💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga (or Taylor) ever win SOTY Grammy?

Spartacus

Featured Posts

Spartacus

"Song of the Year is awarded for a single or for one track from an album. This award goes to the songwriter who actually wrote the lyrics and/or melodies to the song. 'Song' in this context means the song as composed, not its recording. The Song of the Year award is presented to the songwriter(s) of a single song."

Gaga is such a gifted songwriter and my dream is for her to win a Song Of The Year Grammy. However, I just realized it's probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

I was just looking at all the previous SOTY winners and I was SHOCKED to see Taylor Swift has never won SOTY.  How can that be?  Everyone knows that Taylor's THE greatest songwriter to have ever existed. No one in history has been able to write a song as well as TayTay.  Elton John and Bernie Taupin who?  So it's mind boggling to think Tay's never won SOTY (especially knowing she's about to win Album Of The Year for a FORTH time next year). TEN studio albums over the past SEVENTEEN years, from not one of, but THE most brilliant songwriter in history, and not one of those albums has produced a song worthy of SOTY (or ROTY)? They didn't nominate Taylor for the Songwriter of the Year Grammy either?? :wtf:

If Tay hasn't snagged one yet, can Gaga win SOTY? :noparty:

Edited by Spartacus
-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 9

Anderson123

She should've won for Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way, The Edge of Glory and Record of the Year for Bad Romance or Poker Face.

Edited by Anderson123
  • Like 22
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 10

RAMROD

Probably. Something that's in the right composition between idealism and commercial and popular enough to be classics instead of meme :ally:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

monstertoronto

Is she didn’t win for “Shallow” which was universally beloved, critically adored, massive hit, and was embraced across genres, I think it will be hard. It was also such a cultural moment and a massive comeback for her. I really don’t get why that didn’t happen. 

• Like 13

Tyler1992
2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

They didn't nominate Taylor for the Songwriter of the Year Grammy either?? :wtf:

If Tay hasn't snagged one yet, can Gaga win SOTY? :noparty:

Songwriter of the year is an award for writers in the background, the ones who write for/with other artists- think Hilary Lindsey for Joanne. It was specifically made to recognize those whose sole job is that of a writer. Taylor Swift doesn’t qualify as she is the artist.

Also, Gaga and Taylor’s Grammy standings are quite comparable. Gaga has 3 nominations from 7 albums, Taylor has 7 nominations from 10 albums. Gaga getting a song of the year win before Taylor isn’t anywhere out of the realm of possibility.

Tyler1992
1 minute ago, monstertoronto said:

Is she didn’t win for “Shallow” which was universally beloved, critically adored, massive hit, and was embraced across genres, I think it will be hard. It was also such a cultural moment and a massive comeback for her. I really don’t get why that didn’t happen. 

This Is America winning over Shallow is quite triumphant. It was a statement song and a cultural moment as well.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2

If she has another Shallow/Poker Face/BR moment then I don’t see why not. 

Also not to sound ignorant but what’s the difference between record of the year and song of the year??

Edited by Noir

InTheCloset

i want her to win all the 'big' Grammys but we know it aint happening but then again Joanne era ended with a beautiful version of the song and a Grammy so who knows

Where's the spunk, Adam?

PartySick
5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

If Tay hasn't snagged one yet

But you just said...

Song of the Year is awarded for a single or for one track from an album. This award goes to the songwriter who actually wrote the lyrics and/or melodies to the song.

And justified Gaga deserving a win with

Gaga is such a gifted songwriter

So why would Taylor win when all her lyrics sound like 2012 Tumblr posts from a middle school prep/goth hybrid that just got hurt over their first crush? :oprah:

Anyway, yeah, it's possible I guess :laughga:

I feel like the last time I heard anything about the Grammys was when Jackson Maine pissed himself in ASIB though so I really don't care about those awards if I'm honest :icant:

All of Gaga's songs are my SOTY :heart:

💚
  • Thanks 1

PartySick
1 hour ago, Noir said:

If she has another Shallow/Poker Face/BR moment then I don’t see why not. 

Also not to sound ignorant but what’s the difference between record of the year and song of the year??

Record of the year is awarded to the performer and/or producers and any technical staff that worked to make the song.

Song of the year is awarded to the songwriter or composer.

So, Gaga could be nominated for either tbh

💚

InTheCloset
3 hours ago, PartySick said:

So why would Taylor win when all her lyrics sound like 2012 Tumblr posts from a middle school prep/goth hybrid that just got hurt over their first crush? :oprah:

just wait before the swifties come for you

Where's the spunk, Adam?

• Spartacus changed the title to Will Gaga (or Taylor) ever win SOTY Grammy?