💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Tate McRae: Music Made For Tiktok Is Not Real Music & The Death Of Art

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Tate McRae opens up to Tom Power about why she never wants to write a song with the intention of it being a TikTok hit: 

"If I'm being super honest, I feel like whenever someone, like a songwriter, walks into a room and [goes], 'We need to make something that's going to catch on TikTok,' it fully kills it for me. I think that is the death of art. If we're basing a song off of a 15-second clip, I just don't think that's real music. I'm not listening to a 15-second clip to feel music the way that I want to feel music. It will always come from if it affects my heart before I think about other people perceiving it.”

She is also opens up that "Greedy" was inspired by music from early 2000s such as Nelly Furtado's Loose album. 

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 12
  • LMAO 4
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 4

• RAMROD changed the title to Tate McRae: Music Made For Tiktok Is Not Real Music & The Death Of Art
BlingNotTheMusic

Totally agree with her, it's refreshing to see a pop artist say this. However, her music specifically isn't far from super manufactured streaming-era noise. Seems kind of high-brow of her. 

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu
  • Like 7

thierryrreiht

I mean.. most of her songs are 3:00 or less sooooo… who’s really killing the art.

#BringBack4MinSongs

Edited by thierryrreiht
  • Like 1

Gagaism
10 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

I mean.. most of her songs are 3:00 or less sooooo… who’s really killing the art.

#BringBack4MinSongs

I don’t think the length is the main issue about music right now, its ok to have a 3min song. The thing is good and memorable productions are missing, it’s been a while since last time. Lack of good production makes songs disposable and forgettable. 
I really miss those times when I could listen to Bad Romance and just wanted to listen to it all day long and never get tired. This is the kind of music the industry needs.

• Like 8

thatfoxyfeeling

She can't be serious? She was literally promoting Greedy on TikTok before it was even released. Greedy is the perfect example of "music made for TikTok" :anveeroy:

• Like 3

Versace

You guys are reading too much into it. Her current sound is inspired by the 2000’s pop/hip-hop era, it is far from music made for tiktok considering it was not around that time. Also Ryan Tedder executive produced her new album. Just cause it’s Pop music doesn’t mean it’s manufactured, you’d think Gaga fans of all people would have that sentiment. 

• Like 4

TEANUS
20 minutes ago, Versace said:

Also Ryan Tedder executive produced her new album. Just cause it’s Pop music doesn’t mean it’s manufactured, you’d think Gaga fans of all people would have that sentiment. 

I loooove Greedy, but let’s not pretend that an album full of 2:30 or less songs in 2023 doesn’t point to being manufactured for streaming success. I’d say the same about Chromatica tracks being by far Gaga’s shortest on average

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Roughhouse Dandy

I'm not familiar with this performer or her music, but I largely agree with her. And we can't really hold it against her for saying this and still promoting on tiktok; labels require it since that's the big platform everyone is pushing atm

Edited by Roughhouse Dandy
This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 2

Didymus

I mean :koons:

People have been warning against this "death of art" thing in so many contexts over the decades. It was the death of art when they started selling LPs, when the CD took their place, when the digital market started dominating, when streaming replaced individual music purchases,...

I get what she's saying but it's not the wisdom she thinks it is. Pop music never prioritized "art", nor does its audience. "Real music" is still alive and kicking where it's always been.

Edited by Didymus
  • Like 3

Levine

Here in Italy all the new music is made for Tik Tok, it's ridiculous. All the artists sold themselves to that platform and it's a nightmare. I don't know how the situation is in other places, but here? literally a nightmare.