đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

John Galliano closes Paris Couture Week with historic Maison Margiela show

elijahfan

Featured Posts

elijahfan

Yesterday, John Galliano closed the Haute Couture Spring Summer 2024 season in Paris with what critics are calling a historic artistic return to form for the British designer. At the helm of Maison Margiela since 2014, he delivered arguably his best collection yet for the house, with many comparing it to his glory days in the late 90s / early 00s designing for both his own house and Dior. This was especially refreshing after a particularly subdued couture season, symptomatic of an industry obsessed with the guarantee of ever growing sales. This is simply the most exciting collection in decades, proving Galliano is still a master at conjuring not only incredible clothes, but an atmosphere and strong story.

00001-maison-margiela-spring-2024-coutur00017-maison-margiela-spring-2024-coutur00019-maison-margiela-spring-2024-coutur00022-maison-margiela-spring-2024-coutur00026-maison-margiela-spring-2024-coutur00043-maison-margiela-spring-2024-coutur

https://www.anothermag.com/fashion-beauty/15383/john-galliano-maison-margiela-ss24-artisanal-show-review-couture

Edited by elijahfan
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 1

lasagna

hate maison margiela and im surprised to see that dickhead is still working

human turd
  • Sad 1

Prigari

It’s Major and super refreshing 

It reminds me his Dior days and I’m obsessed by the first “Mr.Pearl” look

and the plastic masks 🫶

• Like 2

JohnnyVersace
3 minutes ago, Prigari said:

and the plastic masks 🫶

It's makeup by Pat McGrath! It's a Kryolan product that makes skin glass-like and peels off.

This show was spectacular. Beyond the clothes, the set, score, makeup, theatricality.....I haven't enjoyed a show this much since McQueen.

• Like 4
  • Love 7

TheSine

Now, this is wonderful. They look like those cute little vintage dolls you'd find in someone's attic. I absolutely adore this.

đź–¤TheSineđź–¤

NATAH
45 minutes ago, dberrin said:

He should have been cancelled

40 minutes ago, lasagna said:

hate maison margiela and im surprised to see that dickhead is still working

what's the tea?!

mother, what must i do?

elijahfan
18 minutes ago, TheSine said:

Now, this is wonderful. They look like those cute little vintage dolls you'd find in someone's attic. I absolutely adore this.

The porcelain neck plates are actually polished leather... :duck: Made by the same guy who did the Mugler moulded corsetry for Beyoncé's tour.

GEtkqumWkAAoVWm.jpg

• Love 2

TheSine
Just now, elijahfan said:

The porcelain neck plates are actually polished leather... :duck: Made by the same guy who did the Mugler moulded corsetry for Beyoncé's tour.

GEtkqumWkAAoVWm.jpg

The amount of things you can do with leather is truely astonishing. That's why I love wearing it so much.:laughga:

đź–¤TheSineđź–¤
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

elijahfan
1 minute ago, NATAH said:

what's the tea?!

He said some bullshit while drunk and depressed years ago which made him lose his job at Dior. But this thread isn't about that and I was hoping to keep it positive, you can easily read more about it online if you're interested.

• Like 1

dberrin
34 minutes ago, NATAH said:

what's the tea?!

He said to people in the street while he was drunk that he loved Hitler and that they should have died during ww2

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

dberrin

It was a bit more than bullshit. But this bring back the question on which no one will agree, should we separate the artist from the person?

• Like 1

Roughhouse Dandy

No clue about the tea brought up on here so I'm gonna just keep it about the collection. 

We're so f***ing back. 

It's been so long since we've had a show like this I thought we'd never see it again after Lee passed. But nah, it was always possible and Sarah Burton is just an embarrassment. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 4

VTV

Im sorry but this aint it for me. 

Its looks dated.

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

elijahfan
1 hour ago, dberrin said:

It was a bit more than bullshit. But this bring back the question on which no one will agree, should we separate the artist from the person?

I believe he's made it clear he wasn't in the right state of mind and obviously didn't mean a word he said. He's also paid the price for his mistake a long time ago. This is neither a tribunal nor the place for this debate so I'd appreciate if we'd keep this about fashion.

• Like 3