Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Dua Lipa’s 'Illusion' is predicted to debut at #43 on the Hot 100

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 9
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 10

MingersPrayer

Why is this era not popping? Genuine question. Is it quality of songs or promotion or something else?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

thatfoxyfeeling

I'm genuinely curious if the consensus on the internet is that this is Dua's 'flop' era? I still remember the hate towards Gaga during 'ARTFLOP' and yet there's so many artists since that have had far worse eras.

• Thanks 1

StarstruckIllusion

not this radical floptimism :smh:

• LMAO 12

GAGASEXUAL
20 minutes ago, MingersPrayer said:

Why is this era not popping? Genuine question. Is it quality of songs or promotion or something else?

They marketed her new album as "experimental, out of her safe zone etc." and it sounds like a Future Nostalgia outtake so far. Also, Dua is serving in her live performances, music videos etc. but she looks distant from her fans and it all feels artificial. Warner tried to make her their Taylor Swift but they failed miserably because it doesn't feel intimate. People lost their sympathy for Dua. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Red
42 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

I'm genuinely curious if the consensus on the internet is that this is Dua's 'flop' era? I still remember the hate towards Gaga during 'ARTFLOP' and yet there's so many artists since that have had far worse eras.

ARTPOP was far from a flop in absolute numbers but it was a letdown for a Lady Gaga album so that's why people perceive it as a flop. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Bradley
41 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

I personally am into the singles but they are radically... safe. She's not taking any risks. Visually too, she's relying on no concept other than sex appeal, which was fun at first but this is a third era we're talking about.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Chesescake
49 minutes ago, MingersPrayer said:

Houdini dropped the month before Christmas season (still performed pretty well though.)
Training Season got some nice live with a boring music video. 
Illusion sounds like a less passionate Kylie Minogue tribute, but we can wait and see.
They want to replicate FN success.

And the truth be told, nobody beside us cares what she says about "experimental bold yada yada". Even if she puts out another disco banger, as long as it's an banger, there will be stream. But Houdini and Training Season are both slow burners.
And I think people just don't dig into the singles that much.

Edited by Chesescake
  • Like 4

Cpeer

I love the first two singles, but I see why it’s flopping. Every song is too polished,crafted pop song. Nothing that will stand out. And everything I see about her on social media are either clips from music videos or clips from performances 

• Like 2

Red

The gee pee is ruthless with unestablished artists, one album you own the charts, next album you're nobody. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1

Didymus

I feel like she's probably fine. Her always kinda similar sounding music's just been so massively and non-stop overexposed these last four years that it probably reached the point of killing any salient public curiosity about what she's gonna do next.

Dance the Night was probably enough of a (boring but still amazing) serve to justify laying low for a few more months before promoting yet another big stretch of public domination. Even though her album was released four friggin' years ago, it doesn't feel at all like we've been able to take a breath, at least for me. That wears out after a while.

• Like 2

holy scheisse

something i'm noticing is that all her songs are about lovers and its kinda boring. i know it's an incredibly common and normal pop music topic but would be nice for them to make songs that have something different to say than just always being love songs/heartbreak songs ...

also for the album being called radical optimism.... all the songs so far seem to have this scorned/skeptical attitude to them too which is odd hmmm

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Bradley

Also, how original can 'dance all night' be? Her Barbie song was Dance the Night. FN is fundamentally built on the themes of dancing all night, and in Illusion, we hear once again the refrain of 'dance all night'.

At this point, is it not at all obvious to Dua's team what's wrong?

Edited by Bradley
  • Thanks 2

Concertaholic

Illusion is literally the catchiest song out of the three singles, I wish people would give it a chance. I’ve been playing it on repeat since it came out :lolly:

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 3

King of the Fall

Again, Dua Lipa is not that popular of an artist in the United States, FN gave people the illusion she was. A debut in the top 60 is to be expected for a third single at this point.

I am more interested to see what happens with it in the UK

• Like 4

• Teletubby changed the title to Dua Lipa’s 'Illusion' is predicted to debut at #43 on the Hot 100