šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
brand

Nintendo Switch 2 Speculation Thread

homomo

Featured Posts

homomo

Welcome to the Switch 2 speculation & eventual release thread, NintengaysĀ :vegas:

3ccd1422-9468-4627-816b-854a4994c683._CR

While not yet announced by Nintendo, the sequel to the Nintendo Switch is expected to launch in 2024 - as confirmed by various reputable news outlets, industry workers, and other sources.

Switch 2 Rumours Timeline

Spoiler

December 18th, 2019 - nvidia announces the Orin SoC* as a successor to the Tegra line. Only noteworthy in this because of what gets leaked later.

January 26th 2021 - A photo of the T234 winds its way onto Wikipedia. Nvidia technical briefs for the Orin arrive later in November 2021 and continue through 2022.

March 26th 2021 - Prolific nvidia leaker kopite7kimi claims the Switch Pro/2 SoC will be Tegra Orin and says that an Ada [Lovelace] GPC* is possible. This leaker has been considered reliable for correctly leaking details of the whole Ampere series of GPUs. We know that the Orin has 2x GPCs so it's possible we can have Ampere+Lovelace cores at this point.

June 11th, 2021 - kopite7kimi reveals the Switch Pro SoC Variant Leaked as being the T239, a variant of the T234.

Codename is "Black Knight". We've not really treated to many more details at this point other than the T-name.

March 1st, 2022 - nvidia DLSS Source Code leak reveals

NVN2 API with DLSS 2.2 support on the T239 SoC.

Notable because NVN is the name of the API* that the Switch uses to talk to the existing Tegra hardware. It's reasonable to assume NVN2 is the Switch successor's API.

September 20th, 2022 - nvidia leaked as adding support for T239 Chip to Linux Kernal. Official corroboration of the existence of the T239 chip with details of the SoC's layout. This part isn't rumor, but speculation on what the T239 is for is still based on rumor. Technical details of the layout of the chip are confirmed here.

December 27th 2022 - Digital Foundary states a mid-generation upgrade of the Switch has been cancelled. My guess here is that Nintendo's custom T239 chip is getting a revamp because the Ampere architecture (RTX30) is getting old, being a 2019 chip on a 2022 SoC. Which brings us to...

March 21st 2023 - Samsung insider OreXda leaks the Switch 2 will be built on Samsung's 5LPP* process. We have a degree of reliability from this leaker again for correctly leaking Samsung phones. This was the original process node for the for the nvidia RTX40 (Lovelace) series of PC GPUs before plans were leaked to have changed in August 2021. On the same day, there's backtracking saying that because nvidia cancelled Atlan (the followup to Orin) the Samsung 5LPP plans were changed, too.

September 14th 2023 - Kopite7kimi confirms that the SoC uses a Samsung 8nm GPU - effectively confirming Ampere on the T239.

January 9th 2024 - Taiwanese Economic Forum reports of 8GB RAM, T239 and 64GB storage plus a 120hz screen. This would corroborate a specific model of the Tegra Orin coming.

As of Feb 3rd, the latest rumours are pointing to a showcase within the next month (possibly next week?), and pre-orders becoming available soon thereafter.

• YAAAS 4

RAMROD

I am ready for it since last year, and for new Pokemon & Mario Kart 9 too! :woot:

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

homomo
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

I am ready for it since last year, and for new Pokemon & Mario Kart 9 too! :woot:

We are so overdue for a new Mario KartĀ :giveup:

I feel itā€™s gonna launch with one or a combination of either Metroid Prime 4, Mario Kart 9, and/or a new 3D Mario game.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

River

Feb Direct will not show Switch 2, it will be Peach Showtime , Luigi's Mansion remake and Paper Mario remake focused. they will most likely just tease a game + switch 2, but no official announcement.

I believe that April-May announcement with Autumn release October-November.

Je ne parle pas franƧais but I can padam if you like
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

RAMROD
22 minutes ago, homomo said:

I feel itā€™s gonna launch with one or a combination of either Metroid Prime 4, Mario Kart 9, and/or a new 3D Mario game.

Seriously, we do! :diane:

The fact that Kart 8 can lasted the whole Switch run is amazing though!

A new 3D would be great as well

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

RudraCNG

I expect it will be out this fall. I already have some money saved to buy it. I hope we get more new games and less ports/remakes this gen. I am a bit disappointed with Switch gen bc since Iwata passed away the number of "unconventional"/exotic games as for example Kid Icarus Uprising, Tingle Rosy Rupeeland, The Wonderful 101, Hotel Dusk or Rhythm Heaven has declined and now Nintendo play it more "safe" than ever, even when Switch has sold so many units. Of course I still love their games (Mario Odyssey is my favorite Mario ever) so I'll be there day one.

Oh, and please please please please be backwards compatible! I still have a lot of Switch games to play and replay!

Edited by RudraCNG
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Awakened M

LG7 and Switch 2 have been my anticipated releases for the year. While I tend to enjoy what the end products are, the reception of peers kinda ruin it for me.Ā 

I hope Switch 2 has the robust library the Gamecube had, but with the polish. This would mean Mario Kart 9 needs some Double Dash func! Pleaseeee!:messga:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 2

Ultimecia
1 hour ago, RudraCNG said:

Kid Icarus Uprising, Tingle Rosy Rupeeland

You just named two of my favorite games of all time :giveup:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Love 1

bionic

Is it DEFINITELY coming this year? I know a lot of speculation is aimed toward holiday season 2024 but my gut is telling me 2025 is IT

buy bionic

Okinawa
2 hours ago, homomo said:

Ā 

Yeeees, but sth is telling me we will still have to wait a couple of years b/c MK 8 just got an expansion in 2023 and is still heavily played. Nintendo may wait longer.

1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

Ā 

The fact that Kart 8 can lasted the whole Switch run is amazing though!

Ā 

It is incredible that MK 8 has 96 tracks but tbh I don't enjoy them so much b/c MK 8 kinda feels too simplified. One cannot fall of the track anymore. Lakitu immediately comes. One cannot explore tracks anymore. Item explosions last less long and are less powerful than in previous MKs. The tracks are very wide. I want MK 9 to be more challenging, more similair to Double Dash and MKDS.

I think Switch 2 is coming, but I don't know if I will be buying the first modell. You know, there is a risk and is it wise? I will be waiting for the second modell. When NDS was released, it was good, but NDS Lite was better. When Wii U was released, it turned out to be a flop. The further modells of Switch were better.

~We are Reel Cool~
  • Like 1

River
37 minutes ago, bionic said:

Is it DEFINITELY coming this year? I know a lot of speculation is aimed toward holiday season 2024 but my gut is telling me 2025 is IT

the lineup for the rest of the year is mostly remakes/remasters, it's Nintendo's "endgame", Peach Showtime is the only original game this year for the OG Switch

Je ne parle pas franƧais but I can padam if you like

BillieGOAT

Hoping an new pokemon gen comes out with the consoleĀ :excited2:

or at LEAST the Black & White remakesĀ 

Eido

From what I know NS2 games will be featured in June's Ubisoft conference

Ā 

Can't say anything more than thatĀ