Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
throwback

Ten Years of Lady Gaga Dragging her Old Management

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/music-news/lady-gaga-hints-at-manager-668575/

In early January 2014, Lady Gaga made a revealing statement on Littlemonsters.com about why the Do What U Want video had not yet been released. She accused her former management of not caring for her health, and she also accused them of using her for money. This came after her much publicized split with them in early November of 2013 just before ARTPOP was released.

Here is the full statement:

"DWUW Video

It is late because, just like with the Applause video unfortunately, I was given a week to plan and execute it. It is very devastating for someone like me, I devote every moment of my life to creating fantasies for you. All my most successful videos were planned over a period of time when I was rested and my creativity was honored. Those who have betrayed me gravely mismanaged my time and health and left me on my own to damage control any problems that ensued as a result. Millions of dollars are not enough for some people. They want billions. Then they need trillions. I was not enough for some people. They wanted more. I am very grateful to the photographers and designers who have always stood by me to make sure my fans are never aware of the things that happen behind the scenes, but unfortunately after my surgery I was too sick, too tired, and too sad to control the damage on my own. My label was not aware that this was going on. The next few months of ARTPOP will truly be its beginning. Because those who did not care about ARTPOP’s success are now gone, and the dreams I have been planning can now come to fruition. Please forgive me that I did not foresee this coming, I never thought after all the years of hard work that those I called friends and partners would ever care so little at a time I needed them the most. Give me a chance to show you the meaning of seeing art all around you. Open your hearts to me again that I may show you the joy of us coming together through our talents, that we are stronger as a unit than when we are alone. Let me be for you the Goddess that I know I truly am, let me show you the visions that have been in my mind for two years. I love you. Forgive me monsters. Forgive me ARTPOP. You are my whole world."

----

Like I said in November, we still have not forgotten about the crimes of people like Troy Carter. We also have not forgotten about how people (like pathetic excuses for news organizations like Pop Trigger) dragged her in vile ways during this time. We haven't forgotten and we won't.

he/him/his
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 12
  • Sad 2

Glamourpuss

I always remember when she first started promoting Artpop. She didn't look ready and I felt like you could see it on her face. 

It was this particular day. It was one of her first appearances after the hip surgery. She didn't look like she was ready mentally and emotionally and she was outspoken about not having enough recovery time. She went through so much when you think about it. Another month or two wouldn't have done any harm. They should have delayed Artpop.

article-2361812-1AC75CF8000005DC-15_634x

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Sad 2

thierryrreiht

It’s also interesting that she was saying “the next few months will truly be ARTPOP’s beginnings”, and all we got more was the G.U.Y video, and a few live performances (SxSW and Roseland). The tour happened from May to November, but within that same period, we changed era with Cheek to Cheek in early August.

So ARTPOP’s true beginning was also its end.. 

• Like 1

Reject False Icons

sad britney spears GIF

feels like reliving these sad times, there were so many things going on that changed her forever.

I wonder if now she is given proper time to prepare her projects cause I now those visions and fantasies that took us to other worlds are still there 

• Like 2

Helxig

The ARTPOP era felt like she was stranded in the middle of a massive lake in a dinghy with nothing but a radio, and she's out there in the sun desperately trying over and over and over to pull start the engine, repetitively ripping the cord out with all her might, it sputters and starts then stops a few feet later, and all the while the people on the shore are berating her over the radio for not getting to shore quicker. The ARTPOP era just struggled to keep it's momentum and it was never for lack of Gaga trying

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

littlepotter

I still remember reading this on lm.com and feeling so sad... 10 years later reading is just as devastating. It feels like this is truly the last time the Gaga we knew opened up her heart and her mind to us, before she started putting up walls and barriers. And maybe that's what she needed to do to save herself and her career, to detach herself from the public. But i can't say i don't miss this vulnerability 

chaeri pls
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

ChicaSkas

@partysick 

All our problems are troy carter.

@Flippy why the heck can I not mention Mr Sick of Parties

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

PartySick
7 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

@PartySick

All our problems are troy carter.

Troy Carter? More like Trash Farter

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!