💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PACKED arenas or massive stadium crowds?

Griffin

Featured Posts

bumblebee

I've been to a stadium show, and I can't say you can't see a sh*t there. Even if you are far away from the stage, you still can see the artist and with the big enough screens you feel OK.

The sound is worse than in arena, but still, it's not bad, and Gaga's vocals, to be honest, get along with even a huge stadium (her The Edge of Glory at Twickenham in London was probably heard even in Scotland). Besides, we live in the age of modern technologies which also can be seen and used in the sound-making industry. Cool audio system + some backing vocals (either pre-recorded or real back-vocalists) + big screens will tear down most of the disadvantages of the stadium performance.

And not to mention that the energy of the stadium show is usually more impulsive and inspiring and the excitement level there is above the skies, and to hear 40,000+ people singing "I'm on the edge with you!" is an experience which is hard to forget.

Besides, as BestStatus has already mentioned, the cool thing about stadiums for Gaga is that she can replace 5 shows in Melbourne with 1 stadium gig, and her schedule will become much more flexible. For example, the whole Australia/NZ leg could be shortened to just 5 concerts.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rollercoaster

A mix. Where the demand will fill a stadium (Asia, Oceania, Europe) she can do stadiums and if they are overwhelmingly demanded, they can add an arena date and that'd solve that. America, once again, it depends on the demand. She could fill out the Yankee stadium no problems, but elsewhere in the country I'm not too sure about because I haven't looked into it - but yeah... supply and demand.

It would seem that stadiums make most sense in poorer countries with large populations (especially if they're concentrated around the capital), warm climates, and lots of venues geared for soccer. That means a large volume of fans wanting to see her, but it needs to be affordable.

US on the other hand has lots of medium sized cities, long winters, lots of hockeybasketball arenas, but most fans are well off enough to pay more for arena seating.

In Asia she has to do stadiums. Otherwise she'll end up doing 5 Hong Kong shows in a row and that's killing her I think.

In Europe she has to do arena except for Paris and London. I think for Oceania also arena's. For SA and Africa just do 1 stadium show so she can do those 2 continent in just 2/3 weeks or something.

bumblebee

A mix. Where the demand will fill a stadium (Asia, Oceania, Europe) she can do stadiums and if they are overwhelmingly demanded, they can add an arena date and that'd solve that. America, once again, it depends on the demand. She could fill out the Yankee stadium no problems, but elsewhere in the country I'm not too sure about because I haven't looked into it - but yeah... supply and demand.

She seems to can do a stadium in New York, Chicago, Vancouver, Pennsylvania, California, Nevada and Florida in the NA

I'd say arenas for the overall enjoyment on the part of the fans. On the other hand, I feel stadium shows would be great once in a while as it does feel like a milestone event on the part of the artist.

It depends on the place

She should do a total arena tour in north america and europe

But Latin America (except for Mexico and Brazil) and some coutries in Asia there's no arenas that can hold a concert like a Gaga concert...

Packed arenas are better tbh. I seen her in Twickenham back in September, don't get me wrong the show was amazing but the stage wasn't made for a stadium. It was too small. Usually artists or bands utilize the space in a stadium and therefore make the stage bigger. Also for an artist like Gaga who uses a lot of visuals and different lighting, an arena would be better to see the full benefit of them. In a stadium, its not as recognizable as an arena. Weather is also another huge factor. The sound is also far better in an arena because its all in enclosed space where as all the sound escapes out the stadium. I think for the ARTPOP tour she should just go back to doing arenas. Yes its great that she can fill stadiums but her shows are more fitting in arena environments.

I would like her to do 70 out of 100 arenas and 30 in stadiums just to show Gaga´s celebrity power.

Arenas:

-You can be closer to Gaga if you have seating tickets.

-Experience is better and so sound is.

-Smaller and better, feels closer to fans and atmosphere.

-Packed GA.

-Gaga's management can have more control on sales and dates, for example: It's not the same having one sold-out arena show and then adding another arena show than having one almost sold-out stadium, if you know what I mean.

Check out a pic of the Palau Sant Jordi I took a few moments before the show started, notice how GA is starting to be empty in the back.

25zjjf7.jpg

RideRidePony

And not to mention that the energy of the stadium show is usually more impulsive and inspiring and the excitement level there is above the skies, and to hear 40,000+ people singing "I'm on the edge with you!" is an experience which is hard to forget.

theyre both different animals. i was lucky enough to experience both on the uk leg and although the arena was much more intimate and the crowd was 'rougher', i agree, theres something special about 40-50,000 people jumping and screaming songs with you. stadiums are bigger, grander and just more epic.

RideRidePony

I'd say arenas for the overall enjoyment on the part of the fans. On the other hand, I feel stadium shows would be great once in a while as it does feel like a milestone event on the part of the artist.

im here for a uk arena tour even though tickets will be extremely difficult to obtain. more chance of her coming to my city and more chance of doing multiple dates i guess. however, id go mental if she announced a wembley stadium date as a milestone event. that would be incredible.

PlanetChromatica

I want her to do Wembley Stadium too! Maybe if she came to Europe twice next time, Wembley Stadium the first time, 2 or more dates (however much she can sell out) then the second time 3 or 4 shows at the O2 Arena for a more intimate experience. But she has to do Wembley Stadium at some point, she is big enough.

Rollercoaster

for those who judge it based on tbtwb... dont. the stage etc were made to be able to crossover with arenas.

For the next one if she does more stadiums the staging will reflect that.

Archived