Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Does Chromatica remind you of lockdown? Does it make you miss it?

Agunimon

Featured Posts

Agunimon

It's been a while since I have listened to Chromatica from start to finish, so I decided I would give it another spin and it immediately takes me back to that time. In particular, it takes me back to the hot summer driving to the gym in another state because my state had their gyms closed. I kind of miss that time as terrible circumstance as it was. Chromatica was my go to album during that time, so it makes sense that I heavily associate it and am reminded of memories of that time where it was my daily album, since I listened to it for most of the remainder of the year. 

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Nutella

Great thread.

Rain On Me & Free Woman are two of my "pandemic songs" lol 🎶

Such a "time & place album," for better or worse.

Bittersweet memories for many, myself included, but heartbreaking for some.

• Love 1

No, except for 911 since I ended up on antidepressants and anxiolytics due to panic dissorder. I think that also answers the second question

Anderson123

It used to remind me of the only 3 months I spent at home for lockdown. My days were all about waking up, have breakfast, watch tv and do some home workout so I used to play the album and Babylon Haus Labs all the time. 

Then in 2021 I stopped listening to it for a bit because the songs used to remind me of feeling depressed. Months later now with vaccines and the world kind of coming back, the songs stopped feeling that way and they were fun and beautiful again, along with Born This Way songs. Now when I listen to Chromatica I don’t feel that way anymore, especially now with the Tour visuals she did for it. 

Chromatica songs went from feeling “listening to new upbeat Gaga songs to not think about the pandemic” to adrenaline Gym songs once I mixed them with The Fame Monster, Born This Way and ARTPOP which were released during much better times in my life. I don’t know if it makes sense when I say that playing them together took them out of that depressing cloud I had them in. 

Edited by Anderson123

holy scheisse

All of her albums bring me back to the time I first was listening to them and I’m glad we had chromatica during such a strange life experience of the pandemic 

I associate Joanne with the rise of trump :kry: and it wasn’t comforting to me during that time lol

It’s actually crazy that stupid love dropped riiiight before lockdown and Joanne dropped riiight before the 2016 us election lol I wonder what new tragedy will follow lg7 :kry:

homomo

It reminds me of Covid and BLM. So, it’s a sad album to me tbh

• Like 1

HausofGabo

Not really, but it does bring back the memory when I was able to dance in a club again. Dancing to 911 and Stupid Love was pure life.

Jackaroo

It’s a feel-good album that will go down in the history books for sure. The VMAs kinda saved the era tho, tbf.  

I used to listen to the album from start to finish almost everyday at the gym, dangerously driving on the motorbike in the rain blasting out rain on me and even my dog loved Babylon during that time 😂

my ex’s fav was Fun Tonight… while my most played that year was actually Chromatica I and Chromatica II :huntyga:

May the journey continue…:pawsup:

P.s. Anyone know where can I find the rain on me boots uk size 8? 

julz

Honestly no...Future Nostalgia truly reminded me of the pandemic. Like when i was in my first work from home setup, listening to Physical...struggling with my connection at home. Or the time when Future Nostalgia got released and i was listening to the album, and making me feel positive because i keep seeing increasing fatality count in the news.

For Chromatica, i remember Rain on Me  video being released and i was very happy but at the same time sad bec i know she wont be able to promote this properly. The rumored Sour Candy video was actually my hope for a bigger success for the era...but that didnt happen. 

In summary, the reason i associate FN more with the pandemic than Chromatica is because Dua served more during the era than Gaga. Though i truly understood why, and also appreciate the acts of kindness that Gaga did during the pandemic.

TheFame Monster

I struggle to listen to Chromatica because it reminds me of the pandemic. It was such a bleak time and my life has changed so much since then for the better. LG7 will be much more enjoyable and have longevity for me by default

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modern Ecstasy2
5 minutes ago, TheFame Monster said:

I struggle to listen to Chromatica because it reminds me of the pandemic. It was such a bleak time and my life has changed so much since then for the better. LG7 will be much more enjoyable and have longevity for me by default

Same same same. I’ve never had a great relationship with Chromatica because of Covid. I’m eagerly waiting for the next one :firega:

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”
  • Like 1

Emvee

The only one that gives me any distinct memories is Rain On Me because it reminds of a really weird period where I was going back and forth between my hometown and San Francisco a lot until I finally decided to give up my lease in July and return home to save up money for a couple of years. I definitely listened to Chromatica a lot on those long drives, but ROM is the only one that takes me back to being in my old apartment, working from home there, and hooking up while I was on the clock :icant:

(and feeling bad about hooking up because, you know, we were in full on pandemic mode :franminervini:)

Edited by Emvee