ago, ObezyankaNol said:

it's not just GGD ripping this album to shreds though :bear:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

ChicaSkas
2 hours ago, ObezyankaNol said:

I love her, I've given her far too much $$$.

Honestly though, she's a grower, not a shower. 

So I'm sure eventually my opinion after 2 listens will change. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Like 1

Ororo Munroe

imo Taylor's biggest problem is that she has nothing to say at this point, it's not Jack's fault she keeps reusing the same melodies, topics, sentiments over and over again (but he still needs to go lmao)

there's so many topics she could cover on her records like fame, sisterhood, family, social issues etc 

but why bother if your fanbase will eat up everything you put out and bully anyone who dares to critise you lol 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 5
  • Shook 1

Decodekid

Her fans are way too good at hiding stuff I’ve been scrolling for ages and nothing, just trolling :traumatica:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

• HausOfMark locked this topic