💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dylan Mulvaney on Gaga’s Allyship

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Reality
34 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

For example, fighting for womens rights is great, but once you identify as a feminist, you will have a list of expectation projected on you. Or they will tell you you are not a good feminist if you dont do this. Or you cant be a feminist if you are pro life. Id rather fight for womens rights outside of the feminist bubble, its much more healthier for someone like me.

I can only speak for myself in saying that I don't think placing a label like that on you puts any sort of expectations on you besides the ones that you choose to upload by giving yourself that label. If we're using the feminist example, yes, there are certain groups of people within the feminist movement that have what some would call "extreme" beliefs. But if you don't agree with their viewpoints, then that's really no one else's problem but them. 

There is room for conversation and nuance. Realistically speaking, not everyone who's a feminist has the same beliefs and values. I mean, I'm sure JK Rowling considers herself to be a "feminist", but that doesn't mean I agree with her viewpoints.

🃏🖤👹

Reality
15 minutes ago, ARTPOPKISS said:

Girl get some sleep

I should, I'm tired :selena: 

🃏🖤👹
  • LMAO 1

ARTPOPKISS
1 minute ago, Reality said:

I should, I'm tired :selena: 

IM SO SORRY I QHOTED THE WRONG PERSON I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING U SAID PLS FORGIVE ME I MEANT TO QUOTE THE TWAT NOT U :messga:

F@ggotry at its finest
  • LMAO 3
  • Love 1

faysalaaa1
1 minute ago, Reality said:

I can only speak for myself in saying that I don't think placing a label like that on you puts any sort of expectations on you besides the ones that you choose to upload by giving yourself that label. If we're using the feminist example, yes, there are certain groups of people within the feminist movement that have what some would call "extreme" beliefs. But if you don't agree with their viewpoints, then that's really no one else's problem but them. 

There is room for conversation and nuance. Realistically speaking, not everyone who's a feminist has the same beliefs and values. I mean, I'm sure JK Rowling considers herself to be a "feminist", but that doesn't mean I agree with her viewpoints.

If I support these groups anyway, why does it matter if I do it while labeling myself an ally or not?

Not labelling myself an ally is just a way to signal to groups im not part of your group and expectations, so leave me the **** alone, and let me do things my way.

I know you dont have expectations on me, but people here literally are telling me to not call Dylan cringe because I should act like an ally lol

ARTPOPKISS
8 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

If I support these groups anyway, why does it matter if I do it while labeling myself an ally or not?

Not labelling myself an ally is just a way to signal to groups im not part of your group and expectations, so leave me the **** alone, and let me do things my way.

I know you dont have expectations on me, but people here literally are telling me to not call Dylan cringe because I should act like an ally lol

If u truly support these groups then u are an ally wether u like it or not its like u saying u like men but ur not gay

Edited by ARTPOPKISS
F@ggotry at its finest

Reality
4 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

I mean, likewise, if you support these groups anyway, what's the harm in calling yourself a supporter of these groups? Saying that you are a feminist but rejecting the "feminist" label just seems weird to me imho. I understand that the term "feminist" has a somewhat controversial connotation today, but that doesn't change the fact that you are a feminist if you support women's equality.

As for the Dylan thing specifically, I feel like it's a more "girl, read the room" scenario. Dylan has been scrutinized for really nothing other than existing as a trans woman and Gaga recently posted about her disappointment with the hatred she's been getting. Do you think coming into a thread calling them "extremely cringe" isn't going to set some people off? 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 2

faysalaaa1
4 minutes ago, Reality said:

I mean, likewise, if you support these groups anyway, what's the harm in calling yourself a supporter of these groups? Saying that you are a feminist but rejecting the "feminist" label just seems weird to me imho. I understand that the term "feminist" has a somewhat controversial connotation today, but that doesn't change the fact that you are a feminist if you support women's equality.

As for the Dylan thing specifically, I feel like it's a more "girl, read the room" scenario. Dylan has been scrutinized for really nothing other than existing as a trans woman and Gaga recently posted about her disappointment with the hatred she's been getting. Do you think coming into a thread calling them "extremely cringe" isn't going to set some people off? 

Its because these labels signal something, and I dont care enough about the label to fight for it, I care about the cause. Im also not interested in politics, and these labels are very political, while I care about helping the individual. Im not saying my way is the right way, but this is the way I deal with the world to help my mental health. When I was a political activist, it drove me and the group I was in crazy.

faysalaaa1
11 minutes ago, ARTPOPKISS said:

If u truly support these groups then u are an ally wether u like it or not its like u saying u like men but ur not gay

You can support women without being a feminist. Feminism is a political movement and ideology, its not a definition, and it does not hold a monopoly on womens rights.  While Gay is a definition, its not a political movement.

I dont mind weather im a feminist or not, all I care about is to signal to you im not part of your ideology, and to be left alone and away from these political bubbles.

faysalaaa1
46 minutes ago, OutsideWoodys said:

Don’t listen to these people. If anyone on this website is going to try to pretend STEFANI JOANNE “DO YOU GUYS EVER FEEL DRUNK WHEN YOU PRETEND TO DRINK IN MOVIES” ANGELINA GERMONATTA is not CRINGE they are absolutely lying to themselves. 
I could literally name one BILLION cringe things she’s done— but I love her too!

People on this website can be so delusional— she’s a pop star who got famous at 23 she’s gonna have SOME personality flaws we should be allowed to tease her about. 

Its fine if they dont think shes cringe, but acting like calling her cringe is a big deal is weird.

ARTPOPKISS
4 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

You can support women without being a feminist. Feminism is a political movement and ideology, its not a definition, and it does not hold a monopoly on womens rights.  While Gay is a definition, its not a political movement.

I dont mind weather im a feminist or not, all I care about is to signal to you im not part of your ideology, and to be left alone and away from these political bubbles.

Honey feminism is equality of the sexes as said in beyoncès flawless if u support that us support feminism and that would make u a feminist 

F@ggotry at its finest

StarstruckIllusion

Dylan shouting out Chappel Roan oh now that’s taste…

• Like 2

olive specter
32 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

first of all, call yourself what you want. 

people shouldn't pressure you to label yourself.

but don't you think that the mentality of "i won't call myself a feminist, because the expectations and different opinions etc." will only make the group more and more radical and extreme? and people with different opinions and views are exactly what the group needs to actually be healthy and working?

• Like 1

faysalaaa1
1 minute ago, olivia specter said:

first of all, call yourself what you want. 

people shouldn't pressure you to label yourself.

but don't you think that the mentality of "i won't call myself a feminist, because the expectations and different opinions etc." will only make the group more and more radical and extreme? and people with different opinions and views are exactly what the group needs to actually be healthy and working?

I do agree with that, but mentally I cant do that, it takes alot of fighting and handling group thinking to do it. Ive done it and it was the worst time of my life, and I dont think these groups deserve my mental health. This is why I stopped being an activist, because im a very independent thinker, and groups dont like that.

• Like 1

olive specter
Just now, faysalaaa1 said:

I do agree with that, but mentally I cant do that, it takes alot of fighting and handling group thinking to do it. Ive done it and it was the worst time of my life, and I dont think these groups deserve my mental health. This is why I stopped being an activist, because im a very independent thinker, and groups dont like that.

fair enough, i understand.

• Thanks 1

Rat Q
3 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Hmmm I dont know about all this, I just think shes cringe, which is okay. I find Gaga very cringe, but I love her alot, it’s not really a bad thing to be cringe.

TFgeh1710547592.jpg

💝🙂

"Hesperus is Phosphorus"
  • Thanks 1