💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Unpopular opinion: Born This Way

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Blackout19

What are your unpopular opinions about the album Born This Way? 

Mine:

- the standard album cover is amazing

- Born This Way is Gaga's best music video

- Judas is one of Gaga's best songs ever

- Heavy Metal Lover & Scheisse should have been singles

- Bad Kids is underrated 

- Born This Way Ball is Gaga best tour

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.
  • YAAAS 2

I don't know how popular this opinion is but I wish it was less produced, if that makes sense. I think most of the songs could do without some layers of pure noise. Every album after BTW (including ARTPOP) has a more polished production. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 2

vitoburrrito

I mostly like the production on BTW but I do think it could have been a bit more polished. When I listen to the instrumentals, I can appreciate the music a bit more, but it's hard to pick up on some of the music on the final mixes on the album. 

The original album cover grew on me except I still hate the font. 

I think she could have done a delayed release for the deluxe edition, alongside the Remix album for Q4 of 2011. She could have released more singles that way. 

For singles, I think she could have done: Born This Way, Marry the Night, Judas as a promotional single, Edge of Glory, You and I, and then The Queen and Fashion of His Love remix as singles for the deluxe edition. 

I still think Bad Kids is cringe and could have been a deluxe song or just left off entirely. 

4 minutes ago, vitoburrrito said:

I think she could have done a delayed release for the deluxe edition

Deluxe editions that come a while after the standard weren't really a thing back then tho, it's a streaming era gimmick

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 2

Head Empty

Americano is one of her best songs and by far the most underrated track of her discography.

Edited by Why am I on GGD
  • Like 4

M i K E Y

- Highway Unicorn is underrated. (The title alone fascinates me)

- I like the standard cover but I don’t know the idea of the deluxe version being a zoomed version of her face when they had plenty of great pics from the shoot 

- I wish it gets remastered someday to have a clearer sound. At times the production is very noisy and swallows parts of the instrumental and harmonies imo.

Electric Chapel is top 3 on the album 

The Queen particularly the outro, is one of the most magical moments in her discography

While the production can be noisy at times, to this day, it is the most intricate. Still has yet to be topped. 

Highway Unicorn's organ outro is goosebumps inducing 

• Thanks 1

asfittingasmcqueen

- Americano is an absolute banger

- Electric Chapel is criminally underrated. It's probably one of the best produced songs in this record and the lyrics are some of her best overall.

- As risky as it was, making Judas a single was the correct choice. It set a standard that Gaga wasn't afraid of making bold decisions in her music career and has become one of her most popular songs between younger generations

- As chaotic as it is, it is her most cohesive album

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
vitoburrrito
On 10/23/2023 at 3:49 PM, Red said:

Deluxe editions that come a while after the standard weren't really a thing back then tho, it's a streaming era gimmick

I'm not so sure about that because the only reason I even have that idea is because of Mariah Carey's Emancipation of Mimi album from 2005, where she released the Ultra Platinum edition like six months after the original version. It's definitely not a common release strategy but I think it could have worked for BTW. 

Funny story about Emancipation of Mimi, I asked for that for Christmas when I was 9 years old, and specified that I NEEDED the Ultra Platinum edition. How my parents didn't know I was gay is beyond me :ladyhaha: