💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Danny L Harle says Dua Lipa is going to be one of the last superstars of pop music

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 10
  • YAAAS 1

Controversiaga

lol what ?

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Yaaaas Gaga

I like Dua's music and Future Nostalgia was a moment and defined Lockdown for many people, but she is far from a 'Superstar' in the way that Gaga, Beyonce, Rihanna, Taylor etc all are/were. There is a big difference between having chart success and having a real impact on popular culture. The only new artist in the past 5 years that I think even came close to 'superstar' level is Billie, but even she has struggled to maintain her initial success.

I think actual Superstars within music was lost many years ago and I don't think we'll see the likes again due to the way the entertainment industry is now. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

INNA

Danny is an incredibly talented but underused and underappreciated producer in the realm of working with bigger names. That being said, this kinda reads like sucking up to Dua for taking him on and inevitably getting him some higher popularity collaborations. I just am not seeing the levels of originality, artistry and star power that are being alluded to... her main thing seems to be putting out music about being cool and desirable.

I can't think of any of her work that's especially edgy or that makes a statement of something we haven't heard before. Like @Yaaaas Gaga said, there's a big difference in the quality of what we'd get from Bey or Taylor, as much as yall love to pan her, these are artists who know how to curate a sound and really create a world around their music. Dua just makes bops and it feels much more akin to artists such as Ava Max. Not to drag her specifically but there seems to be a clearly defined identity lacking, outside of being a sexy singer.

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

SevenWonder

I don't think so. Gaga/Taylor/Rihanna were the last true, all-immersive female pop stars. Ariana, Billie, Dua and Olivia are huge. No doubt. But not all-immersive.

It's not there fault. The rise of youtube, streaming, and social media has fragmented pop culture to such a degree that you can't be a Gaga during The Fame era anymore. It's just too easy to not pay attention to current pop stars in a way you couldn't even ten years ago. 

Even Taylor now - and she's HUGE - is pretty easy to avoid if you want. But Taylor during 1989 you could not avoid. That was probably the last truly immersive era in pop, actually. 

I could be totally wrong, of course. 

• Like 4

Togekiss

The monoculture is dying/dead we’ve known this for a while

bring on that pecan pie

Micmaky

I know what he’s trying to stay but superstars will always exist. Harry Styles, Chalamet, Olivia, Billie all have a level of stardom that can only increase in the future. I don’t see why more stars won’t appear