opinion

So at the end of the day, Gaga didn't say anything about ARTPOP's anniversary...

Donatellah

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic
56 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

It genuinely makes me so sad. It's like wishing your friend happy birthday and they don't reply to you

I'm CACKLING but also agree 💯

:icant:

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu
  • LMAO 1

Born This Way

If that MANiCURE concept was real, I definitely get it more now. I'd want to seperate myself from that bad of a time in my life as much as possible too.

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

Moonlight on Water
10 hours ago, HotLikeMexico said:

Yeah we aren’t in control of it… but what do you expect…? Ignoring behind the scenes issues, it’s not that much of a stretch to assume an artist you’re a fan of would acknowledge their own work for their fans. 

But she doesn't owe you anything? This is her life, you guys don't even personally know her.

she/her

SimonBaetens

Just like we knew she would, yet y'all are upset. 

when you're lonely, I'll be lonely too / https://www.last.fm/user/SimonBaetens

TimotheeChalamet
4 hours ago, LittleMonster20 said:

There was never a clear announcement of it never coming or not being able to be released, which wouldn’t take much effort. Therefore I don’t understand why people think the fanbase is being unreasonable in their expectation of ACT II eventually coming, especially after a decade of teasing. Had there never been any mention of ACT II after the ARTPOP era ended, it’d be one thing. But imo there was just a tad too much of it throughout the years for me to really think it’s some horrible thing that the fans need to let go of.

I remember around LG5/Joanne era people pretty much forgot about it entirely, until DJWS decided to play the intro to TEA (proving the song exists) at some date at the JWT in 2017. Yeah yeah, Boston Tea party reference, whatever. So you’re telling me they’d play an unreleased song that the fanbase has been wanting and getting teased about for years, and explicitly claim ‘that’s all for now’ only for it to be about a little inside joke at a tour date years later. Not to forget all the ARTPOP demos including the instrumental version of Tinnitus (Tonight Is Us) leaking months prior by allegedly reliable sources.

Then in 2021, there’s a petition with THOUSANDS of fans signing in order to get ACT II, that Gaga, DJWS and even other people in Gaga’s team acknowledge for months with tons of details given about the album and again, teasing. Never was it said ‘we appreciate your enthusiasm for this project, but due to legal reasons we unfortunately can’t release it’ or something along those lines. Nor was it said after, which logically would make the fanbase think maybe it will come.

you're trying to justify your disappointment and I can't blame you for that but they legally can't speak properly about it. DJWS tried to but there was nothing he could do. Fortunately many people were able to get the true meaning and understand the situation ages ago, but that's it. 

Also, the instrumental of Tinnitus it's speculation 

Edited by TimotheeChalamet

Gaga2645
11 hours ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

i think we underestimate how dark a time it was for her… let it be

Thissss. Because with the leaked manicure concept (if real,) coupled with the original vma applause concept performance, DWUW video, Gaga had some really interesting things going on in her head at the time. A lot of death, a lot of sex, a lot of drugs. It’s clear she’s in a much better headspace now (even with 911 referencing a potential psychotic break from 2013 allegedly) but wether or not she gets on the notes app to talk about it is up to her. 
I love ARTPOP, but it’s clear the label saved her from initially cancelling herself. Which is probably why she is a lot more cooperative with her label now. I feel with all these original concepts Gaga was going to really go with the decay of the pop star theme. But Killing her past selves/eras on stage at the VMAs? That says a lot about where her head was at the time after BTWB injury and her rushed recovery back into working. 
I’m just glad she’s better now

Edited by Gaga2645

One thing I was happy about was listening to demos that were leaked recently. Additionally photoshoots, we got them over 200 photos! It's always something, but it's a pity she didn't mention anything about ARTPOP. We move on and what will surprise us later will be later. I'm waiting for LG7, I'll be happy to listen to it :queenga:

I'm not having fun tonight

TortureMeOnReplay
22 hours ago, Trigger said:

I have always had a lot of harsh criticism for Gaga, but one thing I’d like to point out is that we get nothing at all for Fame Monster’s anniversary and none of you care. :interestinga:

Fame Monster is complete. Nothing Else I can say, eh?

7 hours ago, TheSine said:

Not to be rude, but she doesn't have to mention anything. That's the thing. She shouldn't have to mention or clarify anything. Maybe one day, but not today.:interestinga: 

I can sympathize with you and others when they miss her interacting with fans, but like Party said, she's always done so much for us and earned our respect. She has already addressed things multiple times.

One disappointing thing shouldn't have people doubting her. Maybe I'm uneducated, but that's just me. :shrug:

Is it just one disappointing thing? People have grown tired of her constant partnerships since the start of Tudor. Now she posts 20+ posts a year about Haus Labs with her biggest visuals being for a Dom Perignon ad. Her musical promotion has been limited to her Jazz residency which international fans feel slighted about and the CBT film that's been silent for half a year while artists who started their tours after hers finished already released their films. And this was all after an ad for headache medicine caused backlash and she felt forced to speak on these things. Lastly (although I personally understand her reasons) people are disappointed in the lack of Chromatica promotion in 2020, with people counting a tie in promotion (Oreos) as promo. People are just looking for a good reason to stay when she's giving them a million to let her go because after all this time there's really not much effort on her end to show she still cares about music. And it's starting to feel like they're being used by the woman who once defied everything she's been echoing for the past 3-4 years. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

HelloHangoverz
23 hours ago, high culture said:

When this woman tells us she is mentally ill, we should believe her ❤️

adding this to my bio on linkedin

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • LMAO 1

TheSine
3 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Is it just one disappointing thing? People have grown tired of her constant partnerships since the start of Tudor. Now she posts 20+ posts a year about Haus Labs with her biggest visuals being for a Dom Perignon ad. Her musical promotion has been limited to her Jazz residency which international fans feel slighted about and the CBT film that's been silent for half a year while artists who started their tours after hers finished already released their films. And this was all after an ad for headache medicine caused backlash and she felt forced to speak on these things. Lastly (although I personally understand her reasons) people are disappointed in the lack of Chromatica promotion in 2020, with people counting a tie in promotion (Oreos) as promo. People are just looking for a good reason to stay when she's giving them a million to let her go because after all this time there's really not much effort on her end to show she still cares about music. And it's starting to feel like they're being used by the woman who once defied everything she's been echoing for the past 3-4 years. 

I genuinely can't see how partnerships a big deal except for the medicine ad though. And I guess I kind of see what you mean, but didn't she just do Sweet Sounds of Heaven and a Jazz residency? I'm lost as to how she doesn't care about music when she's still doing it. (head scratch)  Nothing wrong with being disappointed, I just don't get it.

"👁 Hate U" 💜🩷🩵
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rafau said:

One thing I was happy about was listening to demos that were leaked recently. Additionally photoshoots, we got them over 200 photos! It's always something, but it's a pity she didn't mention anything about ARTPOP. We move on and what will surprise us later will be later. I'm waiting for LG7, I'll be happy to listen to it :queenga:

Does anyone have these demos?

The basic issue I think is that some fans want her to still be what she was between 2008 and 2013, but she isn't. That person is gone. She got damaged during that period, and if she hadn't left it behind her she could well be dead now. I think it's that stark.

Anyway, I hope she is well and happy, I loved her performance at the Oscars this year and I love SSOH. I look forward to Joker and her next album release and any other performances she might give. I don't look forward to her next ad campaign. Those campaigns do nothing to raise her in my estimation, but then  .. ehh.... that's not why she does them; and I couldn't care less about Haus Labs.

• Thanks 2

Delulu Rogers
On 11/13/2023 at 8:42 AM, TheSine said:

I genuinely can't see how partnerships a big deal except for the medicine ad though. And I guess I kind of see what you mean, but didn't she just do Sweet Sounds of Heaven and a Jazz residency? I'm lost as to how she doesn't care about music when she's still doing it. (head scratch)  Nothing wrong with being disappointed, I just don't get it.

It's a big deal in the sense that ads keep getting shoved in our faces by the person who was so anti all of that. Naturally, if fans are here to be entertained, they'll turn away if they're not being entertained. That's all it comes down to. 

And to touch on the music comment, it's great that she's doing jazz. When people say she doesn't care about music it's in reference to how the gaps between her own albums gets longer and longer but the content gets less and less. 

• Thanks 1

Anderson123

Gaga always intended ARTPOP to be her irresponsible/rebellious album so maybe she feels awkward going back to what she did back then. We know some of the things she did (Do What U Want) were a reaction to the way she wanted to deal with her trauma. Lets be glad she went to therapy and is in a much better place now. DJWS said that she still appreciates the album and even listens to Venus from time to time so I don't think she -hates- it but there's probably memories that she'd rather not go back to.

ProdigyARTPOP

I think in her eyes,

if you want to go back you can relisten to the album, watch the performances back and live and breathe ARTPOP always.

You don’t need Act 2

Not to mention that it must feel like a wtf to have been in the trenches with a record in which fashion houses, your own team, and at certain points label were fighting against & now everyone loves it.

Edited by ProdigyARTPOP
  • Thanks 1