Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

If Joker Trailer Does Premiere Before Dune…

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

so as we’ve discussed, studios love to premiere big trailers in front of movies from their own studio. (by premiere, i mean post online on wednesday or thursday the week the movie is coming out so that it can play in front of the movie in theaters opening weekend.) 

the studios often make sure these trailers get the slot right before the movie starts, as that is the most seen one. 

since joker is a warner bros movie, people have been widely speculating that the trailer could premiere the week of dune, which is arguably warner bros’ biggest movie of the year. 

dune screenings have begun for industry folks, and the reactions have been incredible. rumors going around the industry are comparing it to the dark night and to the empire strikes back. this movie could be HUGE. 

maybe this isn’t exciting to some people, but i am practically giddy thinking about how many people are going to see gaga’s trailer right before dune starts if this movie is as big as industry folks are starting to think it will be (and if the trailer actually is being packaged with dune). 

joker’s massive promo campaign may be starting off with a giant bang !!

i’m seeing dune opening night in IMAX. cannot wait to see ACADEMY AWARD WINNER LADY GAGA plastered on a giant imax screen for the first time.

here are some tweets about dune reactions:

Edited by EGOT2027
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 7
  • Love 3

EGOT2027

even if this thread flops, i don’t care. i had fun writing it!!

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 5

Noah

Oh yes, absolutely, the halo effect will hopefully be glorious! I also think Jokers Trailer will be striking enough to stick out amongst other Studios/Movies that are trying something similar. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

ALGAYDO

Why did I think Dune 2 was coming out in the summer :icant:

Anyway, we have less than a month until the premiere, so less than 4 weeks from potentially having the first teaser/trailer for FAD :enigma:

EGOT2027
7 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Why did I think Dune 2 was coming out in the summer :icant:

Anyway, we have less than a month until the premiere, so less than 4 weeks from potentially having the first teaser/trailer for FAD :enigma:

does anyone else remember the high from when there were rumors that the ASIB trailer could be dropping, but it definitely wasn’t a sure thing at all. and then bam gaga just posted it. that trailer was truly amazing and broke the internet. suddenly all the locals were like “wait this might actually be really good?!?!!!!” (i still think the trailer made the movie look better than it is haha. such an amazing trailer.) i’ll never forget being in theaters during that year and hearing older people gasp and say “that’s lady gaga?!?!!!” once her name flashed at the end of the trailer.

anyway, the high on this website that day was unparalleled. i think there was a WB movie coming out that week so we thought maybe just maybe it might be coming? and then suddenly (i think at 9am PT / 12pm ET) gaga posted it. and her career was never the same

• YAAAS 2

androiduser
9 minutes ago, EGOT2027 said:

i’ll never forget being in theaters during that year and hearing older people gasp and say “that’s lady gaga?!?!!!” once her name flashed at the end of the trailer.

I ACTUALLY heard the same thing in the middle of the actual movie.... some younger guy realized it's Gaga in the middle of the movie :udidnt:

• LMAO 3
  • Shook 1

Reality

A trailer premiere for Dune 2 would make a lot of sense. Joker 2 is DC's only movie coming out this year, so I feel like the marketing campaign is going to go hard, especially since they know Gaga's going to carry a lot of the marketing. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if we got something for the Super Bowl or Valentine's Day. Maybe not a full-length trailer, but like a short teaser or something. Ideally they'd do a little teasing one of those days and then drop the first trailer along with Dune. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Like 3

RAMROD

They will premiere the trailer at the Superbowl if they want to start big. And then put it in front of Dune 2

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

palma

I think the trailer before Dune 2 is (should be) a given for a movie of this scale. A teaser on the Valentine's Day would make complete sense too. Some ad during the Superbowl would be amazing but I've learned to minimize my expectations the hard way so :traumatica:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?

Reality
8 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

They will premiere the trailer at the Superbowl if they want to start big. And then put it in front of Dune 2

Deadpool 3 is going to have a trailer at the Super Bowl, so I don't think they'll do it there tbh. I feel like Joker would be overshadowed by it. They could do Valentine's Day since it goes with the themes of the movie and it's only a few days later.

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

GAMS

Oh, absolutely. Even if it's a teaser trailer, they would be stupid not to include it.

GAMS, gay popstar

skaxboy

I hope even a quick 15 second teaser either for the Super Bowl or Dune. Dune premieres on March 1st, so that’s about 7 months until FAD. 

Furiosa is also WB and will be released at the end of May. 

Deadpool 3 at the end of July might have something even tho it’s not WB.

San Diego Comic Con is also end of July so I definitely expect something by then. 

LateToCult
3 hours ago, EGOT2027 said:

dune screenings have begun for industry folks, and the reactions have been incredible. rumors going around the industry are comparing it to the dark night and to the empire strikes back. this movie could be HUGE.

If Dune 2 is universally acclaimed I can see Warner Bros pushing this for the Oscars:

Best Picture: Dune 2

Best Actor: Timothee (Joaquin might be a tougher sell this time because he won fairly recently and it would be the THIRD win for a Joker portrayal)

Best Actress: Gaga  (possibly Anya for Furiosa if Joker 2 somehow bombs catastrophically and Furiosa over performs)

Best Supporting Actress: Zendaya (unless Zazie Beetz surprises in her role)

Maybe no major push for supporting actor this time around?

Edited by LateToCult
  • Like 1

EGOT2027
24 minutes ago, skaxboy said:

I hope even a quick 15 second teaser either for the Super Bowl or Dune. Dune premieres on March 1st, so that’s about 7 months until FAD. 

Furiosa is also WB and will be released at the end of May. 

Deadpool 3 at the end of July might have something even tho it’s not WB.

San Diego Comic Con is also end of July so I definitely expect something by then. 

for what it’s worth, joker 1 came out on the same day, and its trailer premiered in april. i don’t think it’s that out there to think they might start promoting this one slightly earlier, considering they’ve been teasing it for over a year already. 

plus, they’ve had almost an entire year extra of post

Tinnitus15

Probably. WB  confirmed they’ll show something from Joker 2 at comic con in April.  

Edited by Tinnitus15