other

John Galliano closes Paris Couture Week with historic Maison Margiela show

elijahfan

Featured Posts

elijahfan
25 minutes ago, VTV said:

Im sorry but this aint it for me. 

Its looks dated.

Well, technically it's inspired by the French Belle Époque, so... It should be viewed as a fantasy and not necessarily something that's trying to be current. This is couture we're talking about.

Edited by elijahfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rifek
2 hours ago, elijahfan said:

The porcelain neck plates are actually polished leather... :duck: Made by the same guy who did the Mugler moulded corsetry for Beyoncé's tour.

GEtkqumWkAAoVWm.jpg

Is that the principal from Wednesday series? :shocked:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

elijahfan
1 minute ago, Rifek said:

Is that the principal from Wednesday series? :shocked:

Gwendoline Christie, yes

• Shook 1

Edonis

Serve after serve. This is the kind of drama we've been missing from the runways for years...too bad Galliano has to be tied to it lol

• Like 1

Catnikko
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

I believe he's made it clear he wasn't in the right state of mind and obviously didn't mean a word he said. He's also paid the price for his mistake a long time ago. This is neither a tribunal nor the place for this debate so I'd appreciate if we'd keep this about fashion.

soz i couldn't help but respond to this.. who tf says 

Spoiler

“I love Hitler. People like you would be dead. Your mothers, your forefathers, would all be ****ing gassed.”

no matter what state you're in :air: that is not an excuse and it's wrong to use any type off substance abuse as an excuse for saying that

but anyways sorry, had to say it

Edited by Catnikko
Actual patient
  • Like 2

dberrin
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

I believe he's made it clear he wasn't in the right state of mind and obviously didn't mean a word he said. He's also paid the price for his mistake a long time ago. This is neither a tribunal nor the place for this debate so I'd appreciate if we'd keep this about fashion.

You need to calm down.

• Shook 1

boyerased

If not for the mess that was his fall from grace and firing from Dior—we probably would’ve already gotten a MET retrospective about Galliano. He deserved what he got 

This is just sublime. His dressmaking is second to none. The way he works with fabrics—take away the theatrics and you still have cleverly constructed pieces. Not to mention Pat McGrath’s makeup. 

As disgusting as he is, he’s probably the greatest couturier of the last three decades. 

Reject False Icons

Im hyped, this is his most viral collection in years I hope this take us to the 90s & 00s popularity levels where the girls and the gays were hesitant for the newest Galliano and McQueen shows :firega:

I loooove the porcelain make up, the style is so classic Galliano with the white faces, thin line brows and vibrant colors, Path McGrath is a GENIUS :saladga: I’m just getting to know her and I adore her work, her duo with Galliano is unmatched, I wish she worked with Gaga more :staymad:

the leather work is perfection :queenga: the old dolls style is so romantic this is pure Galliano I adore him 

• Thanks 1

vanus

Honestly it made me tear up, never thought there was a chance i could expirience the golden age of fashion ever agin but i did last night, this looks like a big comeback and a middle finger to today’s fashion industry and society
i hope this event changes the future of fashion a bit bcs we are tired od medicrity

and i would love if gaga does something cool with this collection

imma cut a bitch
  • Like 2

franminervini

The show was absolutely mesmerising. This actually feels Haute Couture, if you compare it to shows like Chanel. Night and day, literally.

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!
  • Like 1

elijahfan
12 hours ago, dberrin said:

You need to calm down.

I'm very calm. However, you need to take your debate elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

elijahfan
2 hours ago, franminervini said:

The show was absolutely mesmerising. This actually feels Haute Couture, if you compare it to shows like Chanel. Night and day, literally.

This is what happens when you put actual creatives at the helm of fashion houses and let them do what they were hired to do. The overwhelming reaction to this show goes out to prove how tired we all were of the state the fashion industry found itself in nowadays...

• Like 1

elijahfan
2 hours ago, vanus said:

Honestly it made me tear up, never thought there was a chance i could expirience the golden age of fashion ever agin but i did last night, this looks like a big comeback and a middle finger to today’s fashion industry and society
i hope this event changes the future of fashion a bit bcs we are tired od medicrity

and i would love if gaga does something cool with this collection

I hope Gaga gives this collection some love, tho I'm not sure it will fit the aesthetic of whatever she's cooking up. But someone will definitely show up at the MET Gala in one of those designs and I'm wondering who.

Edited by elijahfan
  • Like 1

Sunny

Such an insanely talented creator, shame he's a nazi.

Pat slayed that makeup, literally next level. Wish Gaga worked with her Again

I like dancin', and ponies....