đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Azealia Banks mentions Rita Ora in her new Beyonce rant

Teletubby

Featured Posts

NCgaga
3 minutes ago, spookytanooki said:

Hold up. So you're telling me that it's not a country song, yet it suddenly gets awarded a CMA when it's performed by a 

1. White 

2. Man

But when it was sung by a 

1. Black

2. Woman

It's a folk song? 

It’s not just a white man singing it. It’s a country artist, that sung it with country anunciation, vocals, and traditional country instruments. It’s a folk song that’s was remade as countless other songs have been, into a different genre. 

Was Whitney Houston’s version of “I will always love you” awarded country awards, when the original version by Dolly Parton was a country song? No it wasn’t. Thats because it was remade into a pop song. I don’t understand how you don’t understand this? You are reaching so hard for a victim narrative. You understand the difference between folk music and country music right? You understand the original version of Fast Car was not a country song, but was a folk pop song right? It’s two different genres of music. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

spookytanooki
29 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

It’s not just a white man singing it. It’s a country artist, that sung it with country anunciation, vocals, and traditional country instruments. It’s a folk song that’s was remade as countless other songs have been, into a different genre. 

Was Whitney Houston’s version of “I will always love you” awarded country awards, when the original version by Dolly Parton was a country song? No it wasn’t. Thats because it was remade into a pop song. I don’t understand how you don’t understand this? You are reaching so hard for a victim narrative. You understand the difference between folk music and country music right? You understand the original version of Fast Car was not a country song, but was a folk pop song right? It’s two different genres of music. 

I've been informed that I'm being way too intense and that I'm probably wrong, and that I should probably stop getting into fights online when I'm drinking wine.

I appreciate your perspective, and you've given me something to think about tbh.

We may disagree, but I do not think the points you have made have no merit. It's always refreshing to try to see things from someone else's perspective 

*I base this information on absolutely nothing*
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

NCgaga
39 minutes ago, spookytanooki said:

I've been informed that I'm being way too intense and that I'm probably wrong, and that I should probably stop getting into fights online when I'm drinking wine.

I appreciate your perspective, and you've given me something to think about tbh.

We may disagree, but I do not think the points you have made have no merit. It's always refreshing to try to see things from someone else's perspective 

Refreshing. I appreciate that. Respect 

Westerosi
4 hours ago, Noah X said:

Can someone explain that part where she mentions Gaga? I don't get if it's a good or bad thing. And I don't get why Gaga's labeled as "black female peers" ??? 

I think she's trying, and failing, to be facetious.

She's basically saying the closest you've ever come to making a real effort to sharing your platform with black women are: The Dixie Chicks, Shakira & Lady Gaga 

Edited by Westerosi
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1

Shakmasda

I think it is a bad combination the level of "Guarding the Sacredness of Queen Bee" + "We hate AB cause she is a deranged psycho". But that kind of psycho is apparently the type that dares to say anything non-sacred about the almighty Queen of all genres (although she still kisses her ass lol)

Blasting Sweet Dreams and **** him all night now, just to be naughty and stir some shyt, wheeeee!

• LMAO 1

chun li

But why doesn’t Acealia implement this  criticism onto her own life and career? and do something? Doesn’t she have like... one album and that's it? :oprah:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Helxig

Wait I skimmed it and she is complaining that Beyonce doesn't uplift black women enough and only collabs with white women.. but didn't Beyonce start the careers of Chloe and Halle Bailey and signed them to her label? And I just looked it up and she's done collabs with Mary J Blige and Alicia Keys :shrug: 

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Thanks 1

Pennywise

She has such an insane vocabulary and a way of stringing it all together :partysick: like, as a talk show host or something it would work so well, truly the poet laureate of our time

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 4

Pennywise

"Kelsey Ballerini and Carrie Underwood have better songs than whatever nauseating little bey on the prairie stuff is going on" :ladyhaha:

"16 Carriages doesn't even make sense in context. What kind of pilgrim fantasy were you having" :ladyhaha::partysick:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • LMAO 3

Sneaky Oliver

I hate to say it but I’ve read all that and she made some points tbh

I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • Like 2

VTV

AB should be the next Wendy Williams tbh.

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA
  • Like 1

Kimmo

I mean she made some points…. Why would Beyonce win album of the year when she has yet to pen a whole album on her own let alone without writing camps? 

And in 16 Carriages, how is Beyonce overworked, cooking, cleaning and Underpaid? Reminds me of Break My Soul where she quit her 9-5 job, because those songs are struggles from her writers and then she comes and tries to make the songs “about her” 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d738v9y1axy7lg84wfha

Hottie Detector

Stephen

she mentioned many people in this rant why is the title singling out Rita Ora :ladyhaha:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 4

chuck
13 hours ago, spookytanooki said:

The humility is moving! đź’ś

Karl
13 hours ago, spookytanooki said:

Hold up. So you're telling me that it's not a country song, yet it suddenly gets awarded a CMA when it's performed by a 

1. White 

2. Man

But when it was sung by a 

1. Black

2. Woman

It's a folk song? 

The composition was different though in the original, it's had like a country remix with that Luke dude it sounds more twangy and stuff. If you heard the original only you would struggle to call it country.