Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Could Gaga debut with +1 million first week sales?

InTheCloset

Featured Posts

I don't think it's IMPOSSIBLE but I think it's extremely extremely unlikely. In the last 10 years, it has been done by:

1. Taylor Swift, 5 times
2. Adele, once. 

...... so....... virtually nobody at all can. 

• Like 3

FameMonster01

Realistically she could, but it would take EVERYTHING

With:

- two very trendy collabs on the album

- BTW era of promo and marketing

- BTW era of televised performances + deals with itunes, amazon, whatever

- tour bundles

- THE FAME MONSTER SOUND (a  redone produced album)

- engagement with fans at a 2009-2014, and the return of ARTPOP the app

- Viral interview appereances

- Some kind of press (newly wed) / (naming the person who assaulted her)

- Oscar + grammy performances

- Selling ARTPOP act II as a bundle

She could easily crack 1m

• Shook 1

Spartacus

And remember, when you sell that well - which falsely makes the industry look healthy sales-wise - it comes with a free AOTY Grammy. :)

Screenshot-2023-11-14-at-13-48-07-Taylor

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

I'm sorry but I think it's impossible, she can try the strategy of releasing several versions but there is no demand, the fanbase is getting smaller and the general public is not that interested in gaga musically, I think that with luck she can reach 300kk

Spartacus
30 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

even if Gaga releases all those version Little Flopsters won't buy a half of it lol. 

Maybe because Little Flopsters would see she's just manipulating them to do big numbers...

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Agunimon
1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

even if Gaga releases all those version Little Flopsters won't buy a half of it lol. 

I doubt that. We bought her ugly Chromatica merch. :enigma:

Edited by Agunimon
  • LMAO 1

heygurlhi

if gaga would have consistant releases with mediocre but enjoyable mass appealing albums over years she could 

Ignore me i drink

AnglerfishbraBENUS

she could if she releases a stripped back classic rock / piano album and they choose and great lead single.

she has an entirely separate fan base unrelated to the ARTPOP stans on here that im sure she’s far more interested in catering to

• Like 3

Delulu Rogers

Not with her current mindset, team and fanbase. Literally everything would have to change for that to happen. Let's not forget the fanbase gets smaller every year 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LIKELADYAGAGA said:

I think she could post-joker. She's gonna be the most talked about human on the planet after that campaign. 

The thing is that with the hype of ASIB and bundles Gaga only achieved 274,000 with Chromatica so seeing this background it is really difficult for her to achieve big sales even with the hype of the Joker movie

Edited by Corous

Juanlittlem
5 minutes ago, Corous said:

The thing is that with the hype of ASIB and bundles Gaga only achieved 274,000 with Chromatica so seeing this background it is really difficult for her to achieve big sales even with the hype of the Joker movie

I mean, ASIB came out in 2018 while the album came out in 2020, but even if she released it earlier I don't think people who like her in a film would necessarily buy her music.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LilyLark

No sis. Not even Adele can do it or Beyonce. Only Taylor can do it, and well....while she outsells everyone and is the biggest popstar right now....I suspect her numbers would be closer to Adele if she didn't have 14 different variants.

A 250k+ opening is considered very strong nowadays. 300k+ is a massive hit. If Gaga opens with over 200k in sales, that would be good.

• Like 1