Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Aquaman 2 set to bomb on opening weekend

LateToCult

Featured Posts

Cody James
3 hours ago, LateToCult said:

James Gunn saying Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 were the last films, already casting Superman for the next reboot, Jason Mamoa saying it wasn’t looking too good…the movie never had a chance. :air:

Speaking of a Superman reboot… has anyone else looked at Matt Bomer and thought how iconic would that be for him to be cast in that role? I just feel like visually. He resembles the look and it would be awesome for a gay actor to have that kind of large role under their belt. I have been pleasantly surprised with his performance in Fellow Travelers too!

3 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

They should've waited a bit more to announce the mess they were coming up with. Fans were P1SSED when they announced Henry Cavill was no longer coming back as Superman and they were starting from scratch. Of course the fans completely abandoned this when they found out the movies didn't matter anymore. Then the Amber Heard mess, Aquaman 2 has been just sitting there for like 2+ years I think.

As for the MCU (About superhero fatigue), I hope they get their sh!t together before they start making the X Men movies. I'm only excited to see Deadpool 3 and I absolutely loved Guardians of the Galaxy, Spiderman and Doctor Strange but everything after Endgame has been meh. Shang Chi was ok but Thor, Antman, Black Panther, Eternals, Marvels, etc. all of these movies have been just average. And don't even get me started on all the TV Shows on Disney+ one has to see to keep  up with what's going on lol.

And I'm actually going to watch it today just because one of my friends says he wants to go. :huntyga: 

I think there is just a strong fatigue of DC superheroes, in the last 20 years we had multiple tv shows, movies and cartoon and all of them basically tells the same story and as MCU is moving towards more "human" superheroes with "human" life, the whole DC catalog looks too OP to even tell a good story, also the costumes always looks ridiculous on screen lol

I think Majors outcome will only do good to the MCU, being forced to scrap and delay all the movies will give them more time to actually sit and write good stuff

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • Like 1

RAMROD

I just went :ororomunroe:

Dunno about other place, but my cinema is packed. And everyone's entertained. Lots of kids with their parents. I can see things picking up during the holidays now that it is out in the USA. It seems going to be like the first movie where it sells from good word of mouth. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • YAAAS 1

Flippy

I’m just going to wait for @Creyk’s review :billie:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Future Lovers

It's not superhero fatigue, it's bad movie fatigue. The good super hero movies continue to be successful at the box office. It's not that the genre is losing interest, it's that post-pandemic audiences won't just go see any piece of **** anymore. If a movie doesn't get good word of mouth, audiences will wait for the streaming release. Studios need to make good movies if they want the box office. 

• Like 3

Future Lovers
7 hours ago, RAMROD said:

It seems going to be like the first movie where it sells from good word of mouth. 

Is the good word of mouth in the room with us? 

It's gotten a horrendous word of mouth from the preview showings, even from the notoriously forgiving DC fanbase. There's a small chance it picks back up but it's rare that a movie recovers from the diasterous opening weekend this movie is staring down. Like there's a real chance it comes in below The Flash. 

• Like 1

Future Lovers
8 hours ago, Cody James said:

Speaking of a Superman reboot… has anyone else looked at Matt Bomer and thought how iconic would that be for him to be cast in that role? I just feel like visually. He resembles the look and it would be awesome for a gay actor to have that kind of large role under their belt. I have been pleasantly surprised with his performance in Fellow Travelers too!

He's way, way too old to be a new Superman. 

If he was grandfathered in from playing the character previously, maybe. But he'd be nearly 50 when the movie came out and that wouldn't work at all. I get the sentiment absolutely but they've made a brilliant casting choice for Superman for this, both in terms of look and age. 

Controversiaga

I hope so.  These movies are awful anyways 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Stephen
16 hours ago, Cody James said:

Did you know Matt actually voiced Superman before :giveup:  In the 2013 animated movie Superman: Unbound.  I love him :fatcat:

Edited by Stephen
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1