Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

CEREMONY | artRATE: the ARTPOP rate

Cruelty

Featured Posts

Cruelty

Lady_Gaga__Applause_Live_at_2013_MTV_VMA

I hope that you always remember this time in our lives together, when we painted each other’s faces, & called each other monsters. & talked about love, & art, all night long. Every year when I travel around the world, I always wonder if things will be different. Maybe one year you won’t come to the show, or you’ll be less festive or not dressed up or… something different. But what I realised during ARTPOP is that we belong together, & some stories have no end. I will follow you around the world, as long as you’ll have me. Because I love making music, I love making art, & I love LOVE meeting all you beautiful creative people. When this song is over, the clock will start ticking, until the next time.
—Lady Gaga (2014)

artRATE%20banner%20final300923.png

Welcome to the artRATE: The ARTPOP Rate ceremony!

Unmatched in ambition & energy, 2013’s ARTPOP saw Lady Gaga’s artistry rise to new heights as she explored the interconnected spheres of art & music. Across 15 tracks of frenzied, roof-raising EDM, the world of ARTPOP encompasses classical mythology & cutting-edge rappers, meditating on sex, celebrity & self-empowerment. This is an album without any skips, bolstered by crisp, future-facing productions from hitmakers including Zedd, Madeon & executive producer DJ White Shadow. The ninth best selling album of 2013 worldwide, today marks 10 years since ARTPOP’s US release – so join us on this reverse Warholian expedition, as we celebrate an era like no other.

For the past month, you’ve been rating all of ARTPOP (plus a handful of officially released bonus tracks from the era). From ‘Aura’ to ‘Applause’, ‘MJH’ to ‘MANiCURE’, ‘Dope’ to ‘Donatella’, these songs have been battling to be crowned Gagadaily’s Favourite ARTPOP Song. & now it’s time to find out which track is your winner! Here’s your reminder of the competitors:

ARTPOP%20slider55.gif

We’ll be counting down the 18 songs over the course of around 2 hours. Along the way I’ll be sharing a selection of your amazing commentary (there were so many comments that the FULL commentary will be coming in a separate post after the ceremony), as well as some information on these songs’ backstories & my own thoughts on the tracks. Stay tuned for an extra surprise near the end too!

The ceremony starts in an hour – 2PM PT / 5PM ET / 10PM UK. I have THREE little surprises to keep you entertained while you wait! First of all, if you need a drink for the ceremony, here’s the recipe for an Absolut ARTPOP, one of the cocktails crafted by Absolut to be served at the artRAVE tour!

1fa2d9ab8408b38545ce0425c86be5a2.jpg

Second of all, here’s my exclusive mashup of ‘Venus’ with ARTPOP producer Madeon’s track ‘Imperium’:

And lastly… let’s have a Fashion! contest! Show us your best ARTPOP-era looks on the red carpet below!

artRATE%20fashion.png

Spoiler

@27monster27 @Aglaya @Agunimon @Alfonso @ALittleMonsta @allanrocks @Anderson123 @androiduser @AnnTakamaki @Arcanum @artdoll @ARTGOD @ARTPOPe @asfittingasmcqueen @Auralegends @Aussie @Babylon Dynasty @Batwings @bionic @Blackout19 @Born This Way @bornthisway135 @Bowman @bpmMonkey @Bronco @Butters Stotch @candydarling @CatelynnMarie @Cello @Chesescake @ChrisGaga @chromaticathong @chun li  @Clarity @crackpoppodcast @Daenerys @dimitristhe @Donatellah @DoremonLove @evgenigerm2 @FinallyFree @Franch Toast @Gagaism @GagaSkeletonWay @Gangie @Gorehound @GrandeAvenue @HausofGabo @Head Empty @Healed My Heart @HeavyMetal Halcyon @Helxig @heygurlhi @HIMe  @holy scheisse @HookerOnAChurch @huttont @ImMatt @InsomniaMonster69 @InTheCloset @Ioa99 @Ivy @IWantYourLove @jackjackjackjack13 @JazzGa @jillianwoj @jimmytimestep @JoanneMonster @Jose Alberto @Joshua81 @Juanlittlem @Juliandante @Julien Lockhart @JustTea @Kandy life @KubaM316 @Lady Gaga 2009 @LaFama @leedeegaga @Levine @lg5 @LG6IsHere @Little Monstera @littlepotter @LordByron28 @Lukasson @Magic Mike @marrytheminogue @maymay @Mizu723 @Modern Ecstacy @monsterpt @monstertoronto @n1kos  @Nirvana @Nite @nodandsmile @Noir @Onlygaga @Ophelia @Ororo Munroe @Papergangstuh @phantasmas @Pictures @Poltergeist @ProudGayFurry @Psyduck @Quentin @radioactive @Rafau @Railing @RAMROD @RebeldeFaith @Rhiannon @Riley @rinasawachanta @Roughhouse Dandy @RudraCNG @Sarah H @Scar97 @Scarlet Bitch @sexy @Shadow @SharkmanthaC @Sherry @Shipper @sillynate @SimonBaetens @Smother Em Eh @Space Cowboy @SpadesToStart @SpiritBunny @Stephen @Stone S @swakby @TheSine @The Fame Monster @The Z @TMM90 @Tobcho @tofueism @TortureMeOnReplay @Trxstan @TwistedTeeth @TXNNXTUS @Ultimecia @Vertisharr @Werewolves Wanted @whoresup @Zed @Zeitgeist

• YAAAS 21
  • Love 3

Poltergeist

Can't wait, and I'm choosing the simple, and yet perfect look that screams ARTPOP

gaga_2sept13_pa_b.jpg

I've been getting messages from my deep waters
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 6

Hyperobject
3 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

I hope that you always remember this time in our lives together, when we painted each other’s faces, & called each other monsters. & talked about love, & art, all night long. Every year when I travel around the world, I always wonder if things will be different. Maybe one year you won’t come to the show, or you’ll be less festive or not dressed up or… something different. But what I realised during ARTPOP is that we belong together, & some stories have no end. I will follow you around the world, as long as you’ll have me. Because I love making music, I love making art, & I love LOVE meeting all you beautiful creative people. When this song is over, the clock will start ticking, until the next time.
—Lady Gaga (2014)

I almost cried reading this… :traumatica: 

• Love 7

Cello
1 minute ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I almost cried reading this… :traumatica: 

i got a huge wave of nostalgia

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana
  • Love 1

ARTPOPe

Just had some nuggets, so here I am as one to hopefully witness the title track win

4df2d5d3582b41d03bc3abed4c79da5c.jpg

Stream The Love Invention
  • YAAAS 8
  • Love 3

Hyperobject
1 minute ago, Cello said:

i got a huge wave of nostalgia

ikr,

and the way she would tell us how much we mean to each other always makes me wanna cry. :franminervini: 

• Love 2