💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I just realized how bad Xtina’s career got

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

i’m just gonna talk from a chart and numbers perspective cause she’s still selling out shows and stuff and i commend her for still being booked:firega:

but..

i schemed through her charts wiki page and was in for a treat..

last chart entry was in 2013

last top 5 album was in 2010

last #1 album was in 2006

her latest album Aguilera released 2022 failed to chart after selling less then 1k copies first week:nooo:

im shocked cause she still appears everywhere so i didnt know it got THIS bad:nooo:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 6
  • Thanks 1

Reject False Icons

yeah It got really bad since bionic :bear:, I'd blame Perez & the social media snowball but he didn´t have much power and xtina had the chance to change that narrative but she never poured herself back into her career as much as before her family days.

And it's ok if that's what she wants, she herself said her top priority is her family, she still has a core fandom of 30/40 something gays and girlies that supports her projects

I'd probably say the same for Gaga when she starts building a family in a few years :bradley:

Edited by Reject False Icons
  • Like 2

Miichael
8 minutes ago, Reject False Icons said:

she still has a core fandom of 30/40 something gays and girlies that supports her projects

Not me thinking you meant 30-40 individuals :icant:

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018
  • LMAO 44

Blackout19

To be honest I was always thinking that she is kinda overrated. 

Yas, she has a great voice, but her songs... nothing special. 

I think I like 3 or 4 songs from her. 

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.
  • Like 10
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

Modern Ecstacy
1 hour ago, Lighter said:

her latest album Aguilera released 2022 failed to chart after selling less then 1k copies first week:nooo:

Are you serious?! It didn't even chart on the Billboard 200??? That's crazy....

Didymus

Like others, her vocal style just became obsolete. It's quintessentially from another era in music now and she will always be a nostalgic act more than a contemporary one.

She seems to handle it well :vegas:

faysalaaa

She could easily make songs that chart, but its clear shes making choices that matters to her as an artist, and shes not concerned about staying on top.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GAGASEXUAL

Burlesque soundtrack album is one of the greatest albums of all time for me, I wish she would make more songs like those. I can't stand Spanish music, I'm sorry. 

Edited by GAGASEXUAL
  • Thanks 1

Brizel

She is still putting in a lot of effort, she had some beautiful videos for Aguilera , but with a voice and stunning beauty like hers, she should still be able to chart. Her management and poor lead singles, plus marketing all to blame, also the music needs to be more on point, this song below is beautiful but the voice needs a better mixing, it’s a bit too sharp. These details can all play a part 

Edited by Brizel
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Noah
5 hours ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

Are you serious?! It didn't even chart on the Billboard 200??? That's crazy....

It's because it was like a compilation Album, with 11/14 Songs of the Album being released prior already.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Like 3

faysalaaa
11 hours ago, Noah said:

It's because it was like a compilation Album, with 11/14 Songs of the Album being released prior already.

Yeah wasnt the album released in 4 parts? Its obviously not a good strategy, so obviously she doesnt care about charting.

• Like 1

MelbHawker

Musics been average over the last 10 years. She’s still got it, obvs. I hope she makes a huge comeback. She’s one of my fave OG pop girls.

• Thanks 1

Noah
48 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Yeah wasnt the album released in 4 parts? Its obviously not a good strategy, so obviously she doesnt care about charting.

I disagree - the goal was never to chart tho. It was to get a streaming Audience.

Xtina has not had an Album out since 2018, her daily Streams were low. She had also no new Projects planned. The Goal with the EPs was to have consistent releases, since they put you higher on playlists + the algorithm. So what better way to do this with a spanish speaking Album, since Latin Music is one of the biggest Streaming Genres? I mean she also Collab'd with a bunch of famous Latin Music Stars + is rumored to do Singles with more. I think to revive Xtinas Streams + introduce her to a new Audience, this was a good Idea. It also resulted in her winning a Grammy! 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Like 3

Controversiaga

Better late than never 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

jimmytimestep

Let’s also not forget that she made a LOT of money on The Voice and I’m sure her catalogue still generates nice passive income. She’s likely invested shrewdly and wisely and doesn’t need to hustle for money.

I truly don’t think the grind and pressure of being an MPG matters to her; she’s got the cash, loves her family; and after all the muck and hate the industry has dragged her through over the years, I don’t blame her.

id admittedly like to see her Vegas show; she’s clearly still got the goods and always has.

• Like 3
  • Love 1