💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

'eternal sunshine' marks Ariana Grande's 6th #1 album on the Billboard 200

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Ariana Grande achieves her sixth No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart as Eternal Sunshine bows atop the list (dated March 23), launching with 227,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending March 14, according to Luminate. Eternal’s opening frame also marks the largest week of 2024 for any album.

Of Eternal Sunshine’s 227,000 units earned in the tracking week ending March 14, SEA units comprise 148,000 (equaling 194.92 million on-demand official streams of the set’s songs), album sales comprise 77,000 and TEA units comprise 2,000. Eternal’s first-week start is the largest of 2024 so far, surpassing the debut of Ye (formerly known as Kanye West) and Ty Dolla $ign’s Vultures 1, which bowed with 148,000 (chart dated Feb. 24).

Eternal’s first-week sales were bolstered by the set’s availability across 12 physical configurations (six vinyl and six CD offerings, all with the same tracklist), a standard digital download (in clean and explicit versions) and a “slightly deluxe” digital download (clean and explicit, which added four bonus tracks – all remixes and alternative versions of songs on the standard album).

All six of the vinyl editions were ruby red-colored, and five offered alternate cover art. (Of the latter five editions, four were sold exclusively through Grande’s official webstore, and one of them was exclusive to Target.) Combined, her vinyl sales totaled 33,000 — her largest week on vinyl ever, surpassing the 32,000 first-week sales of Positions in 2021. As for the CD editions, there was a widely available standard CD, four variants (all with alternate cover art) sold in Grande’s webstore, and a signed edition (also sold via her webstore).

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 10
  • Love 1

Awakened M

Ariana Grande Rain On Me GIF by Lady Gaga

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.
  • Love 1

Anderson123

Good for her. I'm looking at Wikipedia and how ironic that Dangerous Woman is the only one that didn't reach the #1 spot when it's one of the fan favorites and has the title track and Into You, one of her best songs. Is there a way to find out which other releases blocked it from #1 ?

Edited by Anderson123

chuck

This album really grows on you!!! I went from saying 'meh' at the first listen to not being able to abstain from it.

• Like 1

chuck
3 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Good for her. I'm looking at Wikipedia and how ironic that Dangerous Woman is the only one that didn't reach the #1 spot when it's one of the fan favorites and has the title track and Into You, one of her best songs. Is there a way to find out which other releases blocked it from #1 ?

I asked Gemini Advanced and here's what it had to say:

Ariana Grande's "Dangerous Woman" was released in 2016 and peaked at number two on the Billboard 200 chart. The album that prevented it from reaching number one was Drake's "Views" [Wikipedia: Dangerous Woman]. "Views" had a strong sales week and held the top spot.

I found the source! https://www.billboard.com/pro/drake-views-no-1-on-billboard-200-album-chart-ariana-grande-blake-shelton/

Edited by chuck
  • Like 1

HIM820
1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

If I remember correctly, it was Drake with Views. The pop fans were pissed!

• Thanks 1

Anderson123
Just now, chuck said:

I asked Gemini Advanced and here's what it had to say:

Ariana Grande's "Dangerous Woman" was released in 2016 and peaked at number two on the Billboard 200 chart. The album that prevented it from reaching number one was Drake's "Views" [Wikipedia: Dangerous Woman]. "Views" had a strong sales week and held the top spot.

Ahh, of course Drake. Views was massive.

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Did it do better than positions? 

Positions did 174k (173.54 million on-demand streams and 42k album sales)

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Thanks 1

Lanadelduck
44 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

her best album by MILES

Lanadelduck
Just now, Lanadelduck said:

her best album by MILES

just like bad romance peaking at #2

• Sad 1

ARTPOPKISS

Reminds me of my ariana grande era

Aah I wish I could revisit that time period I was so happy then

F@ggotry at its finest

thisboyisamonster

Well deserved, I really like the album now - really like listening to it while studying

Edited by thisboyisamonster