Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Aquaman 2 set to bomb on opening weekend

LateToCult

Featured Posts

Daenerys

Superhero fatigue is REAL. I’m looking forward to Wonka and The Color Purple. 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
  • Like 8
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

LateToCult
2 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Superhero fatigue is REAL. I’m looking forward to Wonka and The Color Purple. 

Wonka got on my nerves so bad. 😭

• Shook 1
  • Thanks 2

tyler k

yeah I think we can move on from super hero movies.....

i'm absolutely more excited for other films coming out 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Reality

I don't think it's superhero fatigue more so than it is mediocre superhero fatigue. This year both Guardians 3 and Across the Spider-Verse were very well received—critically and financially. It's just that more often than not, recent superhero fare just isn't great :shrug: I mean, I think both Deadpool 3 and Joker 2 next year will do very well. 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

In this specific case it's not about fatigue, is people not caring about a movie that won't matter cause DC is a mess

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LateToCult
2 minutes ago, Red said:

In this specific case it's not about fatigue, is people not caring about a movie that won't matter cause DC is a mess

James Gunn saying Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 were the last films, already casting Superman for the next reboot, Jason Mamoa saying it wasn’t looking too good…the movie never had a chance. :air:

• Like 7

skaxboy

I’ll be watching. I’m curious to see how they address this being the last DCEU film. I don’t really like Jason Mamoa and thought he was an odd choice for Aquaman. 

Superhero movies aren’t a bad thing if they are done right. The Flash was awful. Shazam 2 could have been better. Blue Beetle was pretty good. The Marvels was amazing for the first 30 minutes then just kinda rushed itself and was mediocre. It’s fun to read a series and imagine what it would look like if it were made as a live action movie. Or even watching cartoon adaptations and wondering how a human actor would convey the emotions and how visually appealing a fight scene would look. It just has to be done right. Its sad to see millions of dollars go to waste on mediocre films.  

• Like 1

Anderson123

They should've waited a bit more to announce the mess they were coming up with. Fans were P1SSED when they announced Henry Cavill was no longer coming back as Superman and they were starting from scratch. Of course the fans completely abandoned this when they found out the movies didn't matter anymore. Then the Amber Heard mess, Aquaman 2 has been just sitting there for like 2+ years I think.

As for the MCU (About superhero fatigue), I hope they get their sh!t together before they start making the X Men movies. I'm only excited to see Deadpool 3 and I absolutely loved Guardians of the Galaxy, Spiderman and Doctor Strange but everything after Endgame has been meh. Shang Chi was ok but Thor, Antman, Black Panther, Eternals, Marvels, etc. all of these movies have been just average. And don't even get me started on all the TV Shows on Disney+ one has to see to keep  up with what's going on lol.

And I'm actually going to watch it today just because one of my friends says he wants to go. :huntyga: 

Edited by Anderson123
  • Like 1