Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Times Billie belted/sang full voice

Helxig

Featured Posts

Helxig

Hello :artdoll2:

I just started this thread to share some of my favourite moments where Billie sung in full voice/chest voice/belted to compile them all in one place :bon:  (timestamped)

These are ones I could think of off the top of my head.. please post more if you can think of any!

(YouTube deleted the HD version of this first one :samanthac:)

And I couldn't pick between these two because one is more clear but in the other she does some great high notes :laughga: 

I hear a lot of people saying Billie can only 'whisper-sing' and can't 'sing 'properly' is a bad singer etc. I know for a fact her usual technique requires a lot of serious breath control, she is usually pitch perfect, creates beautiful riffs on the fly, has great control of her volume and knows how to emphasize certain parts, and is obviously musically talented in many way..

But this thread isn't to start a debate so please noone fight :alsemanche: 

If you hate Billie and her songs just click away :holdmyhand:  see you in the next thread

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 10
  • Thanks 1

Cello

Love all of these clips, she is amazing!! Hearing No Time To Die for the first time blew me away :worship2:

she/her | The Fame Monster stan ✝️
  • YAAAS 3

Helxig
2 minutes ago, Cello said:

Love all of these clips, she is amazing!! Hearing No Time To Die for the first time blew me away :worship2:

Oh my god me toooo! At The Grammys? The one where she wore the wig :laughga:  I remember the goosebumps. I watched that performance so many times

Edit: I thought you said live :laughga:  but yes hearing the official song the first time was the same. It felt like something different. Also fit the Bond song theme so well

Edited by Helxig
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Cello

Not an example of belting but any opportunity to share this gorgeous performance :vegas:

• YAAAS 4

Cello
3 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Oh my god me toooo! At The Grammys? The one where she wore the wig :laughga:  I remember the goosebumps. I watched that performance so many times

Edit: I thought you said live :laughga:  but yes hearing the official song the first time was the same. It felt like something different. Also fit the Bond song theme so well

Both tbh! I was shook at the recording and then even more so live!! 

• YAAAS 2

Billie uses a lot of technique at a low volume. This means you have to have a lot of control of your voice. However, she is quite capable of singing at a normal volume and belts as well. It seems as time has gone by, she has branched away from the quiet singing and has experimented more with her full voice. 

• Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

littlepotter

I watched her live this summer and was absolutely blown away by her vocals, especially on TV

chaeri pls
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

Helxig
15 hours ago, Catnikko said:

Her voice is so pretty, it irks me so much when people say she just whispers :excusemeno:

It bothers me too, which is what prompted me to think about these things and start this thread

14 hours ago, Supersonic said:

she has a REALLY great timbre for jazz singing.

Yes! She really does  :giveup: 

11 hours ago, NCgaga said:

Billie uses a lot of technique at a low volume. This means you have to have a lot of control of your voice. However, she is quite capable of singing at a normal volume and belts as well. It seems as time has gone by, she has branched away from the quiet singing and has experimented more with her full voice. 

I guess a lot of people just don't know the difference. But I don't understand how you could listen to her and think the way she sings is easy and she 'can't sing'. Idk. 

And yes I've noticed that too. Oddly enough she used to sing a bit more full voice early on, but after her vocals became very soft it's like she was too shy to try belting, and now she's got the confidence to just do it. I wonder if it's because the world called her a 'whisper singer', so she knew it would be a big deal when she started belting and everybody would criticise her, so she stuck with what was comfortable. I love her voice though

11 hours ago, littlepotter said:

I watched her live this summer and was absolutely blown away by her vocals, especially on TV

I saw her this year too!! I was pretty close, about 5-6 front the front, and she was SO GOOD. Also when she came down and touched and hugged everyone in the front row was such a cool moment. I could really close then. It's obvious anyway, but she is so pretty and charismatic

• YAAAS 2

LadyxGaGa

i love her sm she is amazing 

but yes i agree i love when she has her like full voice it’s so pleasant because it’s still so light and airy 

• YAAAS 1

Helxig
4 hours ago, LadyxGaGa said:

YAY

I AM SO HAPPY FOR A BILLIE THREAD 

i love her sm she is amazing 

but yes i agree i love when she has her like full voice it’s so pleasant because it’s still so light and airy 

OMG THOSE LAST TWO PERFORMANCES ALWAYS BLOW ME AWAY 

i rly rly liked when she sang i wish u we’re gay her voice during that was always heavenly 

Ilh :flutter:

• LMAO 1