question

RIP to a great GGD member

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

SOON

Oh my... I loved her and she was so sweet, may she rest in peace :ohno:

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

Computer

I'm so sorry to hear this, and so sad for this loss and for her struggles.  :(:heart:

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Chromatislaps

omg no! Im truly at a loss for words...Rest in peace Chic 

weed

This is so terrible. I'm shaking. 

She was a great person, doing the best she can in this terrible evil world. We followed each other on insta, we talked for varying periods. I can't seem to find her account. 

She was so strong, so beautiful, so passionate. 

She was an inspiration for transitioning, going through with her truth despite the vitriol she faced. I remember her getting engaged at some point. So devastating. 

Rest in Peace, I hope heaven is everything you ever dreamed of. 

Edited by weed
  • Love 3

StrawberryBlond

Just wanted to say thank you to all who gave the outpouring of support I received for my post explaining who Chic was and giving a eulogy of sorts. I don't know if it was all that and I didn't know her well enough to make it more detailed or meaningful but I did the best I could. Your acknowledgement of it through your many reactions was a great comfort to me in this whirlwind of emotion I've had since this sad news. I hope we can find out some more details soon enough, in the most sensitive and respectful way, of course. Much love to everyone who showed understanding at this time to me and all who knew her. :heart:

• Love 7

dit

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nooooo :( omg she used to reply to my posts and answer me when no one answrs me because sometimes I write things not many can understand probably. She used to say such nice things and response in such a sweetheart way and entertain my mess. I am devastated. I am sad I didnt get to know her more when I think she probably wanted to get to know me more I think. I'm sobbing rn

May she rest in peace. I am sending her loved ones, family and friends all my positive energy in this difficult time. She impacted me just with her sweet replies here so imagine the people who knew her on a deeper level / personally :( so heartbreaking 

• Love 3

BabylonChristmas

I haven't talked with Chic at all, but I'm sad she had to deal with all of this, and that she had to struggle so much just to be accepted by the people around her. She's still loved by us here on GGD even in the afterlife, and that the memories made will live on with y'all

Edited by BabylonChristmas
When I was young, I prayed for lightning 🎧
  • Love 1

Okinawa
On 2/6/2024 at 9:15 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

I can't think why she would just leave without comment or tell anyone why.

These are very sad news but we don't really know :traumatica:

Edited by Okinawa
~We are Reel Cool~

StrawberryBlond
3 hours ago, Okinawa said:

These are very sad news but they also rely on speculation :traumatica: :(

It is indeed a cause for concern when something like this occurs.

It can mean a tragic suicide. But only if it is viewed from a certain perspective in which non-response is equated with suicide - this is a rational approach to view things but the thing is, when Chic/Nikki feels extremely sad, this rational approach may no longer apply.

I can tell you that there were difficult years in my life after I had traumatic experiences and I couldn't cope with the traumatic experiences. At some point I had the courage to talk about it online, but at some point I felt like I was becoming a burden to others, that I no longer had happy news for others, that others were caring out of pity, and that this was a circle of depressing news. Even though others may not have seen it that way, that painful feeling was there. I then left another forum without any response (it was a Britney Spears forum) after being active there for years and having over 300 "friends" (some of them friends without quotes). I imagine Chica/Nikki perhaps felt like she was a burden and left without notice because she felt too sad for social communication. She was at a point where nothing made sense, but this does not necessarily mean she did suicide, althought I cannot exclude it either. There are several friendships that people make and people sometimes believe they will last a long time, but at least a few of them suddenly and abruptly stop and this makes us sad and we cannot understand it but it happens and in these cases people usually don't assume the other person did suicide if that person wasn't sad before; it is a cause of concern that Nikki was very sad but this does not mean she is not alive now.

Personally, I believe that Chica/Nikki is still alive and continues to suffer, but is going her own way. When people leave without notice, they may feel too sad and they do not come back because they do not want it for personal reasons; one reason likely could be, that they have no positive news to tell and suffer when others ask them how they feel.

While I understand your theory and while I wondered if she was alive but just dealing with her issues privately, the FB post linked in the OP really says it all. She's written about in past tense and references are given to understanding her 'final decision.' 'she was never given enough appreciation' and 'thank you for your time with us.' These are the things that you only say about someone who's passed and a 'final decision' could only suggest suicide specifically and really leaves no room for alternative interpretation. 

Okinawa
16 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

While I understand your theory and while I wondered if she was alive but just dealing with her issues privately, the FB post linked in the OP really says it all. She's written about in past tense and references are given to understanding her 'final decision.' 'she was never given enough appreciation' and 'thank you for your time with us.' These are the things that you only say about someone who's passed and a 'final decision' could only suggest suicide specifically and really leaves no room for alternative interpretation. 

It appears to me that the author of the post came to this assumption after Nikki was no longer available and after he knew that she was very sad, and that he came to this assumption because he thought it was likely suicide, because he believed this is what most likely happened because he could not think of an alternative explanation or deemed it too unlikely.  While I definitely agree with you that his words definitely mean suicide, these words are clear because they are already his personal interpretation, and not necessarily factual reality, although they may base on it (we don't know?). Perhaps he has heard it from a friend who likewise interpreted it in this way and believed it as she was unreachable to him, which has lead him to write this.

There is no definitive confirmation of her suicide in his post in the sense that the author is talking about factual concrete information in the sense that it is "sure", "real report" exists of it, that he "truly knows it",  he is a source of this info but he does not mention his source (which means that he becomes the source), and without a source I cannot tell you whether this is a personal interpretation or reality. 

That being said, of course, your conclusion could be right. I do believe though, personally, just me, that the probability is higher that she is still alive and that she possibly is not reachable anymore because her sadness reached a level where she could not interact or did not want to do with social connections anymore.

@ChicaSkas What do you think about my "theory"? Have you found new info about it? If I write something wrong, you may correct me.

~We are Reel Cool~

pink sushi
On 2/6/2024 at 5:35 PM, ChicaSkas said:

Exactly. I recently joined a for-pay people search site to find my mom's old high school friends for her reunion. So I've had a ton of new found experience with that site to find folks. Well.... I tried every combo of Nicole, Hudson, Savarino, and New York and I still can't find an obituary. It's frustrating until I remembered deadnames.

She probably simply doesn’t have an obituary. They usually cost money and I can see how a lot of families wouldn’t want to be so public with their private matters. Especially if she died from suicide at a young age. 

• 3 weeks later...
Justin Drew Bieber

May she rest in peace. We had a few conversations before, she was a really sweet woman. :heart:

• Love 1