Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

What do 👹 and 🖤mean to you?

Dennis

Featured Posts

palma

Wishful thinker here. I think it may symbolize her twisted love (how to say, like a Bad Romance of sorts :sis:) for her artistry and creative process. Between ARTPOP and Chromatica Gaga seemed to almost dismantle her(former)self to prove that she's bigger than a pop machine and a true artist. 

I think the mixed reception to the stripped-back sound and themes of Joanne vs the universal acclaim to ASIB might have perhaps upset her. It was almost like when she sang about her personal traumas in an attempt to fix some deep-rooted issues her art did not make much noise (nor was she able to comfort her dad). While the same stripped-back sound smashed harder than anything she'd released since 2010 when she wrote the songs through the perspective of a fictional character. It's like when she presents her own pain through art, it doesn't matter but when she is a vessel for the emotions of this girl she played, the whole world sings along. 

Chromatica to me feels like the least Gaga studio album that she ever released because I think while the lyrical content is indeed deeply personal, she was more concerned with her work being a "Lady Gaga returns to form" album and she is not connected to the album as passionately as, say, Born This Way. In my head I see Bloodpop trying to craft a less-messier version of ARTPOP and BTW to please her fans as well as the critics while Gaga was not as driven as before to get involved in the creative process. This is all my personal take of course and I am not a Chromatica hater, it's probably my most streamed album. :huntyga:

I expect this album to be a conciliation between her personal self and her larger-than-life artistic persona. At this point in her career she has nothing to prove commercially and artistically and I believe it will reflect well on her. She'll go from "my biggest enemy is Lady Gaga" to "I am a weirdo and I make sick music, it doesn't mean I am not being authentic." :firega:

Sorry for the essay :bear:

Edited by palma
Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?
  • Like 3
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Killa

In the chaos of chromatica, underneath the brutal architecture of the post war of the clans lied a deeper monster, a pulsating heart lingered in the darkness

goth organ synths start

Starmie25
15 minutes ago, Killa said:

In the chaos of chromatica, underneath the brutal architecture of the post war of the clans lied a deeper monster, a pulsating heart lingered in the darkness

goth organ synths start

imnotyourbabe10

While I’m back on the clown train with y’all, what in the late stage capitalism are we doing reading into emojis? :ladyhaha:  (Not just us, but her own bread crumb trail, the Kesha comment, etc).

What a time to be alive and a stan. The last time I felt this delusional was pre-Joanne era :enigma:

ps, I know I’m writing from a phone made in China through the cult of the celebrity and LSC. Just holding out for more from our lady as the world collapses. :pray:

• Love 1

M i K E Y
5 hours ago, highongaga said:

i think gaga's gonna take us somewhere rlly dark and maybe ****ed up, a la david bowie's thin white duke, at least that's the vibe i got from her insta posts

GF2_6irWIAALmy6?format=jpg&name=medium

5696760310_e877a846b3_w.jpg

This would be so amazing. Gaga and Bowie are one of my absolute favorite artists :kry:

• Like 1

Fck I luv Art
35 minutes ago, M i K E Y said:

This would be so amazing. Gaga and Bowie are one of my absolute favorite artists :kry:

Omg if it's true :holdmyhand:

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤
  • Love 1

Nite

I know🖤mostly from metalhead circles, like a metal heart, so that's what I'm leaning towards :lolly:

I didn't interpret the 👹 as a devil either and saw one of those Wild Things and connected it to the Troggs song :nooo:

Fck I luv Art

Freakin Heart of Coal :firega:

Fck I luv Art
21 minutes ago, Nite said:

I know🖤mostly from metalhead circles, like a metal heart, so that's what I'm leaning towards :lolly:

I didn't interpret the 👹 as a devil either and saw one of those Wild Things and connected it to the Troggs song :nooo:

Really ??? Omgggg Metalga is back ? 

Controversiaga

Inner demons 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”