💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lil Nas on Gaga and Madonna’s comparisons

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Rhiannon

Watch him meet Gaga or Madonna one day and you know he will be all up their ass saying how genius they are, how they inspired and helped him and everything :reductive:

Edited by Rhiannon
R.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

Ladle Ghoulash

The fact that the OG tweet claimed that Nicki’s Roman Holiday had “class,” I have to laugh-

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • LMAO 32
  • Thanks 4

PunkTheFunk

A lot of artists like to say "I don't copy anyone, I do my own thing", but the truth is, the inspiration from your idols is already deeply embedded in your subconscious, and it will come through in your work. There is simply no avoiding it. Even Gaga was guilty of this when she tried to distance herself from Madonna, even though it was clearly evident that she idolized her.

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

Ladle Ghoulash

Idk tho, I love that people are acting like they’re unbothered by his religious provocation and yet, there they are, all provoked and **** 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

M i K E Y

He seems very desperate. Why would he even respond to that if he doesn’t give a ****? 

• Like 1

Reality

I mean, he could’ve worded it better, but I see no issue with what he said tbh. I feel like people are making this a bigger deal than it needs to be. Using religion in music has been done for decades upon decades, so I don’t understand why people are complaining about it now. But also, coming from Little Monsters, we’re not ones to speak. Let’s not act like Gaga was received positively when Judas came out or when she started using heavy religious imagery in her music. It’s become appreciated over time, but people weren’t digging her back then for it either.

Clearly he did take inspiration from people like Gaga or Madonna, but yeah, it’s his career at the end of the day and he’s gonna do whatever he wants with it. Btw, to everyone complaining about this, y’all are doing exactly what he wants. He knows that religious imagery is gonna get a reaction out of people and y’all are giving it to him in spades.

Edited by Reality
🃏🖤👹
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Ladle Ghoulash
4 minutes ago, Reality said:

I mean, he could’ve worded it better, but I see no issue with what he said tbh. I feel like people are making this a bigger deal than it needs to be. Using religion in music has been done for decades upon decades, so I don’t understand why people are complaining about it now. But also, coming from Little Monsters, we’re not ones to speak. Let’s not act like Gaga was received positively when Judas came out of when she started using a lot of heavy religious imagery in her music. It’s become appreciated over time, but people weren’t digging her back then for it either.

Clearly he did take inspiration from people like Gaga or Madonna, but yeah, it’s his career at the end of the day and he’s gonna do whatever he wants with it. Btw, to everyone complaining about this, y’all are doing exactly what he wants. He knows that religious imagery is gonna get a reaction out of people and y’all are giving it to him in spades.

Also y’all taking issue with him rejecting the comparisons to Gaga + Madonna as if Gaga didn’t avoid Madonna comparisons like the plague lmao 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ladle Ghoulash
8 minutes ago, M i K E Y said:

He seems very desperate. Why would he even respond to that if he doesn’t give a ****? 

Adds more fuel to the fire so he gets more benefit out of the controversy. Good PR tbh 

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash

Kimmo
21 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

Watch him meet Gaga or Madonna one day and you know he will be all up their ass saying how genius they are, how they inspired and helped him and everything :reductive:

He met Gaga…

E2lRtJTVoAAwZNq.jpg

Hottie Detector
  • LMAO 30

Kimmo
9 hours ago, Admin said:

He’s correct. Leave him alone

Ok boss I deleted my drag in the OP, I’m so sorry sir!!!!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7bba49822ddc267257d

Edited by Kimmo
Hottie Detector
  • LMAO 10

skaxboy

I wasn’t old enough to experience when Madonna did it. I lived for it when Gaga did it. Nicki’s was okay but I say it was more exorcist themed.

He isn’t wrong tho. He is doing his own thing. Why not compare him to other rappers? 2Pac did it. Nas did it. Why compare him to pop girls? Marilyn Manson had an album called Anti-Christ Superstar in the mid-90’s. 

Sure it has all been done before, but it’s his gaudy interpretation of religious imagery. I haven’t heard the song or watched the video, but the images he’s used are pretty on brand and not extremely controversial. The video of him taking shots of wine and eating the wafers is a little bit more provocative than his transformers and single cover art. He’s clearly trolling. He’s always been trolling. 

It’s interesting to see this iconography being done in the modern TikTok age where commentaries are instant and easily visible. 

I just have to laugh at the people acting as if hurting them directly. Some folks have such a persecution fetish. 

Edited by skaxboy
  • Like 3