Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Dua Lipa debuts 10th variant of “Radical Optimism” vinyl

Teletubby

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Y'all who self proclaimed yourself as pop (culture) enthusiast just need to get with the time and accept this marketing model. Vinyl variants is what's in right now, instead of different types of (singles) CDs. People love to collect them. Some will play it, and some just to decorate their walls and supporting their faves. Either way, it's not your place to get angry at them. Supply are always followed demands. 

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 1

elijahfan
1 hour ago, Tinnitus15 said:

And some of you cried cuz of Taylor’s 4 variants 

I feel like Taylor's method is sneakier because she included a different exclusive track for each edition, making collecting each edition more significant than just having a vinyl of different color. Honestly, if I were a Dua stan, I'd just pick my favorite color and call it a day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Chromatography
29 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

But fans really don’t need to buy any more than one edition in this scenario to own all the songs, it’s solely a cosmetic and collector choice at this point. That’s why you can’t give Ariana, Olivia, etc. flack either. Taylor’s fans had to buy four different versions if they wanna own every song from their fave’s new album :laughga:

this is the difference but taylor fans don’t wanna hear it. 

• Thanks 3

Agunimon

I don't like it, but this is the direction mainstream artists are going and have for years. It's time to make some peace with that. 

NATAH

I mean for me Taylor’s doing it better. If you have different variants at least put smth new. Not like Dua 

how is it better to pay the same amount of money 4 times for just one different song each time? 

the point of a variant is that it IS different from a visual standpoint than a regular cd/vinyl, giving fans the option to collect them all or just pick their favourite style (whilst enjoying the full album) without FOMO

there is no situation where it's better for the consumer to be paying full album prices for the same tracklist each time just to hear one different song, only the rich billionaire wins

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2

Red

What’s going on with the pop girlies? Touring isn’t lucrative anymore? Should we start a fund for poor popstars?

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

NATAH

also idk why everyone is acting like variants are suddenly brand new... they've been a thing for ages

what taylor did is new and scummy though

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2

HausOfMark
1 hour ago, YuriG said:

I blame Taylor for these type of scams, she made them popular 

So many artists did this before Taylor so we can blame just her. Its more for collectors 

-Mark

Lucas

I mean for me Taylor’s doing it better. If you have different variants at least put smth new. Not like Dua 

Nah lol you're basically paying the price of a whole album to have access to a single song.

Nacchi

It's so funny to read the arguments of fans defending Dua for the multiple versions but attacking Taylor for the same reason :ladyhaha:

RAMROD
31 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I feel like Taylor's method is sneakier because she included a different exclusive track for each edition, making collecting each edition more significant than just having a vinyl of different color. Honestly, if I were a Dua stan, I'd just pick my favorite color and call it a day.

Olivia Rodrigo did that before, and then compile all those secret tracks in different vinyl that was for record store day exclusive vinyl. 

Did not see anyone get angry at her?

This is just marketing, to you non fans that might seems weing, but to fans who enjoy that kinda stuffs, those are fun activities. Especially when we're talking about Taylor fans who enjoy buy stuffs from her. 

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Olivia didn't promote bonus tracks. fans found out that some vinyl have bonus track after the album has already been released.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Teletubby said:

Olivia didn't promote bonus tracks. fans found out that some vinyl have bonus track after the album has already been released.

Tomato tomahto tbh :icant:

• Sad 1

elijahfan
19 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Olivia Rodrigo did that before, and then compile all those secret tracks in different vinyl that was for record store day exclusive vinyl. 

This is just marketing, to you non fans that might seems weing, but to fans who enjoy that kinda stuffs, those are fun activities. Especially when we're talking about Taylor fans who enjoy buy stuffs from her. 

I don't know about Olivia Rodrigo, and I kinda understand why we've reached this business model. But what irks me is it's always coming from huge artists, not musicians who aren't earning **** on streaming and need the support, so it's just coming across as exploitative of fans and greedy. At the end of the day, people are entitled to however they want to spend their money, but they also need to be lucid about these schemes.

Edited by elijahfan
  • Like 2

high culture

The thing that this whole "variants are getting out of control" conversation is skipping over is... you only have to buy one.. 

• Like 1