Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

RuPaul's Drag Race UK vs the World – Season 2 [premier 9 February]

bionic

Featured Posts

hieronymus

Finally watching the episode and it's so much worse than I thought for her. Mayhem is trying to pull leverage that she'll save MARINA SUMMERS at some point if she's in the bottom. You're literally Meh-hem Filler, your past castmastes even joked about it. Your only triumphant drag race performance was gluing gloves together. That win is so incredibly disputed. Monique was right there.

Her label of "legend" is the same as like Honey Davenport and Tina Burner when if you watch their performances on and off drag race , you realize they're only legends because they've lasted a really long time in the scene... and that's about it. 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Reality

I haven't been following the discourse online, so idk what people thought of the episode, but am I crazy for thinking that this was one of the weakest talent shows ever? Aside from Marina's and La Grande Dame, I thought that pretty much everyone else was weak.

But Mayhem...my god. I kinda feel bad because she does seem like a likable queen, and she has a good reputation outside of Drag Race, but it's clear that the competition setting is not for her. 

Marina ATE that up though, and maybe it's because I'm Filipino so I have a ton of bias, but I truly think she has a strong chance of winning the entire season. She was already a very well-rounded queen in Philippines S1 but now she's only elevated. This was a strong start for her. 

I'm not familiar with like half the cast since I didn't watch Down Under, Holland, España, or France S1, but I think they've all made fairly good impressions so far. I kinda expected more from Keta just because I've heard so many great things about her, but she did fine this episode.

I'm surprised that Marina eliminated Mayhem though. I fully expected her to send home Gothy, even though I thought Mayhem deserved to go home. Good for Gothy though. Hopefully she's able to show more personality and be more confident going forward. 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

bionic
5 hours ago, Reality said:

I haven't been following the discourse online, so idk what people thought of the episode, but am I crazy for thinking that this was one of the weakest talent shows ever? Aside from Marina's and La Grande Dame, I thought that pretty much everyone else was weak.

But Mayhem...my god. I kinda feel bad because she does seem like a likable queen, and she has a good reputation outside of Drag Race, but it's clear that the competition setting is not for her. 

Marina ATE that up though, and maybe it's because I'm Filipino so I have a ton of bias, but I truly think she has a strong chance of winning the entire season. She was already a very well-rounded queen in Philippines S1 but now she's only elevated. This was a strong start for her. 

I'm not familiar with like half the cast since I didn't watch Down Under, Holland, España, or France S1, but I think they've all made fairly good impressions so far. I kinda expected more from Keta just because I've heard so many great things about her, but she did fine this episode.

I'm surprised that Marina eliminated Mayhem though. I fully expected her to send home Gothy, even though I thought Mayhem deserved to go home. Good for Gothy though. Hopefully she's able to show more personality and be more confident going forward. 

I think people generally agree it was super weak, from what I've seen

buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

hieronymus
1 hour ago, weed said:

not vTW but I screamed

about to watch now

I mean we know Victoria would EAT but she needs a break

• LMAO 1

PolishSausage91

I really enjoyed this episode.

La Grande Dame screaming France blow my mind 😂

PolishSausage91🌭
  • YAAAS 2

bpmMonkey

Also really enjoyed the episode. I think the thing with Mayham is, that she is a great drag queen and from what I see and hear is very respected in her community but she is just not good at drag race. I think it’s just a very specific game that doesn’t suit everybody, similar to Continental and so on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didymus

The international queens really surprised me, holy hell. I'm tempted to watch their respective seasons now, which is why I appreciate this format. It's fantastic exposure for them and you can tell they want it so bad.

The flipside to that is my surprise at the embarrassingly lackluster offerings of the American/UK queens lol. I mean, geez, these girls would've all gone home e a r l y had they presented **** like that on their own seasons.

Seems like it's more of a contractual obligation than anything for them. Insert regular and still accurate "Wow Presents Plus ruined Drag Race for requiring too much content" argument...

• Like 1

Fantina

No shade but watching the Espana: All Stars talent show before this one was a huge mistake. That talent show showcased drag at the highest level. Absolute chills.

Having said that, Marina and LGD did amazing though. Need to watch their seasons. 

Again, no shade but I love how the international queens brought their A game and then we have US queens just vibing. At least we won't have a repeat of last season with 2 UK and 2 US queens in the top 4. 

Edited by Fantina
Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.
  • YAAAS 1

Levine

My god Marina SLAYED! La Grand Dame too, finally something original.

Mayhem entered like she's the **** "I don't know them, but they know me" only to go home first :rip: I love when the US girls got humbled down when it comes to other international queens.

Hanna Konda surprised me too, such a great voice and I love her positive vibes and attitude. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Juanlittlem
6 minutes ago, Levine said:

Mayhem entered like she's the **** "I don't know them, but they know me" only to go home first :rip: I love when the US girls got humbled down when it comes to other international queens

Her saying both Marina and LGD "I'll have your back" bitch we need receipts, you need to be in the top to be able to save someone :ladyhaha:

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • LMAO 2

bionic
8 minutes ago, Levine said:

My god Marina SLAYED! La Grand Dame too, finally something original.

Mayhem entered like she's the **** "I don't know them, but they know me" only to go home first :rip: I love when the US girls got humbled down when it comes to other international queens.

Hanna Konda surprised me too, such a great voice and I love her positive vibes and attitude. 

fr cant believe mayhem flopped that hard and then had the nerve to try and negotiate an alliance. we've all seen ur track record hun

buy bionic
  • Thanks 1

The Fame Monster

I LOVED the episode! While there were many weak talent show performances, the cast is filled with intriguing, humorous, and stunning queens. It's strange to find myself more excited about this season than the season 16 of the original series.

Spoiler

My absolute favorite is La Grande Dame! I also really like Arantxa Castilla La Mancha, Hannah Conda, Marina Summers, Keta Minaj, and Tia Kofi. I was pleased that Gothy Kendoll was saved because I genuinely hope to see her coming out of her shell in the next episode (though it might be unlikely, at least she has a chance :pawsup::pawsup:).

Find your freedom in the music

NewUsername

Marina or La Grande Dame for the win. Keta third and Tia fourth to keep her in long enough, because she makes good television.

• Like 1