Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Clip of Ayo dragging JLo resurfaced before SNL

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

Oh she clocked JLo but I just bet she’s got the anxiety sh*ts of the century knowing she has to cohost with her and that JLo is fully aware of the clip. :icant:

Edited by LateToCult
  • LMAO 22
  • YAAAS 1

Monstermilo

i dont even stan JLO but why is it okay to drag certain women, but when its your fave, you say its anti feminist????

Edited by Monstermilo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Ladle Ghoulash
1 minute ago, Monstermilo said:

i dont even stan JLO but why is it okay to drag certain women, but when its your fave, you say its anti feminist????

It’s a safe space, you can say Taylor lmao 

• LMAO 14

Monstermilo
1 minute ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

It’s a safe space, you can say Taylor lmao 

you said it, i didnt:triggered:

• LMAO 1

Emvee
4 minutes ago, Monstermilo said:

i dont get the JLO hate, shes a brown woman simply doing what white women have gotten away with for ages. 

britney spears cant sing for **** and has never sung live and is praised as a legend

It’s like the Rachel Zegler / Renee Rapp situation. They both say stupid ****, but one gets absolutely dragged by the entire internet and the other gets praised and defended all day long. 

It’s sus :yennefer:

• Like 3

Controversiaga

I’m not a fan of ayo either. One of the worst songs from that album 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 33
  • YAAAS 3

HIM820

People really have no knowledge of the popular vocal mixing styles of the late 90s/early 2000s when she debuted, which is fine I guess because that shouldn’t be common knowledge but when you use it as material for jokes it just doesn’t make sense for people who do know. I took classes in college that briefly covered this but it was quite common for artists, especially R&B to keep demo vocals on their records. Tons of reasons for it but it can give a “girl group” type of sound to a solo artist. JLo always sings the verses and then does ad libs or is layered on top of the demo vocal on choruses- again quite common. The singers are all credited too. Whether someone personally didn’t know about it isn’t her scamming or lying. They would have said it was demo vocals when the songs came out. 

There are tons of examples of this from popular artists, especially on popular songs we all listen to but nobody seems to care. Have your opinions on the practice sure, but to act as if she’s the only popular artist that did this is incredibly dumb. 

Edited by HIM820
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Red

I didn’t know J-Lo had a ghost singer :duck:And the ghost singer isn’t even great, it seems :bear:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 2

LateToCult

“Taylor Swift” “Rachel Ziegler” “Renee Rapp”

SClYF.gif

• Like 1

faysalaaa1
20 minutes ago, Monstermilo said:

I dont think anyone thinks this way? Only certain kind of people do..

Edited by faysalaaa1
  • Like 1

faysalaaa1
11 minutes ago, Red said:

I didn’t know J-Lo had a ghost singer :duck:And the ghost singer isn’t even great, it seems :bear:

The ghost singer is Ashanti lol its not a big deal, and she only did it on some songs, alot of singers did it at the time. But J.Lo got known for it because Ashanti is also a celebrity that spoke about it.

Edited by faysalaaa1

skaxboy

Christina Milian, Meghan Trainor, and Ashanti’s checks have cleared. They should be getting royalties. Their background vocals are in the songs and were left unaltered. I don’t think JLo ever said “That’s all me singing in every track.” 

She doesn’t have the strongest vocals but the does have that X factor. She can dance, she turns looks, she has a collection of bops, she can entertain. I’m not a stan or anything but from her live performances she does pretty good. 

Support the background vocalists music if you are upset with JLo. Christina Milian has some great songs, I think Whatever U Want should be a lipsync song. Ashanti’s debut album was big and I was so into it. Second did good. Third kinda fizzled. She hasn’t had a big hit in ages. Meghan’s last album came and went and even got rereleased. 
116316df708b413573c66bad6d357d52710e8e47

• Like 2

NCgaga

I can’t stand Jlo’s voice, but…..

Jlo sings her verses. The verses are always Jlo- the choruses of some of her older songs were layered heavily with Christina Milian, Ashanti, and Meghan Trainor- but Jlo always sings on the verses. These haters are trying to take Jlo’s credibility away from her. She isn’t a vocalist, and I don’t like her voice, but she sings about as well as other dance singers(Janet J, Paula Abdul,etc.)  It’s just a fad to drag her. At one point, Britney’s Dad hired a vocalist to do the full verse and chorus of some of her songs, yet her ass keeps getting praised by some of you. 

Edited by NCgaga
  • Like 2

RAMROD

The comments in here are going all over the place :air:

Ayo is not the first person saying this, and will not be the last. It is just public opinion. And this opinion especially prevalent in black American communities, because mainly Jlo was trying to attract this crowd the most since the start of her singing career. But since Ayo is a rising star, this is becoming bigger than it should. Big deal. Hope they can talk backstage lmao

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Reality

Am I weird for thinking this a completely normal take? I don't hate JLo, but I don't love her either. I'm very indifferent towards her, but regardless of that, Ayo's talking like a completely normal person here. Like, she's not making this grand statement or something. She's just having a conversation with someone on a podcast, and truthfully, it sounds like the way a lot of y'all talk about various artists too. 

It's so weird to me that stan culture and people online can say the most heinous and outrageous things about celebrities but the moment that another celebrity says something mildly offensive—if you can even call what Ayo said here "offensive"—about another celebrity people wanna act like saints. It ain't that big of a deal.

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 8