alsemanche

It does sound like her :selena:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Shook 1

Rat Boy

It does sound like her :oprah:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

gagzus

It does sound like her, but I’m skeptical because Beyoncé has had very social and political undertones to her last few albums (this one included) about reclaiming black culture and how white america impacts African Americans and Taylor has seemingly avoided EVERY possible social and political message and view in the last almost 8 years because of the risk of isolating anyone from her audience.

So I doubt it.

• Thanks 1

NCgaga
5 minutes ago, gagzus said:

It does sound like her, but I’m skeptical because Beyoncé has had very social and political undertones to her last few albums (this one included) about reclaiming black culture and how white america impacts African Americans and Taylor has seemingly avoided EVERY possible social and political message and view in the last almost 8 years because of the risk of isolating anyone from her audience.

So I doubt it.

Actually no. Taylor very openly opposed Anti- gay legislation in Tennessee on every social platform. It caused quite a stir amongst conservative fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

MaybeKermit
7 minutes ago, gagzus said:

So I doubt it.

What a reach lmao? 

if she wouldnt want to be associated with Taylor then why did they go to eachothers premiere and made such a spectacle from it?

Edited by MaybeKermit
  • Like 1

Gaga2645
12 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

Actually no. Taylor very openly opposed Anti- gay legislation in Tennessee on every social platform. It caused quite a stir amongst conservative fans. 

The discussion is about racial inequality though, and racial inequality and lgbt inequality are like comparing apples to oranges.

not trying to be combative, i just think it should be noted.

RenegAde

Why would beyonce work with taylor just to have her as background vocals and not a full feature and Why would taylor wanna sing back up for beyonce?

• LMAO 1

bionic

seems like fake news

#kids these days have ZERO media literacy or critical thinking skills

buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

gagzus
48 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

I’m glad she is, she could easily do more though. However my primary criticism is because she’s actively never said anything about racial inequality and considering she is from a place and works in a genre that is predominantly anti-black and exclusionary (despite originating from black people ergo this album). Hopefully Beyoncé being open about the racism she experienced at the CMAs and a lot of Red states refusing to play her country music opens a conversation that encourages Taylor to speak on.

gagzus
53 minutes ago, MaybeKermit said:

What a reach lmao? 

if she wouldnt want to be associated with Taylor then why did they go to eachothers premiere and made such a spectacle from it?

I never said she wouldn’t want association with her, that’s putting words in my mouth (or post? lol) I said I doubt TAYLOR would be on a project that is heavily political and socially focused message wise. She doesn’t have the songwriting capability tbh.

Bronco
26 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I’m glad she is, she could easily do more though. However my primary criticism is because she’s actively never said anything about racial inequality and considering she is from a place and works in a genre that is predominantly anti-black and exclusionary (despite originating from black people ergo this album). Hopefully Beyoncé being open about the racism she experienced at the CMAs and a lot of Red states refusing to play her country music opens a conversation that encourages Taylor to speak on.

Never said anything about racial inequality?

• Love 1

chuck
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

how white america impacts African Americans and Taylor has seemingly avoided EVERY possible social and political message and view in the last almost 8 years because of the risk of isolating anyone from her audience.

how is a suspected Swift 'cameo' on an album that has massive white musician features so out of left field though...

• Like 1

chuck
1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

Why would beyonce work with taylor just to have her as background vocals and not a full feature and Why would taylor wanna sing back up for beyonce?

Taylor Swift lent background vocals to country artist Sugarland. She's credited though and obviously recognizable.

• Like 1

Agunimon

are post malone and miley cyrus suddenly black? or dolly parton, or the beatles... ? i'm not understanding why taylor swift possibly being a background vocalist on one of her songs is a reach and goes against the message beyonce has

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 3