đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (spoilers under tag)

RudraCNG

Featured Posts

RudraCNG

So, I just finished this game (my friend let me have his PS5 for a couple of weeks because he knows I'm a huge JRPG fan and I loved Remake. I decided to go full PC/Nintendo after PS4 and I hate Sony for paying for its exclusivity) and I was wondering if someone else on this site is playing/has finished it.

My impressions (w/ minor spoilers)

Spoiler

The game is amazing. I wasn't sure they would/could recreate almost everything that existed in the OG game, and I enjoyed every bit of it, it's very faithful to the original FF VII but at the same time it expands it and changes some things, as in the ending of Remake they changed their future and Cloud and the others are not tied to fate (aka, the original events of FF VII) anymore. I think the battle system is the way forward for the mainline series if Square are gonna get rid of the classic turn-based style forever (I didn't play XVI, and loathed XV) and this sequel even improves Remake's system with joint actions (sorry, I didn't play it in English, I don't know the official term). The characters were also really well-developed. Yuffie gained a lot of prominence here, while in the OG game she was an optional character.

As for the ending (obviously MAJOR SPOILERS)

Spoiler

I applauded Remake's bravery to break free from the original game when they defeated fate but... it didn't change anything important? When I finished Remake I was like "yeah, now for sure Aerith won't die", but then this happened... And at the same time they do not 100% rule out that Aerith is gonna be alive eventually. They took the coward route tbh, like they were afraid of the backlash if they changed that scene but at the same time they didn't want to completely wipe out the possibility. And Zack scenario is completely useless? It doesn't really add anything, I hoped they expanded his sections and they had real consequences. Also, not a big fan of this multiverse/different timelines thing. It feels cheap and trend-hopping (I really dislike anything that reeks of Marvel). Other than that, I loved the game and I'm looking forward to the third part and to see how they work this out.

Edited by RudraCNG
  • Love 1

River

I didn't even play the original :messga:

well i tried a few weeks ago and got bored after the train place :messga:

Should I just jump to the remake and that's it??

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Meruk Holland

I played through Remake and I remember liking the story and the graphical upgrade, but hating the gameplay. I picked up Rebirth hoping I could continue enjoying the good things while ignoring the bad, and I couldn't. I find the gameplay clunky, slow, awkward, and just plain frustrating. I played through XVI and I immensely enjoyed that one, albeit the gameplay being somewhat shallow in my opinion. But I digress. I ended up watching a longplay of someone playing through the game to be able enjoy the retelling and the graphical upgrades, and I had the advantage of skipping through the gameplay. And I will admit, it is a beautiful game, no expense has been spared for the visuals - it is gorgeous. But it doesn't make up for my immense revulsion to the gameplay.  

ItsCaseyPaul
3 hours ago, River said:

I would say the first 8-10 hours of the game can be quite long and tedious. But after you hit a certain point the game really takes off.

I'd say try to continue the original and see if interest restarts. If not, I'd say try Remake. Either way it's a great experience.

River
2 minutes ago, ItsCaseyPaul said:

I would say the first 8-10 hours of the game can be quite long and tedious. But after you hit a certain point the game really takes off.

I'd say try to continue the original and see if interest restarts. If not, I'd say try Remake. Either way it's a great experience.

Yeah you're right, I'll give the original a few more hours and let's see if it clicks, after I'll finish AC Odyssey though

I read that I basically need to reach midgar and then just go with the remake because everything is completely different from that point, is that true?

HelloHangoverz
10 minutes ago, River said:

AC Odyssey

best game of all time imo or one of them. floors me to this day

bottoms up....and the devil laughs

River
16 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

best game of all time imo or one of them. floors me to this day

I love the location, the details, the combat is refreshing and the open world too, but I didn't like the main story much, I'm doing the first dlc now

I think the Ezio trilogy is still the best story wise

HelloHangoverz
13 minutes ago, River said:

I love the location, the details, the combat is refreshing and the open world too, but I didn't like the main story much, I'm doing the first dlc now

I think the Ezio trilogy is still the best story wise

The location and details are what make me love it tbh. If anything, I wish they could have just kept it to Athens V Sparta instead of some overly complex Cult of Kosmos switching sides deal, as that just overly complicates it imo and takes away from the enjoyment of ancient greece

bottoms up....and the devil laughs
  • Like 1

River
9 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

The location and details are what make me love it tbh. If anything, I wish they could have just kept it to Athens V Sparta instead of some overly complex Cult of Kosmos switching sides deal, as that just overly complicates it imo and takes away from the enjoyment of ancient greece

Totally agree.

I did my whole run with the sauna clothes :air:

ok ok we're derailing the post lol

• LMAO 1

Karl

Really loving it so far, blitzed through remake last month after a few attempts which I loved, very linear and narrative driven but a nice change from all the open ended games these days. Sequel seems like a nice mix of the remake one while also adding in the open world stuff but not to an overwhelming extent like you have in AC Valhalla etc. My only grip so far is the performance mode looks like blurry trash in some areas due to the lower resolution, but I can't play graphics mode because the frame rate is awful so I'm suffering with the blurriness, I heard they're patching it though.

• Love 1

RudraCNG
1 hour ago, River said:

Yeah, it's totally okay if you decide to do this. The game appeals to both those who played the original and those who didn't.

Glad to see more people are playing it, whether they like it or not!