💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana and Gwen Stefani chose to wear Dolce & Gabbana at Coachella

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Gwen.png

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Sad 2

Roughhouse Dandy

Disappointing

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 1

Red

I thought D&G had threatened them at gunpoint

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 3

hieronymus
15 minutes ago, YuriG said:

wait isn't this brand a little problematic?

They'd practically fill out a problematic bingo card, yeah

• Like 2

Westerosi

They're despicable but remember, they are a massive corporate fashion house.

Chances are the person who sketched/designed the look have nothing to do with D&G themselves other tha liscening the look.

While I will never pay them another penny (heart-broken because I loved their clothes) let's give Lana a chance to comment before we know for sure that she's even aware of ther scandals.

I'm disgusted by the rhetoric of cancel culture demonising and condemning people without knowing the full story. "She chose to wear it" is such a b*tchy, judgemental statement to make.

Edited by Westerosi
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

SOON
3 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

I'm disgusted by the rhetoric of cancel culture demonising and condemning people without knowing the full story. "She chose to wear it" is such a b*tchy, judgemental statement to make.

Gurl I love Lana too but let's be real. She probably knows what she is wearing and totally clueless about why it's problematic. Which also makes her a little bit problematic

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua
  • Like 5

sarcamstic

can we just stop expecting celebrity multi millionaires to actually gaf about boycotted/cancelled brands? it clearly always leads to disappointment :huntyga:

5 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

Chances are the person who sketched/designed the look have nothing to do with D&G themselves other than licensing the look.

also this ^^ is probably very much the case with the coachella outfits.

flying like 1000 birds
  • Like 3

Westerosi
21 minutes ago, SOON said:

Gurl I love Lana too but let's be real. She probably knows what she is wearing and totally clueless about why it's problematic. Which also makes her a little bit problematic

This isn't about my love for Lana. It's about my disgust for cancel culture.

If you wanna be real let's do it.

What are you wearing right now? Is it sustainable? Do you know exactly where it comes from? Is there a high chance it was made by a sweatshop worker for pennies on the dollar? How many carbon emissions did it take to make it? Is it dyed with any chemicals that are toxic to aquatic life? Is it recyclable?

Problematic is a wide term and can be applied to almost anything. So a designer who got their break working for D&G custom made a Coachella outfit for a singer. Great. Call me when she's hit somebody with a car, directly been homophobic, or plagiarises another artists' material.

It makes me so frustrated watching Twitter selectively criticise (mostly females) for mundane choices with little consequence, while literally putting money in the pockets of child pr*dators and thieves. 

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 9
  • LMAO 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 8

YoungWildCanadian

Gwen’s first outfit was 🤩🤩🤩 the Dolce was <

YoungWildCanadian
  • Thanks 1

BUtterfield 8

Are they the ones who called babies conceived through IVF “synthetic babies”?

• Like 1

SOON
45 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

What are you wearing right now? Is it sustainable? Do you know exactly where it comes from? Is there a high chance it was made by a sweatshop worker for pennies on the dollar? How many carbon emissions did it take to make it? Is it dyed with any chemicals that are toxic to aquatic life? Is it recyclable?

IT'S NOT ABOUT ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES! It's a bout racism and homophobia. I'm not talking about sustainability here damn

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

Westerosi
25 minutes ago, SOON said:

IT'S NOT ABOUT ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES! It's a bout racism and homophobia. I'm not talking about sustainability here damn

That wasn't the point I was making. :')

It's about the word problematic and what we apply it to, and how selectively we choose to do so.

I'm pointing how you hold the opinion that her garment is unethical while most likely you're sitting in clothes that are arguably a ton more "problematic."

Lana Del Rey is not a racist or a homophobe. The project manager who commissioned the look most likely isn't either. Nor the designer. Nor the fabric makers.

People are so quick to jump at the chance at condemning a celebrity that they forget to hold their own choices up to the same merciless light.

Edited by Westerosi
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

hieronymus
1 hour ago, Westerosi said:

That wasn't the point I was making. :')

It's about the word problematic and what we apply it to, and how selectively we choose to do so.

I'm pointing how you hold the opinion that her garment is unethical while most likely you're sitting in clothes that are arguably a ton more "problematic."

Lana Del Rey is not a racist or a homophobe. The project manager who commissioned the look most likely isn't either. Nor the designer. Nor the fabric makers.

People are so quick to jump at the chance at condemning a celebrity that they forget to hold their own choices up to the same merciless light.

There's a massive difference between common people in a highly capitalist society buying unethically-made clothing out of necessity because they can't afford ethically-made clothes and millionaires buying clothes from luxury brands headed by outspokenly horrible people just because their ignorant stylist thinks it's a slay or whatever.

Also if you're upset with how people on Twitter talk about people, talk to those people about it. Don't bring your baggage here and blame other people for things they haven't said.

Edited by hieronymus
  • Thanks 1

HotLikeMexico

Both are trash so it checks out. 

Edited by HotLikeMexico