💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Blur’s Damon Albarn tells Coachella crowd it's “probably our last gig”

Teletubby

Featured Posts

high culture

Tbh every music festival that comes around I always see comments that the crowd isn't crazy .. the reality is many of those people have been standing in the sun for multiple hours or days and are dead af. Might not be a fan of the artist, might be discovering them for the first time. Doesn't mean they're not having a good time

• Like 2

StarstruckIllusion
1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

I would say most do not, but a lot of people do know about Gorillaz.

This. Gorillas and Queen have been way more popular references on my sphere (North American) than Blur - who I quite literally have never heard of before this thread lol

RodeckDanny

I do think Coachella is not in my top fests - audience is always kinda average

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Lextyr97

I’m sorry but an artist who reacts like this to a DEAD crowd is someone who loves performing and genuinely wants to make people happy. Good on them for not wanting to go back. All people want to do at concerts is record with their phones rather than be in the moment. **** that. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

NATAH
5 hours ago, tylerjs said:

I find out about new celebrities every day on this site

NEVER heard of blur?!

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

tylerjs
35 minutes ago, NATAH said:

NEVER heard of blur?!

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point
  • Like 1

Killa

Coachella is an awful festival, dead crowd. When people just go there cause it's hip and not for the music this happens. Blur are from a different era, concerts were fun and energic. Rock artists like these feed on this, as there's no big production. BUT don't tell me they didnt knew that before, dont kind me

• Thanks 1

Killa

How can you not know girls and boys loooool, i know some of you are young but this is like a classic classic jesus at least the chorus. My boyfriend also didn't knew but he thought it was cause he only listens to generic radio music but cmon. They are really great

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tylerjs
35 minutes ago, Killa said:

How can you not know girls and boys loooool, i know some of you are young but this is like a classic classic jesus at least the chorus. My boyfriend also didn't knew but he thought it was cause he only listens to generic radio music but cmon. They are really great

How old should one be to know it? I’m 27 :sis:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

Pharamon
4 hours ago, Lextyr97 said:

I’m sorry but an artist who reacts like this to a DEAD crowd is someone who loves performing and genuinely wants to make people happy. Good on them for not wanting to go back. All people want to do at concerts is record with their phones rather than be in the moment. **** that. 

this for real... you're paying to attend A MUSIC FESTIVAL to enjoy MUSIC and all you do is record your cute outfits and literally walk around glued to your phone?

• Thanks 2

Franch Toast

I was there, and we were near some hardcore Blur fans who came all the way from South Korea. I was also a huge Blur fan back in the 90s and was singing along and dancing  to Girls & Boys. However, the majority of the crowd was there for Tyler and/or No Doubt. 

Damon was very charismatic though, if a tad grumpy. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Love 3

GagaSine

Luv him, he's an incredible artist. I remember the last time I saw Gorillaz in Toronto he was moved to tears by the crowd during one of the songs and kept saying "Toronto, thank you, thank you". He's a passionate performer.

Shook that people don't remember Blur as a big deal. They were huge in the 90s. I remember playing Fifa World cup 98 and bopping to it on the computer lol.

• YAAAS 1

Daenerys
5 hours ago, Killa said:

It just wasn’t a part of the social setting I grew up in. I had no idea they existed until this thread either, but seeing the video a user posted earlier intrigued me, so I’ll give them a listen while I do some field notes! 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
  • YAAAS 1

LG666

I've never heard of Blur. This person sounds awful though in the video. I would've been silent in the audience, too.

• Teletubby changed the title to Blur’s Damon Albarn tells Coachella crowd it's “probably our last gig”