Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry's next album is very bright and joyful

Teletubby

Featured Posts

HIM820
38 minutes ago, steven said:

If she plays her cards well, I think she could win the GP back this time and have a successful comeback. 

It’s already started even without music. Her Coachella looks have gotten her attention. I see tons of tweets about her black hair (“we’re so back”) and she’s literally had it for over a year now. Cute appearances would be a good strategy to try and remind people why they miss her. 

Edited by HIM820
  • Like 1

RenegAde

If I had listened to yall i wouldn't have given my self the opportunity to enjoy smile as much as I did

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Noah

People are really so negative here... if you actually listened to Smile or Witness, you'd realize they're both about trying to heal or ignoring pain/suffering. Of course, there are a few bops here and there, but the subject matter is quite depressing. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Like 10

ChavaWM

As much as she's annoying, why are people complaining about her saying her new album is joyful? Why can't she be happy in her life and want to share that? How many depressing Gaga albums have we gotten? All of them 

• Like 4

Delulu Rogers

I think this album will do a lot better than smile. She just needs a proper role out 

• Like 3

Battle 4 Ur Life

it’s so pun intended shallow of lms to expect Katy to slip and fall on her ass or her face. mean. SOME people are just bitter and negative towards anyone.

I sincerely hope she smashes because this is obviously a good thing on a bigger scale of pop music being back mainstream 

edit: AND SHE’S KATY PERRY. she doesn’t need to prove anyone either she’s hot or cool

Edited by Battle 4 Ur Life
"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."
  • Like 3

Nycboy

I remember when KP once promised an album with a darker sound, but then one day nonchalantly claimed she “let the light in” and released Prism. 

Ever since then I’ve been so jaded about marketing lingo about most albums. It’s all phony BS, usually a flimsy theme tying random songs together (ie Radical Optimism), and it sounds like it’s never actually the vision of the artist. Kinda makes me sad. I love when an artist actually commits to a vision. 

• Like 1

Didymus
Just now, Nycboy said:

I remember when KP once promised an album with a darker sound, but then one day nonchalantly claimed she “let the light in” and released Prism. 

Ever since then I’ve been so jaded about marketing lingo about most albums. It’s all phony BS, usually a flimsy theme tying random songs together (ie Radical Optimism), and it sounds like it’s never actually the vision of the artist. Kinda makes me sad. I love when an artist actually commits to a vision. 

Then pop is just not your genre lol.

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

olive specter
1 hour ago, Reject False Icons said:

dance dark and electronic like witness

witness was dark?

Controversiaga

Smile ACT II

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Lucas

I'll definitely give it a listen. Let's hope she'll SERVE and will have BUDGET because Smile was truly a joke lol

Nycboy
8 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Then pop is just not your genre lol.

No, actually I love pop. I just think it shouldn’t be that hard to market an album well and create a cohesive product but lots of times the messaging fails. Successful examples are: melodrama, renaissance, anything by Lana, BTW, Jessie Ware, desire by Caroline, Thank u Next, etc. Those albums are intentional outputs by artists, centered around a core theme, and the messaging matched the product/wasn’t messy. 

• Like 1

wolfga

It would be funny if it weren't so sad

Blame it on the doctor He went and took a bite of my heart but it brought me to life

bionic

she knew that jojo siwa has currently got purposeful pop on lock

buy bionic
  • LMAO 1