Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

The Tortured Poets Department Leaks

HelloHangoverz

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash
20 minutes ago, Lextyr97 said:

Girl sure she has her cringy songs, but have you heard Folklore? Cause abysmal the lyrics are not. Absolutely not

Eh, the lyrics on that album are overhyped. It’s giving 10th grade creative writing teas 

• Thanks 4

BlingNotTheMusic
18 minutes ago, Lextyr97 said:

Girl sure she has her cringy songs, but have you heard Folklore? Cause abysmal the lyrics are not. Absolutely not

I've given all of her albums a listen, and while folklore/evermore were a step in the right direction, it still feels elementary and spoonfed. Sure, she's a good songwriter. But vocally she's mid and lyrically...there's rarely substance, nuance, or anything groundbreaking or original.

My whole thing with her is there are thousands of unknown female singer/songwriters that you could check out at a local open mic night, that have more talent vocally and interesting artistry.

• Like 10
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Ladle Ghoulash
Just now, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I've given all of her albums a listen, and while folklore/evermore were a step in the right direction, it still feels elementary and spoonfed. Sure, she's a good songwriter. But vocally she's mid and lyrically...there's rarely substance, nuance, or anything groundbreaking or original.

My whole thing with her is there are thousands of unknown female singer/songwriters that you could check out at a local open mic night, that have more talent vocally and interesting artistry.

This is exactly it 

• Like 6
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

Plastic Flower

That was boring. Uneventful. :traumatica: I wanted to like this record but this would've could've should've stayed in the vault.

Drop it

Gorehound
2 hours ago, homomo said:

What a snooze fest. How is she still popular when she’s doing the same thing over and over for the past 4 years?

1 hour ago, ModernEcstasy said:

Doesn’t matter how mediocre people are finding it. 
It will still be number one on the chart for weeks 

Because the GP generally have appalling tastes in music, and will commonly always gravitate towards vanilla over anything different or daring. And that, unfortunately, is where the money is. 

I'm fine, Ta
  • Thanks 1

Dr Fudge

I’m a Taylor fan and almost through my second listen. It’s gonna be a hard listen for the GP. There are definitely a couple of solid tracks but too many lack a strong chorus to make them memorable. I honestly have no idea what the lead single will be.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.
  • Shook 1

Rat Boy

Wait almost no positive comments on this thread? :deadbanana:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB
  • YAAAS 4

homomo
8 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

Because the GP generally have appalling tastes in music, and will commonly always gravitate towards vanilla over anything different or daring. And that, unfortunately, is where the money is. 

Dula Peep and Katy could never :bradley:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Schizophonic

So the groundbreaking most successful album in the past 20 years isn’t even good?

• LMAO 1

BlingNotTheMusic
10 minutes ago, Dr Fudge said:

I’m a Taylor fan and almost through my second listen. It’s gonna be a hard listen for the GP. There are definitely a couple of solid tracks but too many lack a strong chorus to make them memorable. I honestly have no idea what the lead single will be.

not The Forgettable Poets Department :ororomunroe:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1

Ladle Ghoulash
5 hours ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

not The Forgettable Poets Department :ororomunroe:

The Amnesiatic Poets Department for Tattooed Golden Retrievers, Sexy Babies, and Monsters on the Hill

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • LMAO 6

olive specter

"i'm so depressed i act like it's my birthday everyyydaaay :D"

13th track was the worst

• LMAO 2

Ladle Ghoulash

@ProfessionalClown list of contemporary female singer songwriters who consistently write TSwift under the table: Brandi Carlile, Adrianne Lenker, Weyes Blood, Lana del Rey, Gillian Welch, Julie Byrne, Florence Welch, Phoebe Bridgers, Julien Baker, Regina Spektor, Sara Bareilles, Billie Eilish, Sharon Van Etten, Joanna Newsom, Annie Clarke, Angel Olsen, the HAIM sisters, Marina Diamandis…

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

• HausOfMark locked this topic