đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shakira about being single mom, says having husband was dragging her down

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

"I'm a single mother, I don't have a husband at home to help out with anything.""In a way, it's kind of good not to have a husband because that...I don't know why it was dragging me down.""Now I feel like working. I feel like writing songs. I feel like making music. It's a compulsive need of mine that I didn't feel before."
Shakira's two sons, Milan and Sasha, are 11 and nine years old, respectively.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 4

Ultimecia

Free_Woman.mp3

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Love 5

bionic

No husband to help, but plenty of nannies, maids, cleaners, chefs, personal assistants, tax accountants, etc

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Guillaume Hamon
40 minutes ago, bionic said:

No husband to help, but plenty of nannies, maids, cleaners, chefs, personal assistants, tax accountants, etc

"Tax accountants"

:ladyhaha:

• LMAO 9

River

so out of touch and disrespect to single mothers who really struggle every single day.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

bionic
3 minutes ago, River said:

so out of touch and disrespect to single mothers who really struggle every single day.

so out of touch and disrespectful to single mothers who really struggle every single day whose lives are already difficult because people like Shakira refuse to pay a fair amount of tax which means governments can't afford to fully fund social security programs and similar in-the-community support schemes

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 3

River
8 minutes ago, bionic said:

so out of touch and disrespectful to single mothers who really struggle every single day whose lives are already difficult because people like Shakira refuse to pay a fair amount of tax which means governments can't afford to fully fund social security programs and similar in-the-community support schemes

THIS THIS THIS

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • YAAAS 1

AnnTakamaki

tax doesnt seem to drag her down i guess

• LMAO 1

Economy

Thats great for her but lets remember her experience as a single mother likely doesnt reflect a typical single mothers experience

Shes definitely not gonna have the typical financial anxieties... even in terms of work load she can hire help for hpusehold chores a typical person cant even if its just for cleaning and some of the cooking

A single mom will be cleaning, cooking, getting kids ready for school while working 2 jobs trying to make ends meet

Her saying its great and easier now may not resonate with everyone

Edited by Economy

StrawberryBlond

Not having a partner around is only good if they were toxic and/or abusive. A good partner should never give you the feeling of being dragged down, you're meant to be equals who have shared responsibilities and help each other out. Of course it initially seems like things are better when coming out a toxic relationship but it's not long until most single parents start craving some sort of partner in crime. Yearning for romantic and sexual connection aside, the practical reasons are also pressing for the average citizen. A partner will provide additional income, help with childcare and chores, provide emotional support and understanding. It's undeniable that the life of a single parent is very different when you're rich and famous and have the money to the point where these issues are fixed through hired help so it's odd for her to claim it's such a freeing existence when her life was always freer than regular people's. But if it's inspiring her to make more music, great. She's been away too long and I really want her to make English music again. She's not done so for a decade now and it could get her an international hit for the first time since Waka Waka. 

RenegAde
4 hours ago, bionic said:

2 hours ago, River said:

2 hours ago, bionic said:

These luxuries do not completely solve the struggles of single parenthood though.

I believe shakira is saying that the independence that comes with being a single parent now and leaving her cheating ex has made her more productive and rational which is completely logical. 

Don't know why we have to see only the negatives in such simple sentiments.

Edited by RenegAde

bionic
1 minute ago, RenegAde said:

These luxuries do not completely solve the struggles of single parenthood though.

I believe shakira is saying that the independence that comes with being a single parent now and leaving her cheating ex has made her more productive and rational which is completely logical. 

Don't know why we have to see only the negatives is such simple sentiments.

Its two separate topics. The first quote in full is

Now that her kids are older and Shakira has been living in Miami, it's different, "even though, it's more challenging because now I'm in charge of these two kids, these two babies that depend on me so much. And I'm a single mother, I don't have a husband at home to help out with anything."

IMO this pretty much justifies the above. Sure, I'm sure what she does as a parent is tough but its out of touch to complain about it with the resources she has available (and does use!).

On the flip, which is what I think you're getting at, the quote is:

"It was kind of like a sometimes a love-hate relationship because every time I had to be pulled into the studio to do my work, I failed," she recalls. "I felt that I was leaving my family unattended. There were times when I really didn't enjoy it. You know, I felt guilt. I felt torn. [...] In a way, it's kind of good not to have a husband because that…I don't know why it was dragging me down, man," she says. "Now I feel like working. I feel like writing songs. I feel like making music. It's a compulsive need of mine that I didn't feel before."

I get that. Its hard to be independent and do your thing when you feel your family are owed your time (which I guess they are? But how much? You are still independent- tough to balance)

So yeah... too separate issues. One I understand (wanting to be an independent person but also wanting to be part of a family) but the other (Shakira specifically being a single parent is tough) I don't have much sympathy with whatsoever

buy bionic