• OG (2008-2009)
    • Elite (2010-2011)
    • Hate Train (2012-2014)
    • Country (2015-2017)
    • Comeback (2018-2019)
    • New (2020-2023)

Featured Posts

crazygato

2016 when I listened to ARTPOP for the first time. I was wondering what happened to her after BTW. I didnt even know ARTPOP existed, I thought Applause and DWUW were stand alone singles! Then Venus and MJH were recommended on YT, I clicked and fell IN LOVE!!! I eventually bought the album and asked myself "how did I miss thiss????" I became fascinated with religion and ancient history  because of Gaga! I was also going through rough emotional period in HS and ARTPOP allowed me to express myself through the music. I would say it kept me sane and I listened to BTW, ARTPOP, and Joanne back to back nonstop all 2017!!! Very nostalgic time to think about. Basically ARTPOP and Joanne turned me into a LM, it was like she released two new albums for me in 2016! I was so happy!

mdance4life

Saw Gaga for barely $10 in October of 2008 at a former 18+ gay club in San Francisco called “The Crib.” Life would never be the same after that night ❤️

Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.
  • YAAAS 3

SevenWonder

Def during the Hate Train. A friend of mine wrote a novel that I helped her with (reading early chapters, etc.) and Gaga was an actual character in it! The book actually got published - but with a fictional "Gaga" character. 

My friend would play BTW Gaga during this time period and I liked it well enough. But it didn't connect with me then. I was much more into indie rock.

But the summer Aura leaked that all changed. She played me Aura and it blew me away. Then I heard Applause not long after and I was hooked. I couldn't believe the biggest pop star in the world had songs like Aura, Applause, and DWUW. Which felt so different from, say, Rihanna or Katy. 

It was so punk rock to me and that was it.

It's been all downhill ever since. :huntyga:

Edited by SevenWonder
  • Like 1

I was only vaguely aware of her as a weirdish attention seeker from a few years ago (although I always loved her voice on the chorus of poker face), then this girl next door with a biggish nose and beautiful eyes began appearing on my tv screen singing tell me something boy with the most gorgeous tone, and then a blond Audrey Hepburn turned up at the Oscars knocking seven bells out of a piano, and I thought to myself 'just what IS this' ? So down the rabbit hole I went. Still there obviously, there's no way out. The majority of people on the planet don't get it (only because they haven't really looked I think), but I get it, and as Jack Nicholson once said, the fact that I get it makes me feel good .. about me.

OG bought her album in Canada before it was released WW and played it to DEATH. Then I joined her ladygaga.com forums, then FameMB, then GGD. haha long trip!

angelduuh

I'm an OG!

I remember seeing Just Dance and think "wtf is this blond bitch"?

Then a friend wanted me to download the song to her. I got addicted to the song, and then I heard Poker Face and the rest is history.

She really was the first artist I followed and the first CD I ever bought was The Fame/The Fame Monster.

• Like 1

TheSine

I would say late 2009 and early 2010. I was pretty young at that time, but no doubt I was a stan because I would sing her songs the whole time.

Edited by TheSine
"👁 Hate U" 💜🩷🩵

homomo

Elite.

Fell in love with Alejandro in 2010 and became a causal listener. Born This Way (single) made me a fan, and Judas made me a monster. I started lurking here when BTW album was released in May 2011, but spent most of my time on littlemonsters.com. I finally joined GGD in 2012.

Love seeing all the other OG’s - (We’re showing our ages :messga: ) but love how I got into Gaga… Previously was a hater :oops: (was during middle school) but I went across the country the summer going into 7th grade with my best friend to stay with her dad & her dad was actually the one who got me into Gaga! He had all her music videos downloaded to his xbox & at the time it was just TheFame videos and me and my friend judged him but we went back the following summer & he was still obsessed like he would play bad romance over and over and that’s when I also fell in love.. (Can’t believe it was a Str8y who got me into Gaga) but I Remember after returning home the 2nd time I bought her albums & teeth was actually the song that made me full on Stan. I would listen to it on repeat endlessly. Joined Twitter and was an Obnoxious **** trying to get Gaga to follow me back when she would go on following sprees lmaoo But have stuck with her since. Then she was cemented as my forever #1 after I puked all over myself backstage and she squeeze hugged me after I warned her I was covered in puke. - not rereading this or editing it to flow better cuz I’m sick and don’t have the brain capacity rn 

Frey as in free b*tch baby

Poker Face song made me curious.

Paparazzi music video made me watch her.

Paparazzi VMAs made me gasp and got my Little Monster license.

Bad Romance music video made me stan her.

LordByron28
9 hours ago, Shadow said:

Elite. Her VMAs in 2009 and her release of the Fame Monster, especially Bad Romance with its video, hooked me. 

Her symbolic death after playing Paparazzi at the VMAs and this video killed the idea that Lady Gaga was a typical pop star for me.

This. When I initially heard Just Dance, I thought it was cute and I thought she was going to be one of those artists that have a few hit songs off their debut album and then fall off. Tbh, I was expecting her to be a One Hit Wonder. Poker Face happened and I recall thinking she reminded me a lot of Gwen Stefani. Love Game surprised me as she now had multiple hits including the short lived ‘Chillin’ which she featured with Wale and I saw the Love Game music video on MTV and was intrigued. Her outfits and looks vaguely reminded me of some anime and video games I had seen. 

Then Papparazzi VMA performance happened. I began watching interviews, performances and music videos of hers. I was a closeted gay at the time and 18/19 and admired her bravery and audacity. Then Bad Romance released and I loved everything about it and it was unlike anything I had ever heard. Then the music video released which mesmerized me. On a whim I downloaded TFM & TF deluxe version and was floored by the quality of TFM with no skips. TF also was a solid body of work even if I skipped a lot initially. I became an official Monster probably with TFM release but it was the combo of VMA performance + Bad Romance (song and music video) + TFM release. 

• Like 1