đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Need Help with Rock Band 4 on PS5

Chaymie

Featured Posts

Hello GamersDaily, 

Does anyone play Guitar Hero/ Rock Band or other rhythm games? Just wanted to ask for some advice. :fatcat:

So, I just got Rock Band 4 for my PS5 just so that I can play Gaga's 10 DLC tracks on there. The only problem is that I don't have a Guitar controller so I can only sing for the time being. 

I tried to research which guitar controller to get that would work with the game and also the PS5 (since there is no official guitar for the PS5). There are so many different varying results out there that it's making my poor no-tech-savvy brain confused and I have no idea what works and what doesn't. The devs did say the licensed official guitars for the PS4 version will work on the PS5 but they are in the hundreds-range on eBay. :selena:

Would anyone have some thoughts on it if there's any other alternate routes I could take, please? Thank you in advance! 

Chaymie
  • Like 1

Ultimecia

I'm a rhythm game fanatic myself, but I'm not too fond of novelty controllers such as Guitar Hero's, so I can't really help you with that sorry! :holdmyhand:

For the time being, is there no way to map guitar controls onto the regular controller in the options?

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Like 1

Lextyr97

Any guitar hero or rock band guitar for PS3 will work. I’m using the warriors of rock guitar for ps3. Works like a charm

edit: they’re all gonna be expensive unfortunately. Id say check out a hand me down store. They always have them

Edited by TylerBR97
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ultimecia said:

I'm a rhythm game fanatic myself, but I'm not too fond of novelty controllers such as Guitar Hero's, so I can't really help you with that sorry! :holdmyhand:

For the time being, is there no way to map guitar controls onto the regular controller in the options?

It's okay! I miss the Gaga TapTap Revenge days so much when it comes to rhythm games! :heart:

And no, the regular controller is only recognized as a mic for the vocals and cannot be mapped to play the guitar parts. 

Chaymie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TylerBR97 said:

Any guitar hero or rock band guitar for PS3 will work. I’m using the warriors of rock guitar for ps3. Works like a charm

edit: they’re all gonna be expensive unfortunately. Id say check out a hand me down store. They always have them

Oh wow, that's so neat! Thank you so much! 

Speaking of PS3 guitars, I often see this thing about some of them needing the Bluetooth dongle to connect while some don't. Does your guitar need the dongle to connect? I assume it's mostly for the wireless versions? 

For the pricing, not a lot of second-hand stores are near here where I live but I'll continue to look out on eBay for a good deal. Hopefully, the PS5 will get an official guitar someday that will be easier to acquire. 

Chaymie

Lextyr97
8 hours ago, Chaymie said:

Oh wow, that's so neat! Thank you so much! 

Speaking of PS3 guitars, I often see this thing about some of them needing the Bluetooth dongle to connect while some don't. Does your guitar need the dongle to connect? I assume it's mostly for the wireless versions? 

For the pricing, not a lot of second-hand stores are near here where I live but I'll continue to look out on eBay for a good deal. Hopefully, the PS5 will get an official guitar someday that will be easier to acquire. 

Omg yes sorry. The ps3 guitars 100% need the dongle. Good luck finding something good!! I lucked tf out with my guitar. I got mine for around $30 and it said the dongle was not included (that’s what’s most expensive nowadays), but when I removed the battery cover, the dongle was there

• Love 1

2 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

Omg yes sorry. The ps3 guitars 100% need the dongle. Good luck finding something good!! I lucked tf out with my guitar. I got mine for around $30 and it said the dongle was not included (that’s what’s most expensive nowadays), but when I removed the battery cover, the dongle was there

Omg, Yes! I love that for you! :heart:
Thank you so much! You have made everything so clear to me! 
Now, I'm turning on key word search notifications on eBay for the guitar and in the mean time, will just keep singing on the game. :ladyhaha:

Chaymie