💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie Eilish says artists are releasing several vinyl versions for numbers and money

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

You’re working to make vinyl more sustainable. Happier Than Ever came in eight vinyl variants, but you use 100% recycled black vinyl — plus recycled scraps for colored variants — and shrink-wrap made from sugar cane.

Billie Eilish: We live in this day and age where, for some reason, it’s very important to some artists to make all sorts of different vinyl and packaging … which ups the sales and ups the numbers and gets them more money and gets them more…

Maggie Baird(Billie's mom): Well, it counts toward No. 1 albums.

Eilish: I can’t even express to you how wasteful it is. It is right in front of our faces and people are just getting away with it left and right, and I find it really frustrating as somebody who really goes out of my way to be sustainable and do the best that I can and try to involve everybody in my team in being sustainable — and then it’s some of the biggest artists in the world making f–king 40 different vinyl packages that have a different unique thing just to get you to keep buying more. It’s so wasteful, and it’s irritating to me that we’re still at a point where you care that much about your numbers and you care that much about making money — and it’s all your favorite artists doing that sh-t.

Baird: But to be fair, the problem is systemic, right? Because if Billboard, to be honest, is going to not have limits… I would love to see limits, like no more than four colors. Or some kind of rules, because you can’t fault an artist for playing the No. 1 game.

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/billie-eilish-sustainability-eco-friendly-initiatives-mom-1235642455/

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 8
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 30

Roughhouse Dandy

Exactly what I've been saying

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz

The pop girlie's need to realise there's nothing more sustainable than a bonus track. Wdgaf about buying the same stuff twice with no difference to the music 

bottoms up....and the devil laughs
  • Like 7

BlingNotTheMusic

We love the truth telling vegan queen :bye:

• Like 5
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 5

olive specter

"I find it really frustrating as somebody who really goes out of my way to be sustainable and do the best that I can and try to involve everybody in my team in being sustainable"

il_fullxfull.4437611567_1avl.jpg

great they are made from scraps, but still
1. other artists do that too
2. why so many? or do you care about money and numbers too?

Edited by olivia specter
  • Like 3
  • Shook 5
  • Thanks 5

AnglerfishbraBENUS

Did two oscar chanteuse lie?

• LMAO 4

jacs vs looser

She's right, billboard should limit how many variants of a single/album count towards their charts and overall sales. I see no reason for there being more than 3 variants of a single format (other than greed).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Gagaplayer315
2 minutes ago, olivia specter said:

"I find it really frustrating as somebody who really goes out of my way to be sustainable and do the best that I can and try to involve everybody in my team in being sustainable"

Well /Thread :ladyhaha:

• Like 1

RAMROD

She is doing it too, is she calling herself out with this? :ladyhaha:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 8

chuck
2 minutes ago, olivia specter said:

the argument is that her vinyls are recycled. point taken. that's great.

but still, it's not so much better when you think about it. the new plastics aren't being thrown out, they're being kept by fans so ideally none of those fresh vinyls are going to waste.

call it for what it is--- vinyl-exclusives to collect are a money grab and abusive to your fanbase. no need for virtue-signalling coming from someone who does something that's not much better.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Mister G

I honestly never understood why we need 18 versions of the same album just for each one to look prettier than the last or feature one to two bonus tracks. Not to mention it's such an expensive process to produce vinyls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Red

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jp

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Charmz

On the flip side, some fandoms have been asking for these type of massive physical releases for YEARS

if you don’t want it don’t buy it

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️
  • LMAO 1