💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Taylor have any hits in 2016-2021?

qoqo

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Glojuice said:

Do you have problems with reading comprehension? Read what I said and then read what you said. They don’t match 

We both know what you said, that’s why after being shown facts, you ignored every single one of them and completely changed the subject :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Admin said:

We both know what you said, that’s why after being shown facts, you ignored every single one of them and completely changed the subject :) 

Haha if I said something why did You attribute made up quotes that I never said:

you said I said “nobody listens to shake it off.”

I never said that even once. Find the quote. I said “does anyone really play shake it off specifically at nye parties” very very different meanings

You said I said it’s” not a modern hit”

I said it’s not a modern ICONIC hit, and the word iconic is important because that’s been my point from the very first reply. Happy to debate but don’t make up quotes and twist words that are not what I said 

Edited by Glojuice

4 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

I said it’s not a modern ICONIC hit, and the word iconic is important because that’s been my point from the very first reply.

That’s not true, if that was the case, you wouldn’t be debating its Spotify streams and chart peaks :)

It’s pretty clear what you were trying to do lol

Just now, Admin said:

That’s not true, if that was the case, you wouldn’t be debating its Spotify streams and chart peaks :)

It’s pretty clear what you were trying to do lol

Well if you have a lack of reading comprehension it’s not really my issue. Now you know what “I was trying to do”. Wow apart from putting words in my mouth you are also psychic. I’m debating it’s streams and chart peaks because that is statistical data which people use when they are debating a topic. At least I don’t make up fake quotes 

Honestly if you want to know if a song is a hit, you look at it's mainstream longevity. 

And by that, I mean you listen to the supermarket playlist as you walk around the store. 

Taylor Swift songs like Shake it off/Lover/Willow have made it onto ones in the UK. They are a hit, they will outlive so many other songs from this era. 

• Like 1

dimitristhe
48 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

No because this is something I think about CONSTANTLY and that is as a major swiftie. Some people love this song and I- I think it is a fine song but oh my lord, by all metrics it has been a success, on the charts for longer than Shake It Off or Love Story. I have the feeling it is very USA focused and therefore feels fan made to me as an international swiftie. But it also seems like everyone around me is aware of the 'I'm the problem it's me' line so I have NO CLUE:saladga:

I’m Greek and that song is certified Gold here for 1 million streams. In that metric is a HUGE success if you take into account that Greece has an 11 million population!

In Greece radio is still very popular and is a major factor of a songs success, if a song is popular enough it will be played on the radio constantly, also if radio is playing a song then it becames a hit. As a frequent radio listener I know for a fact that Anti Hero was never a radio hit here. So, radio never picked up the song even though it is a major streaming success. So, the reason they never picked it up is because the GP didn’t really appreciate the song.

Sure, is a HUGE streaming and Tik Tok success. In the end of the day it doesn’t matter if the success comes mainly from her fan base or the GP. I strongly believe she should be really proud for her continuously expanding fambase, because that’s something unique. 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

SharGaga

The album stats is where it's at with Taylor. Lover and Midnights are passing 6 million units sold in the US in 2 weeks. Folklore just passed 5 million units there. Her longevity is impressive. She's the most streamed female artist of all time. But to answer your question. #1 is a #1 hit. She's had a #1 hit for every studio album she's released since 1989. Cruel Summer will hit #1 this week and Red TV also has a #1. That makes it 10 #1 hits for Miss Swift

2017 - LWYMMD

2019 - Cruel Summer

2020 - Cardigan, Willow

2021 - ATW 10MV

2022 - Anti Hero

Other hits - IDWLF, Delicate, Me, YNTCD, Lover.

Cardigan, Style, LWYMMD, Lover, YNTCD, Delicate are all coming for 1B soon enough. Even Don't Blame Me a non single has major streams. If they weren't 'smash hits' in the years they we're released they certainly are now unless you consider malls and radio playing a song the equivalent a smash hit these days. TikTok has been eating her up since Midnights. That's also a huge part of her repeaking. Her pure sales were always stronger than anybody else but with streaming combined she's instoppable

Edited by SharGaga

27monster27

Look What You Made Me Do was huge.

...Ready For It was moderate.

Delicate was a BIG radio success.

Me! and You Need To Calm Down got a lot of media attention.

Cardigan and Willow were hits based on peak, but they didn't really have any longevity.

he/him/his

Agunimon

Look What You Made Me Do, Delicate, Me!, Lover, and You Need to Calm Down are the only ones I'd say were hits. I remember End Game, Ready For It..., The Man underperformed for her standards of hits though obviously still quite massive.

Edited by Agunimon

AnglerfishbraBENUS
5 hours ago, Glojuice said:

As poplover has made a good distinction between Monster hits and iconic hits. Taylor has a lot of hit singles but she has no iconic hits. If I went out on the street and interviewed different age ranges would they know out of the woods or Style or even All too well. And I mean beyond the US. Even though Australia is the biggest market for Taylor I rarely hear her songs in clubs or parties and almost never any of her old hits like love song. Now when Just dance’s opening riff starts, crowds still go wild. 

this! Some people are scared to say their faves are one hit wonders. Gaga for instance really only has like maybe 3-4 HITS if you think about which songs permeated culture to extent that even your straight hermit brother who lives in the woods knows them. That’s why i love one hit wonders. Carly Rae Jepson has had some radio hits that pop fans know, but she’s still a one hit wonder for obvious reasons 

• Love 1

Agunimon
5 minutes ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

this! Some people are scared to say their faves are one hit wonders. Gaga for instance really only has like maybe 3-4 HITS if you think about which songs permeated culture to extent that even your straight hermit brother who lives in the woods knows them. That’s why i love one hit wonders. Carly Rae Jepson has had some radio hits that pop fans know, but she’s still a one hit wonder for obvious reasons 

But we are talking about Taylor Swift, who is obviously not a one hit wonder considering she is the most successful artist in modern day music. I'm not sure why @Glojuice is comparing Out of the Woods, Style and All Too Well which @Taylucifer said were moderates with one of Gaga's most iconic songs. Those songs are not Just Dance levels of success, but others are.

Ladle Ghoulash
2 hours ago, Admin said:

Literally nobody is arguing that “Shake It Off” is bigger or even as big as “Blinding Lights”. What’s your point?

All the songs you mentioned came out in the streaming era, “Shake It Off” came out before Spotify even existed. That’s why. 

Following your logic, “Just Dance” wasn’t a hit because it doesn’t have 1 billion streams.

By the way, “Shake It Off” receives more daily streams today than “Shape of You”, and twice as many streams as “Dance Monkey”.

Spotify existed in 2014 (the app was launched in 2011), but it definitely wasn’t as big. 

LordByron28

Don’t fully agree with the premise but she was starting to flop before 2020. Reputation had lukewarm reception and LWYMMD was not that well received. Lover had poor single choices, it was a good return to form for her but she chose the worst singles, imo. The feud between Kanye and what Kim Kardashian did towards her did not help. In addition to other squabbling such as with Katy Perry. Her acting debut in Cats was laughable. Again she was still doing well but was starting to decline and having some misses. 

2020 was really when she reversed that. Evermore and Folklore gave her artistic cred from the hipster crowd that likes ‘real music’. Her re-releases have been timed perfectly for the younger generations to get into her and reinvigorate her popularity. Midnights also capitalized perfectly on the vibes and sound that were taking off in 2021/22. Her upswing into megastatus has really happened 2020-2022. Before that her career wasn’t looking that different from Rihanna, Beyoncé, and Gaga. 

LG7 time now
3 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

No because this is something I think about CONSTANTLY and that is as a major swiftie. Some people love this song and I- I think it is a fine song but oh my lord, by all metrics it has been a success, on the charts for longer than Shake It Off or Love Story. I have the feeling it is very USA focused and therefore feels fan made to me as an international swiftie. But it also seems like everyone around me is aware of the 'I'm the problem it's me' line so I have NO CLUE:saladga:

I can’t answer your main question cause I’m from France and it’s not really Taylor’s market, BUT I can tell you that indeed, the entire french Gen Z (is that what they’re called?) knows the “It’s me, hi, I’m the problem it’s me” line, from YouTube Shorts, TikTok etc., kinda like “I’ll dance, dance, dance“. I feel that it’s one of these songs that pull great numbers and yet most people kinda know it without knowing much about it or where it comes from? I would compare that kind of impact to that song that goes “I-I follow, I follow you”. Or the one that goes “I’ve got no roots ooh ooh ooooh“. Does that make sense?

• Like 1

AnglerfishbraBENUS
3 hours ago, Agunimon said:

But we are talking about Taylor Swift, who is obviously not a one hit wonder considering she is the most successful artist in modern day music. I'm not sure why @Glojuice is comparing Out of the Woods, Style and All Too Well which @Taylucifer said were moderates with one of Gaga's most iconic songs. Those songs are not Just Dance levels of success, but others are.

it’s just something fun to discuss. there are hits that do well and there are hits that alter time and space - of which she has plenty of both