💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Jennifer Lopez's 'Can't Get Enough' gets 123K streams on its 1st full day on Spotify

Teletubby

Featured Posts

RenegAde
34 minutes ago, Babel said:

See ya'll wanted her to sing her own song and this happens

29 minutes ago, skaxboy said:

I guess it Can’t Get Enough streams to be a hit.

I’m not a stan or anything but since ppl like to bring up the Ashanti/Christina Milian/Meghan Trainor vocals, did J Lo not pay them and give them writing credits. Those old songs still get streams and radio play, I’m sure those girls are happy with those royalties. I loved Ashanti when she girls started, her debut was on repeat for me. I liked a lot of the Murder Inc. acts as well. The good sis has been flopping for ages, why don’t these “J Lo has other sing for her”-folks buy her music? I remember her small theater shows with Ja Rule have been available on Groupon in my area in the past. Have a streaming day for her songs to help her out. 

It funny cuz for as much of a "thief" jlo is supposed to be, no artist has EVER called her out over copyright unlike some of her other peers like rihanna and Beyoncé. I guess it's fun to take shots at someone who isn't particularly the media's favourite.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

River

I think the GP had enough:icant:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

bionic

She's about to oust Pentagon-plant Taylor Swift, we love to see it!

buy bionic

River
12 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

It funny cuz for as much of a "thief" jlo is supposed to be, no artist has EVER called her out over copyright unlike some of her other peers like rihanna and Beyoncé. I guess it's fun to take shots at someone who isn't particularly the media's favourite.

Ashanti did actually, she was pretty pissed about the whole situation with I'm Real and Ain't It Funny remixes

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

RenegAde
1 hour ago, River said:

Ashanti did actually, she was pretty pissed about the whole situation with I'm Real and Ain't It Funny remixes

Actually, if you watch the interview ashanti did with bloxillas judgement zone which is the first and only time she has spoken expressly on the issue, she said she was excited when she demo'd the songs for jlo but she wanted to keep I'm Real in particular for herself and she was mad that shady Irv gotti gave it to jlo behind her back. And you know he probably took a large cheque for it too and slighted ashanti off her money . She has never mentioned jlos name on this issue in a negative light cuz she know she's not the only one that has other singers vocals on their tracks. Thankfully ashanti has her proper credit now.

Edited by RenegAde

HIM820
1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

1 hour ago, River said:

She was more upset at the producers, but even that wasn’t taken seriously because it was a standard practice in the industry for awhile. Notice how she doesn’t bring it up constantly? Because she would look like a fool. If the actual business had a problem with it they’d be publicizing it, but then it would look really weird praising an artist like Rihanna’s songs when she has other vocals on them all the time as well. Social media has taken this to such a weird place and it all comes from not having an education on how music was made. There are other things that I have a problem with (ex. Firecracker sample) but that’s mostly with the men who were surrounding these younger female artists. Her having demo vocals on choruses is not an example of stealing and it’s sad the public can just say it is. These YouTube accounts claiming to be pop historians spreading misinformation. 

Edited by HIM820
  • YAAAS 1

doraemon

It's an... "Eh."

Since she's releasing the album with the movie, we have to see the movie before we judge fully btw. I'd rather she just not dropping singles until the album release like what TayTay does. Queen B is a different ballgame, because unlike Renaissance, she just drops both her self-titled and Lemonade movies and album like, "Here you go, compliments from the Chef." and they all raving about it.

HookerDotGov
On 1/12/2024 at 4:05 PM, skaxboy said:

I guess it Can’t Get Enough streams to be a hit.

I’m not a stan or anything but since ppl like to bring up the Ashanti/Christina Milian/Meghan Trainor vocals, did J Lo not pay them and give them writing credits. Those old songs still get streams and radio play, I’m sure those girls are happy with those royalties. I loved Ashanti when she girls started, her debut was on repeat for me. I liked a lot of the Murder Inc. acts as well. The good sis has been flopping for ages, why don’t these “J Lo has other sing for her”-folks buy her music? I remember her small theater shows with Ja Rule have been available on Groupon in my area in the past. Have a streaming day for her songs to help her out. 

Exactly. It's a tired trope and I'm convinced people either are stupid, trolling, or peddle the proven lies cause it's easy engagement. Everything Jennifer has been accused of "stealing" are industry standards most of people's faves are "guilty" of: keeping demo vocals as backing vocals, paying another artist for their song and reworking it, having a label transfer songs between artists, etc. I hear crickets when Rihanna uses Bebe Rexha's vocals for the high notes on Monster or when her label gifted her Consideration which was SZA's focal track for CTRL. I truly wonder how Ashanti feels knowing her entire artistry and legacy amounts to some lame, inaccurate drag people use for hating JLO...

Anyways, Jennifer has not been a chart success since the mid-2000s. I won't say On the Floor was a fluke, but it's a late-career hit that doesn't often repeat itself. I think the song is cute, but not what will be a hit. She's mid-50s, this is her first album in 10 years...a lot has changed. To think she'd smash the charts, fan or not, is delulu. As a fan, I'm just glad she's dropping a full album of music with a film to accompany it and not worrying about chart metrics...

HausOfHarlow
On 1/12/2024 at 2:52 PM, dimitristhe said:

There’s absolutely no demand and it obvious. Jlo heavily promoted the song on her insta and she has A LOT of followers. 
The song it’s horrendous, definitely her worst lead single. Her vocals are dreadful, it’s too repetitive. Even I Luh Ya Papi is better. 
I hope the album is something like AKA, just a bad lead with amazing tracks. 

You bring up an interesting point with the promotion on her Instagram. I am not one to follow many celebrities on instagram as I prefer to keep IG more local to people I know. When I heard the song and saw the visual movie was coming, I gave her a follow. I was shocked to see that she currently has 253,000,000 followers. I even had 10+ people I am close with who follow her. When I mentioned her new song, the people I know had no idea she had new music out. I'm like.... what?? Makes me wonder out of the 253 million followers, how many are a.) real and b.) actually paying attention to what they are following/liking/scrolling. 

dimitristhe
8 hours ago, HausOfHarlow said:

You bring up an interesting point with the promotion on her Instagram. I am not one to follow many celebrities on instagram as I prefer to keep IG more local to people I know. When I heard the song and saw the visual movie was coming, I gave her a follow. I was shocked to see that she currently has 253,000,000 followers. I even had 10+ people I am close with who follow her. When I mentioned her new song, the people I know had no idea she had new music out. I'm like.... what?? Makes me wonder out of the 253 million followers, how many are a.) real and b.) actually paying attention to what they are following/liking/scrolling. 

People don’t really pay attention anymore. They just follow anyone who seems cool. 
I just checked her insta account. The posts about her new song got from 200.000 to 1.000.000 likes. People liked her posts but didn’t listen to the song. In my opinion her followers care more about her appearance, her clothes, the make up and her body than her music. Her most liked posts are non music related. 

Also, judging from her likes and comments, 253 million people follow her and she usually gets under 1 million likes. She definitely bought followers. 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

LostBoyfriend

The **** are y'all talking?!

This is right up my alley. It's soo groovy so smooth, so calm and fresh! It sounds like a cool nice easy fun trip to the beach with the friends.

I loved it.

Agunimon
On 1/12/2024 at 2:54 PM, Blackout19 said:

The song is really bad

Even Blackout19 thinks its a bad song 

Kay Adams Sport GIF by FanDuel

Blackout19
2 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Even Blackout19 thinks its a bad song 

Kay Adams Sport GIF by FanDuel

Nicole Richie Hair Flip GIF

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.