💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shakira likes pop culture when it empowers women without robbing men of being men

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Allure Magazine: “Did you watch the movie Barbie?”

“I watched it, yeah” - said Shakira
Long pause.

“My sons absolutely hated it. They felt that it was emasculating. And I agree, to a certain extent. I'm raising two boys. I want 'em to feel powerful too [while] respecting women. I like pop culture when it attempts to empower women without robbing men of their possibility to be men, to also protect and provide. I believe in giving women all the tools and the trust that we can do it all without losing our essence, without losing our femininity. I think that men have a purpose in society and women have another purpose as well. We complement each other, and that complement should not be lost.”

“Just because a woman can do it all doesn’t mean she should?”

“Why not share the load with people who deserve to carry it, who have a duty to carry it as well?”

This is part of the Shakira Paradox. Women deserve all the power, all the agency, and all the sexiness they wish to embody or express. And yet it doesn’t betray her brand of feminism to expect men to man up.
https://www.allure.com/story/shakira-cover

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 11
  • Shook 1

JgHaus78

Everyone enjoys different kinds of dynamics in a relationship and in a life partner. Sue me (her) but she’s not completely wrong 

:derpga: :derpga:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 6

Illuminati

Empower yourself to pay taxes sis

• LMAO 27
  • Thanks 1

bionic

She also likes pop culture when it empowers women without making them pay taxes

The whole statement is strongly giving "I'm not like other girls" vibes

buy bionic
  • Like 5

Chlorine Sevigny

I mean, to a certain extent I can understand what she's saying. Young boys see a lot of messaging empowering women and girls, and they don't really understand why they're left out. They don't understand sexism and misogyny. So, that's on our education system and parents to teach them why they're left out, but I think young boys need just as much care in their development into thoughtful, emotional humans and young adults. Mental health in men is so neglected and so taboo still. Men are also the victims of patriarchy, we can't forget. 

• Like 13
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2

holy scheisse

i mean... idk?? 

my impression was that the movie is about finding balance between feminine/masculine no? like it starts out as a toxically matriarchal society, and then swings the pendulum to a toxically patriarchal society, and by the end they recognize that power ought to be shared and there is value in both masculinity and femininity 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

27monster27

Why does everyone keep misinterpreting the movie? The matriarchy aspect of the movie was portrayed as being flawed because the men lost rights in a way similar to women. It was to give men an idea of what it's like and to show how one sex being in charge (regardless of which it is) causes a toxic and repressive environment.

he/him/his
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 9

ARTPOP

Off topic, Poor things is a better feminist movie last year.

COME ON GAYS!!
  • Thanks 2

bionic
Just now, ARTPOP said:

Off topic, Poor things is a better feminist movie last year.

The Marvels was a more feminist film

buy bionic

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

The Marvels was a more feminist film

Peppa Pig was more feminist

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • YAAAS 1

bionic
Just now, Teletubby said:

Peppa Pig was more feminist

Peppa Pig is a symbol of the idyllic feminist. Only Rita Ora comes close

buy bionic
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Lukas96
19 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Why does everyone keep misinterpreting the movie? The matriarchy aspect of the movie was portrayed as being flawed because the men lost rights in a way similar to women. It was to give men an idea of what it's like and to show how one sex being in charge (regardless of which it is) causes a toxic and repressive environment.

But when the oppresed in the film's society rise up, they're again subjugated with the same tactics society uses to subjugate women. So, in a weird way, unintentionally (one hopes) the movie is validating the patriarchy's response to feminism

alsemanche

Gurl.... embarrassing 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agunimon

I did not see this movie, but wasn't Ken's entire character meant to show equality for both men and women? I did not remember hearing any discourse about it putting men down.

alsemanche
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

I think that men have a purpose in society and women have another purpose as well. We complement each other, and that complement should not be lost.”

Like what is this Stone Age mentality :air: I wonder if she'll short circuit when she finds out that gender exists beyond this archaic binary :ladyhaha:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Thanks 2